ADVERTISEMENT

If the Big 12 Folds.

SchmidtyNole

Freshman
Feb 19, 2007
If the Big 12 were to fold after the Grant of Rights expires in 2024, I predict either Texas or West Virginia ends up in the ACC to pair with Notre Dame as the 15th and 16th ACC teams.

I think West Virginia would be a great fit in the ACC. You guys are right in ACC territory.

The only teams I think that hold trump cards in the Big 12 are Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and West Virginia. I think those four schools would find a home in another Power 5 conference quickly. Everybody else in the current Big 12 would be scrambling to find a new home or get left behind if the Big 12 breaks up.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Big 12 isn't vulnerable in the Short Term due to their Grant of Rights. But Long Term the Big 12 is in a precarious position due to the fact that they are going to be the only conference without a TV Network moving forward and they are in danger of Financially falling behind other conferences due to that fact.

Last edited:
If the Big 12 were to fold after the Grant of Rights expires in 2024, I predict either Texas or West Virginia ends up in the ACC to pair with Notre Dame as the 15th and 16th ACC teams.

I think West Virginia would be a great fit in the ACC. You guys are right in ACC territory.

The only teams I think that hold trump cards in the Big 12 are Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and West Virginia. I think those four schools would find a home in another Power 5 conference quickly. Everybody else in the current Big 12 would be scrambling to find a new home or get left behind if the Big 12 breaks up.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Big 12 isn't vulnerable in the Short Term due to their Grant of Rights. But Long Term the Big 12 is in a precarious position.

Generally speaking, pretty much everyone here agrees.......but it's abundantly clear nobody in true power within the conference has ever had any interest in WVU after having mucho opportunities over the years to issue an invitation. Why that is exactly is up to the individual who considers the question; but at 59 years old, I believe I'll be dead and buried......and not because of any expiration of GOR.......before West Virginia is part of the ACC (that is, unless the balance of power somehow shifts dramatically from the Plantation owners in North Carolina to another power base revolving more around football).

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. The Big 12 isn't vulnerable in the Short Term due to their Grant of Rights. But Long Term the Big 12 is in a precarious position due to the fact that they are going to be the only conference without a TV Network moving forward and they are in danger of Financially falling behind other conferences due to that fact.
There are 4 slots left in the PAC12, 2 in the B1G, 2 in the SEC, There would be 1 slot left in the ACC but only if ND decides to join the ACC - they are not likely to expand by just 1 team, so whoever gets the last ACC slot is going to have to wait on Notre Dame, perhaps forever. WVU is not going to the PAC12 and is not going to the B1G. That leaves one chance, the SEC. We have to assume that OU is a lock for the SEC. Whether or not they would be forced to bring along OSU or even IF the SEC would take 2 schools from a pretty small state is up for debate. It looks like the most likely option is for WVU to end up staying in a weakened BIG12, with the SEC being a slim chance, and the ACC as an even slimmer chance. Texas and Oklahoma STILL could decide that staying in the BIG12 is their best option despite falling behind. Texas and Oklahoma are going to be OK no matter what they do. How about the other 8 schools take a pay cut to satisfy the greed of Texas and Oklahoma? It would still be better than the AAC.

Reactions: ncat33
There are 4 slots left in the PAC12, 2 in the B1G, 2 in the SEC, There would be 1 slot left in the ACC but only if ND decides to join the ACC - they are not likely to expand by just 1 team, so whoever gets the last ACC slot is going to have to wait on Notre Dame, perhaps forever. WVU is not going to the PAC12 and is not going to the B1G. That leaves one chance, the SEC. We have to assume that OU is a lock for the SEC. Whether or not they would be forced to bring along OSU or even IF the SEC would take 2 schools from a pretty small state is up for debate. It looks like the most likely option is for WVU to end up staying in a weakened BIG12, with the SEC being a slim chance, and the ACC as an even slimmer chance. Texas and Oklahoma STILL could decide that staying in the BIG12 is their best option despite falling behind. Texas and Oklahoma are going to be OK no matter what they do. How about the other 8 schools take a pay cut to satisfy the greed of Texas and Oklahoma? It would still be better than the AAC.
I think it is just a matter of time before Notre Dame joins Full Time from what I am hearing. The only question is WHEN not IF. Whenever Notre Dame joins Full Time there will be a long list of applicants that would want to get into the ACC as the 16th team. I just think West Virginia is the best fit based on Geography and their overall athletics program.

I think it is just a matter of time before Notre Dame joins Full Time from what I am hearing. The only question is WHEN not IF. Whenever Notre Dame joins Full Time there will be a long list of applicants that would want to get into the ACC as the 16th team. I just think West Virginia is the best fit based on Geography and their overall athletics program.

Well, IF we did get picked up by the ACC should the Big 12 fall completely apart, then no worries. The Backyard Brawl returns, renewing the Black Diamond trophy series with VT and Schwartzwalder Trophy with Cuse can happen again too. Lot of traditional/old rivalries can return and despising Pitt and VT (vice-versa) makes its comeback.

But should things happen to where OU and Texas stay put, then I prefer to stay with the Big 12.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
I don't see Texas to the ACC. Pac 12 with Texas Tech is likely. Or Texas with Kansas to Big 10. Before you laugh at Kansas to Big 10 look at Rutgers, and at least KU strengthens Big 10 basketball. If all remaining conferences go to 16 members then WVU has a great chance to end up somewhere.

Yeah, the Big Least kept hearing that, too. You all made a deal with the devil there.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Well, IF we did get picked up by the ACC should the Big 12 fall completely apart, then no worries. The Backyard Brawl returns, renewing the Black Diamond trophy series with VT and Schwartzwalder Trophy with Cuse can happen again too. Lot of traditional/old rivalries can return and despising Pitt and VT (vice-versa) makes its comeback.

But should things happen to where OU and Texas stay put, then I prefer to stay with the Big 12.

Actually, from a conference match-up perspective the ACC gets my vote. We're obviously a geographical outlier with the Big 12 and I would enjoy playing the old Big East teams. We have well established rivalries with VT and Pitt. Plus, the other ACC teams are easier travel destinations from Morgantown and fans/alumni living in the region.

However, I read there is more money in the Big 12 than the ACC, which greatly minimizes its chances for reality.

Actually, from a conference match-up perspective the ACC gets my vote. We're obviously a geographical outlier with the Big 12 and I would enjoy playing the old Big East teams. We have well established rivalries with VT and Pitt. Plus, the other ACC teams are easier travel destinations from Morgantown and fans/alumni living in the region.

However, I read there is more money in the Big 12 than the ACC, which greatly minimizes its chances for reality.
Actually there will be more money in the ACC moving forward due to the revenue from the future ACC Network. The Big 12 might be able to keep up temporarily with expansion due to the Pro Rata share for adding teams no matter who they are. But when the Big 12 TV contract is up for renewal in 2024 the Big 12 won't have much leverage adding teams that don't move the needle for ESPN and Fox. So the money thing is more of a Long Term problem for the Big 12.

If the B12 folds....100% likelihood if GOR isn't extended this year

1) SEC
For many reasons: Great teams, similar fanbases, great $$$, coaches there have always been very fond of our crazy little town and it's fans. If we had more TV's we would be there now. I would literally go to every away game.

2) SEC
3) SEC
123) ACC: Why when it's a great geographical fit?

The schools, as a whole, have treated us like crap and ruined the one conference we actually fit best (Big East).

Basketball is still the main drive there.

Notre Dame

Fan experience at bulk of schools there don't match what we have at WVU....except for FSU and Clemson. Those would be the only away games I could bear to go to....except for heckling Pitt at times due to it's super short distance.

Last edited:
Would love to see us end up in ACC Nole. Pitt and Virginia Tech were great rivalries. I still have a very strong dislike for Syracuse which I think most fans at the 1992 game have. Louisville was turning into a fun rivalry and was a really fun road trip. You know you will get Notre Dame in Morgantown every 6 or 7 years. I made the first game in Austin and had a blast but honestly don't see me making another Big 12 road trip for a long time. It is really hard to justify spending more on a long weekend for a football game than taking my whole family on a week long vacation.

Would love to see us end up in ACC Nole. Pitt and Virginia Tech were great rivalries. I still have a very strong dislike for Syracuse which I think most fans at the 1992 game have. Louisville was turning into a fun rivalry and was a really fun road trip. You know you will get Notre Dame in Morgantown every 6 or 7 years. I made the first game in Austin and had a blast but honestly don't see me making another Big 12 road trip for a long time. It is really hard to justify spending more on a long weekend for a football game than taking my whole family on a week long vacation.

That 1992 game against Cuse... terrible memories and lots of anger. I remember watching that game on TV and the bias the refs obviously had still has me fuming. I still cannot stand Marvin Graves and how he was able to get away with not being ejected for beaning Tommy Orr in the back of the head with the football. The ending of that game still angers me to this day.

I see the Big 12 folding.....which will serve to allow inter-space travel. As you know, the fold creates a 'wormhole'. Holgs will be the first to break out. ................followed closely by Warez and then TorontoEERs. The next thing you know jars of Warez's world famous pickles will be in deep space.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
Actually there will be more money in the ACC moving forward due to the revenue from the future ACC Network. The Big 12 might be able to keep up temporarily with expansion due to the Pro Rata share for adding teams no matter who they are. But when the Big 12 TV contract is up for renewal in 2024 the Big 12 won't have much leverage adding teams that don't move the needle for ESPN and Fox. So the money thing is more of a Long Term problem for the Big 12.
The ACC will not make more miney than the Big12.

The ACC will not make more miney than the Big12.
Love that play. I was watching TV with my father in law who had been a third string guard for PSU back in the day. It was damn hard not to gloat! He wasn't too happy.

Last edited:
ACC $22.1 million per school

Big 12 $25.3 million per school

Pac-12 $25.5 million per school

Big 10 $27.6 million per school

SEC $34 million per school

Other than SEC, other 4 conferences are pretty much bunched together.

By and large the ACC would be the Big East plus Fla State and/or Clemson once every 6 years or whatever it is.

I'm all for playing the old rivals, but it's interesting the amount of discredit that goes to the Big East. People would be fine for those match-ups as long as they are branded as ACC play.

Would add the BXII isn't likely to fold. See the revenue numbers above. A lucrative league that's more than a 2-horse race & is about to increase it's profile & revenue both.

Last edited:
There would be many rivalries to rekindle in the (old Big East plus a few others) or ACC . . .
Fight2(Syracuse92).jpg

West-Virginia-Virginia-Tech-2005.jpg

1683049-running-back-jason-geathers-of-the-university-gettyimages.jpg

If the Big 12 folds,

My season tickets will be available and for 2 main reasons:

1. I don't think WVU will get an SEC invite and after watching the high brand of conference football I've seen the last few seasons, I would have no interest in seein WVU in a lesser conference. Been there, done that, got the tshirt and then got an upgrade to 1st class on a 747 from coach off the titanic.
2. The B1G ain't inviting WVU either.

Whether it's aac or ACC, if you take out VT, FSU, & Clemson, they're about the same, ie a bunch of basketball first schools or schools in Urban Markets or both. And WVU wouldnt be playing those 3 but maybe 1 time in 3 years average.

Just Got no desire to give up the best valued season football tickets to watch us play those other famed "traditional rivals" that didn't bring anyone to Morgantown and bitched & moaned constantly about fan behavior. I guess WVU fans were rude in Pittsburgh, BC, Syracuse, louisville, etc cause those schools don't have their fans go to their own home games either.

As always I hope the Big 12 stays at 10. Dont F$&@ with this schedule. It's too good.

If the Big 12 folds,

1. I don't think WVU will get an SEC invite and after watching the high brand of conference football I've seen the last few seasons, I would have no interest in seein WVU in a lesser conference. Been there, done that, got the tshirt and then got an upgrade to 1st class on a 747 from coach off the titanic.

Whether it's aac or ACC, if you take out VT, FSU, & Clemson, they're about the same, ie a bunch of basketball first schools or schools in Urban Markets or both. And WVU wouldnt be playing those 3 but maybe 1 time in 3 years average.

Just Got no desire to give up the best valued season football tickets to watch us play those other famed "traditional rivals" that didn't bring anyone to Morgantown and bitched & moaned constantly about fan behavior. I guess WVU fans were rude in Pittsburgh, BC, Syracuse, louisville, etc cause those schools don't have their fans go to their own home games either.

As always I hope the Big 12 stays at 10. Dont F$&@ with this schedule. It's too good.

VT hasn't been that great for last 5 years. So it really is FSU and Clemson..

If the Big 12 folds,

I'm with you. I LOVE watching Oklahoma or Texas in Mountaineer Field every year. We used to drool when we got Oklahoma once every 5 or 10 years, now we get the Sooners every year and Tavon scared the crap out of them in that 50-49 game.

As long as Texas and Oklahoma stay in the Big 12, it will be a Power 5 conference, so I'm happy with WVU in it. ACC, SEC and Big 10 don't want us, never have wanted us and never will want us, so stop smoking that pipedream.

I'll just enjoy seeing all those major powers come to Mountaineer Field to entertain me. I don't care if WVU dropped to the WVIAC, I'd still be at every home game till I die.

I envision these scenarios WHEN the B-12 IMPLODES:

ACC:
1) Texas as partial member (like Notre Dame)..For Now...Rolling LHN into ACCN.
2) West Virginia (reinstating the Backyard Brawl), if Texas heads to the PAC.
3) Cincinnati, if WVU gets taken by the SEC.
4) Cincinnati and U-Conn.

BIG:
1) Kansas and Oklahoma (Reunites them with Nebraska).
2) Kansas and U-Conn (if Oklahoma joins Oklahoma State, Texas and Texas Tech in the PAC).

PAC:
1) The Oklahoma Schools, Texas and Texas Tech.
2) Iowa State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech (if Oklahoma and Texas head to the BIG and ACC).

SEC:
1) Oklahoma and West Virginia.
2) Oklahoma and Houston.
3) Oklahoma State and West Virginia.
4) Oklahoma State and Houston
5) Kansas State and West Virginia.
6) Kansas State and Houston.
7) Kansas State and Oklahoma State (Ties Arkansas, Missouri and Texas together).
8) West Virginia and Houston.
9) West Virginia and East Carolina (Gets the SEC in the Virginia's and Carolina's).
10) Houston and East Carolina.

G-5 and P-5 Independents:
Air Force (G), Army (G), BYU (P), Navy (G), Notre Dame (P), Texas (P).

In this scenario, the ACC selects option #4...The BIG selects option #1...The PAC selects option #2...The SEC selects either options 8, 9 or 10.

West Virginia BELONGS in either the ACC or SEC!!!

Baylor, Iowa State and TCU join the MWC!!!

:pimp:

I've taken my shots at the ACC over the years but assuming an SEC invite never materializes...I would jump for joy to be a part of the ACC Renaissance.

Its all about coaching. Reason the ACC was a joke for so many years was Bobby Bowden, Randy Shannon, Al Golden, Frank Beamer, Tommy Bowden were the coaches at their biggest programs (FSU, Miami, VT, Clemson) and were either terrible or too old.

Adding WVU and ND to an already improving conference would have a great chance to rival the SEC in no time.

Reactions: American Male
According to Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman newspaper, the Sooners prefer the P12 over the SEC. That would provide for Oklahoma State to join as well, as the P12 prefers dual school states in its footprint.

Texas prefers the B12 survive because it does not want to give up the Longhorn Network, and would do so only as a last resort. If Texas joins a conference, look for t to be the P12, and look for Texas Tech to join them. Political pressure will ensure that.

Those 4 schools make the P12 a true power-broker in college football.

Notre Dame has a provision in their contract with the ACC that if they join a conference full-time, it has to be the ACC.

The extended GOR the ACC has promised to sign ensures they will not be losing any teams to the Big 10 or SEC.

The B10 will have even more limited options at that point. Kansas will most likely be added for basketball and AAU status, but after that the options are not attractive based on the existing B10 expansion requirements. Iowa State is AAU, but Iowa would fight them being brought on board, but even before it got to that, the lack of new market value and football success would eliminate Iowa State. There really isn't anyone else available for them at that point.

The SEC could be interested in WVU, TCU, or Kansas State. I suppose Baylor has a shot, but A&M will probably oppose TCU or Baylor, and the SEC doesn't want to add programs in existing SEC state territories. Plus, with Briles gone, it seems more likely that Baylor will go back to losing than it does they will continue to win at a high level.

For the ACC, I think if they get Notre Dame full-time, eventually, then UConn will be team 16.

So for WVU, it looks like the SEC might be their only shot if the B12 does disband.

According to Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman newspaper, the Sooners prefer the P12 over the SEC. That would provide for Oklahoma State to join as well, as the P12 prefers dual school states in its footprint.

Texas prefers the B12 survive because it does not want to give up the Longhorn Network, and would do so only as a last resort. If Texas joins a conference, look for t to be the P12, and look for Texas Tech to join them. Political pressure will ensure that.

Those 4 schools make the P12 a true power-broker in college football.

Notre Dame has a provision in their contract with the ACC that if they join a conference full-time, it has to be the ACC.

The extended GOR the ACC has promised to sign ensures they will not be losing any teams to the Big 10 or SEC.

The B10 will have even more limited options at that point. Kansas will most likely be added for basketball and AAU status, but after that the options are not attractive based on the existing B10 expansion requirements. Iowa State is AAU, but Iowa would fight them being brought on board, but even before it got to that, the lack of new market value and football success would eliminate Iowa State. There really isn't anyone else available for them at that point.

The SEC could be interested in WVU, TCU, or Kansas State. I suppose Baylor has a shot, but A&M will probably oppose TCU or Baylor, and the SEC doesn't want to add programs in existing SEC state territories. Plus, with Briles gone, it seems more likely that Baylor will go back to losing than it does they will continue to win at a high level.

For the ACC, I think if they get Notre Dame full-time, eventually, then UConn will be team 16.

So for WVU, it looks like the SEC might be their only shot if the B12 does disband.

The Okie Schools, Texas and TT to the PAC would just be what was going to happen in 2011...No Big Surprise there.

If the Big takes Kansas...Which I believe they will...I could see them taking Connecticut as well...U-Conn is AAU also, and it gives the BIG another team in the populated Northeast.

If the ACC HAD ANY Sense, it would invite West Virginia...Revive the Backyard Brawl...And games with old Big East Foes Virginia Tech, Louisville, Miami and Syracuse...It's a NO #*@#ING Brainer!!!

Pod 1
Boston College, Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse

Pod 2
Louisville, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia

Pod 3
Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina

Pod 4
Clemson, FSU, N.C. State, Wake Forest

Playing Louisville and Virginia Tech every year...And WVU's permanant cross pod 1 rival being Pitt...Plus you get Notre Dame every three years...Would be a GREAT set-up...Sadly, Acedemic Arrogance and Politics could prevent this from happening...Thus...I say the ACC settles on Cincinnati...What a FRIGGING Joke!!!

So WVU to the SEC, along with either East Carolina, Houston or Kansas State looks good to me!!!

WVU should be a given...The next spot is up for grabs!!!

ECU along with WVU expands the conference up the Atlantic Coast, and gives WVU a new rival.

Kansas State is a new market area, and restarts it's riverly with Missouri.

IMHO, Houston has, and adds NO upside!!!

Good Luck going forward!!!

:pimp:

There would be many rivalries to rekindle in the (old Big East plus a few others) or ACC . . .
Fight2(Syracuse92).jpg

West-Virginia-Virginia-Tech-2005.jpg

1683049-running-back-jason-geathers-of-the-university-gettyimages.jpg
You're 100% correct. Rivalries are what make CFB Great. Adding WVU would instantly create rivalries with increased interest with over half the conference. In fact, the only teams I could see that wouldn't be of interest would be the Wake and Duke games. The others would be interesting match ups. And even though BC, SU and PITT suck now it would be a Real Pleasure to kick their ass again and I know both fan bases would be interested. Probably not going to happen but it is the right fit.

The ACC will never take WVU as a member. How many times did it get floated over the years...the UNC, NCSt, Wake, Duke old guard voted it down if I remember right. Maryland I believe supported entry, but they split the program. Only if the SEC were to take Florida State, Clemson or Georgia Tech (a former member) as new members would something like this be remotely feasible. Even then, they would probably have to compete with schools such as Cincy, which would regain the rivalry game with natural rival Louisville.

If the Big 12 folds,

I guess WVU fans were rude in Pittsburgh, BC, Syracuse, louisville, etc cause those schools don't have their fans go to their own home games either.

Totally wrong about Louisville at home and on the road, as any WVU fan who has been there will attest ... And it sounds like you are quick to give up your tickets.

Totally wrong about Louisville at home and on the road, as any WVU fan who has been there will attest ... And it sounds like you are quick to give up your tickets.

Louisville bought the 5k allotment for 4 games at Mountaineer Field exactly 1 time while in the Big East (year 1 2005).

I've went to the pizza palace 3 times and only once was it a sellout (2006 the Thursday night blackout when capacity was not even 50k. I remember that night for reasons not even related to football).

There are more UK fans in Louisville than card fans. Kentucky owns that state and market.

There are more fans from the schools from the states of TX, OK, and even KS & IA coming to New Mountaineer Field from another time zone than used to come from Louisville, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston, miami, Cincinnati, 2 Directional FLs, and I'll guarantee every other commuter or basketball first school in the aac or ACC. That's my point.

I'm not talking basketball. I couldn't less about it. I'm talking football.

I don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen. Someone posted below that the ACC's new deal states that both ESPN and FOX won't expand with ACC schools. I have no idea if that is true or not. If true then Oklahoma and Texas will decide if expansion happens or not. If they stay in the Big 12 then I don't see expansion happening for a long time. I really don't see why Fox would make those promises since they have no TV deal at all with the ACC. I'm also not sold on this ACC network. The PAC 10 network is not working. Too many ACC schools just don't seem to support their school let alone watch a network.

Truthfully there needs to be just four conferences broken into 8 divisions. 20 teams makes the most sense. That is my favorite thing about the Big 12. 9 conference games and three out of conference games. You get to play everyone. 20 teams broken down into two 10 team divisions each. A championship game gives you a true final 4 at the end of the year. No need for an 8 team playoff.

If WVU was invited to the ACC I would be thankful that we would hopefully find some stability.I won't hold my breath for WVU getting into the ACC and like another poster said unless we were playing FSU, Clemson or Va. Tech every year there is a major drop off. Not necessarily with the quality of team on the field but the atmosphere at the games. That is what makes the SEC the SEC.

Last edited:
The ACC will never take WVU as a member. How many times did it get floated over the years...the UNC, NCSt, Wake, Duke old guard voted it down if I remember right. Maryland I believe supported entry, but they split the program. Only if the SEC were to take Florida State, Clemson or Georgia Tech (a former member) as new members would something like this be remotely feasible. Even then, they would probably have to compete with schools such as Cincy, which would regain the rivalry game with natural rival Louisville.

Including any ACC departure in a discussion eliminates the seriousness of the post. The ACC will not change for at least 20 years unless they actually invite someone else to join. No one is leaving.

If (when) the B12 folds then there will be 4 18 team (super) conferences.

Let's look at the record:
The ACC, SEC and Big 10 passed on WVU last time, forcing Oliver Luck to squeeze us into the Big 12.

The teams that left the Southern Conference and formed the ACC boycotted WVU then.

What makes anyone think that, if the Big 12 implodes, the ACC, SEC or Big 10 would take WVU? Hell, Pac-12 would take the Mountaineers before any of those conferences, and that isn't going to happen either.

It's Big 12 or sink to Marshall's level for WVU. Meanwhile, keep cashing those $30 million conference payouts every year, enjoy the ride.

That 1992 game against Cuse... terrible memories and lots of anger. I remember watching that game on TV and the bias the refs obviously had still has me fuming. I still cannot stand Marvin Graves and how he was able to get away with not being ejected for beaning Tommy Orr in the back of the head with the football. The ending of that game still angers me to this day.

Why? Syracuse was by far the better team that year. WVU just played a very good game and matched up well in the trenches. SU finished with a double digit win season and a Fiesta bowl win over a good McCartney coached Colorado team. WVU won 5 games. I'd be more pissed about the 96 or 98 Miami game. Getting beat by a clearly inferior team.

Why? Syracuse was by far the better team that year. WVU just played a very good game and matched up well in the trenches. SU finished with a double digit win season and a Fiesta bowl win over a good McCartney coached Colorado team. WVU won 5 games. I'd be more pissed about the 96 or 98 Miami game. Getting beat by a clearly inferior team.

Come on Bruno Suckacuse puke Orangemen was not the better team that year. They were luck to beat us with help from the corrupt officiating.

I don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen. Someone posted below that the ACC's new deal states that both ESPN and FOX won't expand with ACC schools. I have no idea if that is true or not. If true then Oklahoma and Texas will decide if expansion happens or not. If they stay in the Big 12 then I don't see expansion happening for a long time. I really don't see why Fox would make those promises since they have no TV deal at all with the ACC. I'm also not sold on this ACC network. The PAC 10 network is not working. Too many ACC schools just don't seem to support their school let alone watch a network.

Truthfully there needs to be just four conferences broken into 8 divisions. 20 teams makes the most sense. That is my favorite thing about the Big 12. 9 conference games and three out of conference games. You get to play everyone. 20 teams broken down into two 10 team divisions each. A championship game gives you a true final 4 at the end of the year. No need for an 8 team playoff.

If WVU was invited to the ACC I would be thankful that we would hopefully find some stability.I won't hold my breath for WVU getting into the ACC and like another poster said unless we were playing FSU, Clemson or Va. Tech every year there is a major drop off. Not necessarily with the quality of team on the field but the atmosphere at the games. That is what makes the SEC the SEC.
The ACC Network isn't just about Football. It's about Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, Baseball and the Olympic Sports. If you include ALL Sports the ACC is at the top of all conferences in the country. Football is getting better. We have two Top 5 teams at the top and other programs are getting better to add parity to the conference. But in Sports other than Football the ACC has plenty of passionate fans and it's the best Men's Basketball conference in the country. 5 Sweet 16 teams in 2014-2015 and 6 Sweet 16 teams in 2015-2016.

The ACC Network isn't just about Football. It's about Football, Men's and Women's Basketball, Baseball and the Olympic Sports. If you include ALL Sports the ACC is at the top of all conferences in the country. Football is getting better. We have two Top 5 teams at the top and other programs are getting better to add parity to the conference. But in Sports other than Football the ACC has plenty of passionate fans and it's the best Men's Basketball conference in the country. 5 Sweet 16 teams in 2014-2015 and 6 Sweet 16 teams in 2015-2016.

Did you ever think that the reason the ACC has 2 top 5 teams is that the only game those two teams should lose would be to each other (and one of those teams HAS to win that game)? Rankings are easy when the rest of the conference is a friggin cake walk.

Reactions: UconNell
Did you ever think that the reason the ACC has 2 top 5 teams is that the only game those two teams should lose would be to each other (and one of those teams HAS to win that game)? Rankings are easy when the rest of the conference is a friggin cake walk.
That's very shortsighted. We beat teams Out of Conference the majority of the time too. FSU is 7-1 vs SEC teams since Jimbo Fisher became coach. Clemson has wins over Auburn, LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma twice and Ohio State since the start of the 2012 season. To say FSU and Clemson are Top 5 teams because they are in the ACC is ridiculous.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT