ADVERTISEMENT

If he shuts down the Govt

I think it would be a general rule change (one I’m in favor of)
That’s insanely shortsighted. Why would you be ok with simple majority deciding major legislation? That would eliminate either side from ever working together again.

I agree. It's like you come on this board begging to be proven wrong and begging to be shown how stupid you are.
Its like you just repeated what I said back to me because you are so creative.

Nobody believes you are smart. Even the libs are embarrassed by you.

Its like you just repeated what I said back to me because you are so creative.

Nobody believes you are smart. Even the libs are embarrassed by you.

LOL!

Change the subject.

Tell us how Trump didn't have the Senate. Us dumbies want you to explain it to us.

Ironic that you use that GIF.

“Probably the one thing that we could change without a constitutional amendment that would make a difference here would be the elimination of the routine use of the filibuster in the Senate,” Obama told Vox. “In an era in which the parties are more polarized, it almost ensures greater gridlock and less clarity in terms of the positions of the parties.”

Seems Trump and Barry agree about the Senate and its rules.

Did dems control the house and senate when he said that?

Who is spinning that narrative?

Well, trump for one.

Change the subject? I responded DIRECTLY to the subject of your post. Keep spinning dummy.

Sure you changed the subject. No you didn't respond to the question. You never explained to us how "trump doesn't have the senate." I mean it's documented multiple times in this thread. And, "it's simple civics."

So explain it to us.

Sure you changed the subject. No you didn't respond to the question. You never explained to us how "trump doesn't have the senate." I mean it's documented multiple times in this thread. And, "it's simple civics."

So explain it to us.
It is simple civics. Dog explained it to you. I am not sure why you are confused.

So explain it to us.
He won't and you know it. He will continue to deflect and lie and make up all kind of nonsense. They are all doing it this morning more than normal. And normal is a pretty high level of stupid behavior from these righties.

Reactions: countryroads89
That’s insanely shortsighted. Why would you be ok with simple majority deciding major legislation? That would eliminate either side from ever working together again.
A budget is major legislation, but not tax reform?

He won't and you know it. He will continue to deflect and lie and make up all kind of nonsense. They are all doing it this morning more than normal. And normal is a pretty high level of stupid behavior from these righties.
I have no reason to deflect. I said nothing incorrect and you know it. Stop lying.

I like trying things. Imo, it would force more compromise. As we see, it’s not easy to keep and hold the majority. It would also force Dems to think about a politics outside the cities

I like trying things. Imo, it would force more compromise. As we see, it’s not easy to keep and hold the majority. It would also force Dems to think about a politics outside the cities

It would actually eliminate compromise, as 51 votes would rule the land.

Congratulations your cloture than before.

How many votes did PL 115-97 (Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017) get in the Senate?

Yeah, congratulations again, you're a dumbass.

You might want to call up your buddy Mitch and ask him a "very simple civics" question.

You might want to call up your buddy Mitch and ask him a "very simple civics" question.
A bill only needs a majority to pass. That doesnt change the fact that a bill can never pass if it never goes to a vote. You just dont understand the process. Much like you dont know how a grand jury works.

As unpopular as Obamacare was/is, amazing that he was able to get it through the House and Senate......yet Trump cannot get funding for his wall.......very interesting......

A bill only needs a majority to pass. That doesnt change the fact that a bill can never pass if it never goes to a vote. You just dont understand the process. Much like you dont know how a grand jury works.

LMAO!

It would actually eliminate compromise, as 51 votes would rule the land.
You still have the house and the oval, rare one party holds all three. And when they do, I think they should be able to pass legislation easily, so the people can see what they’ve voted in. The minority party will have to concede more in order to get any concessions, but when the tables are turned the same is true. With a long term vision, I think simple majority forces more compromise and less nastiness.

DuT-KzrVYAAH-7n.jpg

Reactions: roadtrasheer
Thats when I know your tired of looking like an idiot.

No, tired of proving you wrong. You are the dumbest dude on this board. You have to be in self denial to keep coming back and posting stuff that is both stupid and wrong.

Simple majority is all it takes to pass a bill now.

No, tired of proving you wrong. You are the dumbest dude on this board. You have to be in self denial to keep coming back and posting stuff that is both stupid and wrong.

Simple majority is all it takes to pass a bill now.
Simple majority has always been all it takes to pass. You cant pass a bill if you cannot have cloture and that takes 60 or 61 votes.

Simple majority has always been all it takes to pass. You cant pass a bill if you cannot have cloture and that takes 60 or 61 votes.

LOL! You're using words like you think you know what they mean.

LMAO!

Bye bye dave.

In the case of filibuster

Cloture is required to end debate and allow a bill to get to the floor for a vote. Without cloture, the Senate can not close debate and can not vote. Cloture requires 60 votes, anyone that thinks you "control" the Senate without 60 votes, but merely 51, doesn't have a clue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT