ADVERTISEMENT

I think L West is going to be WVU's best player soon

wvpaper

All-Conference
Nov 21, 2010
would like to see him at the 2 with carter, nate, esa, and tdb in a BIG lineup this year. i think he could handle it.

He's already scored 2 points against Radford and looks like he could be ready for more action as the season progresses.

Or he could be the next Eron Harris and decide not to improve his defensive skills and leave......tonight we saw the lack of defense and the lack of playing time.

wvu is a better team when he's out there now. it's going to be a show in a year.

He has been a very pleasant surprise this season. At least he's putting the effort in to get better on defense. As athletic as he is, I'd say it's just a matter of time. He may be needed at some point this season. At least he can come in and create some offense now. He has a great 3 point shooting stroke.

Best 3 shooter and best defender not named Jevon. Actually kind of weird that Huggins does not get be him more minutes now

Best 3 shooter and best defender not named Jevon. Actually kind of weird that Huggins does not get be him more minutes now

Are you serious? He's a good shooter, but he's not even close to the same defender as Dax....or Watkins in the post......again, he's good but he is lacking a LOT on the defensive side of the ball. And that's why Huggs isn't giving him the minutes YOU think he deserves.

Are you serious? He's a good shooter, but he's not even close to the same defender as Dax....or Watkins in the post......again, he's good but he is lacking a LOT on the defensive side of the ball. And that's why Huggs isn't giving him the minutes YOU think he deserves.

Don't agree with you

No. Not even close. Lamont certainly has a ton of potential but he also has a long way to go to realize it. Saying he's our best defended not named Jevon made me LOL and would make Huggs fall off his chair. He's also nowhere remotely close to being able to handle the 2 spot. It's not even a consideration at this point nor should it be.

I'd like to see him get some more run too and he will if he stays focused and keeps learning. If he holds up and continues to blossom he'll be a difference maker.

I do believe that West can shoot the roundball but Huggins has gotta agree with me before the young man can make things happen. West scored against Radford and can score against other teams.

would like to see him at the 2 with carter, nate, esa, and tdb in a BIG lineup this year. i think he could handle it.
Lamont isn't remotely equipped to play the 2. He'd get burned on D with quicker g's. He doesn't have the handle to get by decent SG defenders.

He's very well equipped to slide right into the SF position. He's quick and strong enough to efficiently guard 3's and 4's. He has enough ball skills to handle the O at the 3.

He's perfectly equipped to take over Esa's slot or even be on the floor when we go small with Esa and Nate with 2 G's

Lamont West will be a star at WVU but he is neither our best player nor our best 3pt shooter.

His 3% is 6th best among our rotational players

I understand that Paper is just saying incorrect things in this thread for attention but West will never play SG and his defense is the #1 reason he only averages 12 minutes a game

Lamont West will be a star at WVU but he is neither our best player nor our best 3pt shooter.

His 3% is 6th best among our rotational players

I understand that Paper is just saying incorrect things in this thread for attention but West will never play SG and his defense is the #1 reason he only averages 12 minutes a game

Just remember I told you West willl be a star at WVU

Just remember I told you West willl be a star at WVU

Just remember, I told you he better learn to play defense and rebound or he will be a star at another school. And if you don't believe me, look at tonight's game. He couldn't dominate offensively, defensively, or rebounding against Northern Kentucky. He's got talent, but he's got a LOOOOONNNNGGGG way to go.

Just remember, I told you he better learn to play defense and rebound or he will be a star at another school. And if you don't believe me, look at tonight's game. He couldn't dominate offensively, defensively, or rebounding against Northern Kentucky. He's got talent, but he's got a LOOOOONNNNGGGG way to go.

Save the negative stuff for football. At least it makes sense in that context

Save the negative stuff for football. At least it makes sense in that context

Chill out ****head. Nothing negative. Just stating that West is a redshirt-freshman. You are the one making statements like "he's the best player" and "should be getting more playing time". That's being negative to West....and Huggs. He's got a long way to go. Will he get where his potential is? Time will tell.

Lamont knocked down a couple of free throws today against NKY. I do see a future at WVU for the young man and I hope the Paperboy is right.

Just one more negative little biotch looking to make his rep on this board. Ha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT