ADVERTISEMENT

I’m hearing Will Grier skipping bowl game

Good for him if he does. I don't blame him one bit. Dude has literally millions of dollars on the table (maybe even guaranteed) and a family. He's crazy to put that at risk if he doesn't have to.

If we win this bowl game.....nobody cares. If we lose.....also nobody cares. Get yourself ready for the NFL, Will.

When season began nobody knew how teams were going to finish. Even Vegas picked WVU under / over at 7 wins for 2018.

I understand that. What I'm saying is your 8-4 prediction makes sense based upon the information at the start of the season. My point is if you'd stick by that prediction now after knowing how good/bad the opposition you have low expectations. Looking back, I'd say getting easily handled by ISU and losing to OSU were underperforming based upon what this team is capable of. Should've won at least 1 of those games.

I'm hearing that Will Geer won't play in the bowl. He was never a true Mountaineer. Such a diva.
All true; however, Will Grier is a great Mountaineer and will probably play.

What are you up to? About 30 usernames now?

I'm hearing that Will Geer won't play in the bowl. He was never a true Mountaineer. Such a diva.
Scene_11_Will_Geer_Credit.jpg

Reactions: DoogEER
Yet, he got relegated to back-up at Miami. He wouldn't be at WVU if he were really the 6th best QB in the country that year.

So...if this is true then why wait until the spring game.

Most QBs transfer after the bowl season so all the QBs will have already found a place to play.
You might have 2 or 3 who transfer late..

Why not throw Allison out there before it is too late.

Grier not playing in the bowl game actually helps WV more than it hurts them

Washington St went 10-2 with a grad transfer who couldn't even win the starting job at East Carolina....

Some schools are horrible with QBs while others are not.

DH so far has had a good eye on who he plays.

It is meaningless with regards to Grier's pro career. And let's end the myth that WVU's bowl game or regular season record impacts recruiting to any worthwhile extent. There are basically no lasting effects from the Rodriguez 11 win era, the Orange Bowl beating of Clemson, or Tavon being drafted in the top 10. We are a 3 star recruit school with the occasional 4 or 5 star guy. Nothing more.

And DickRods recruits that gave us the 2007 season committed to WVU after we got blown out in the Tire Bowl (2002) and Gator Bowl (2004). Absolutely meaningless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT