ADVERTISEMENT

Huge game for the Herd with the Bearcats in the Queen

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
city Saturday! Makes the difference between 10-2 and 7-5, IMHO! In all honesty both teams are flawed but I look for a dogfight of a game.

city Saturday! Makes the difference between 10-2 and 7-5, IMHO! In all honesty both teams are flawed but I look for a dogfight of a game.

Yeah, that's such a HUGE game that the only way you can watch it is by streaming it.......... . I'm not that interested since there are some pretty good games on real TV.

Tonycried, it's a big game for the Herd for sure. I'm still not sure if this team has turned it around or not, and I believe most of that is mental. Will it be the team that played decent against NC State, or will they be the team that couldn't move the ball against a weak Kent team at home? Line is like 4-5 points. I wouldn't touch this one, but if I were forced to make a wager, I would likely put my dough on UC to cover. As you said, both teams are flawed. Cinci hasn't looked good in most games, but they weren't too bad when I saw them play against Michigan. Of course, UM was struggling offensively that day, and turned the ball over a couple of times, but UC did move the ball just a little bit. Not much, but UM is pretty stout on D.

Will it be the team that played decent against NC State, ?

I'm not surprised that you think losing to NC State by three scores is a decent showing. That says a lot about just how irrelevant Marshall football has become. Are you among those Herdiots claiming that to be a "quality loss" ?

Yeah, that's such a HUGE game that the only way you can watch it is by streaming it.......... . I'm not that interested since there are some pretty good games on real TV.
Wouldn't know be sitting in Nippert after enjoying the MU tailgate party!

Tonycried, it's a big game for the Herd for sure. I'm still not sure if this team has turned it around or not, and I believe most of that is mental. Will it be the team that played decent against NC State, or will they be the team that couldn't move the ball against a weak Kent team at home? Line is like 4-5 points. I wouldn't touch this one, but if I were forced to make a wager, I would likely put my dough on UC to cover. As you said, both teams are flawed. Cinci hasn't looked good in most games, but they weren't too bad when I saw them play against Michigan. Of course, UM was struggling offensively that day, and turned the ball over a couple of times, but UC did move the ball just a little bit. Not much, but UM is pretty stout on D.
They hung in @ Michigan much better than I thought they would. Don't think the Bearcats are any world beater but neither are we...the bye week really has to help us though, I like our chances! As you point the road is tough but MU will bring a good following!

I'm not surprised that you think losing to NC State by three scores is a decent showing. That says a lot about just how irrelevant Marshall football has become. Are you among those Herdiots claiming that to be a "quality loss" ?
I said they played decent, and never called it nothing else. They had decent offensive production against a P5 program that will win some games this year. Plus, special team play was pretty good on the return side of the things. Like I said, they played decent against NC State, and not so well against the others. Why do you try to interject non-intelligence into my takes? Like I said last week, I was thinking about hiring you for a job, but if you keep acting out of line, I may withdraw my invite. Trump style.

Moo U vs Cincy.....another game to be ignored by all. About as appealing as Idaho St vs Montana Tech. Have fun trying to find it on TV....or the internet.
Wait a minute....when UC was in the old Big East and you boys were clinging to a BCS bid, you told us how big time UC was and that any victory over them was note worthy but when we play them now they're just " pussies"! Hahahahahahahah

Wait a minute....when UC was in the old Big East and you boys were clinging to a BCS bid, you told us how big time UC was and that any victory over them was note worthy but when we play them now they're just " pussies"! Hahahahahahahah
UC is simply another ex-rival of the cousins, that now chooses to play the Herd instead. Pretty long list developing, with Va Tech, Pitt, UC, Louisville all playing in the Joan. Too bad Ollie took that powder.

UC is simply another ex-rival of the cousins, that now chooses to play the Herd instead. Pretty long list developing, with Va Tech, Pitt, UC, Louisville all playing in the Joan. Too bad Ollie took that powder.
True, but you have to give Ollie( as old QB himself) credit for knowing that without Pat and Geno, WVU at best 50-50 to beat the Herd! Why take that chance, much better to create 200 disingenuous excuses as to why the matchup between the only D-1 programs in the state can't occur!

True, but you have to give Ollie( as old QB himself) credit for knowing that without Pat and Geno, WVU at best 50-50 to beat the Herd! Why take that chance, much better to create 200 disingenuous excuses as to why the matchup between the only D-1 programs in the state can't occur!

Earlier in this thread you mentioned how much wittier the board used to be.Then later in the same thread you resort to the same old lines you always use. "If they didn't have Geno, If they didn't have Pat White". Just more ifs and buts as usual. 0-12 says we've always had more talent than the Herd. And then you start the same old whining about us not scheduling Marshall.

Same old, same old. Why not inject a little wit of your own for a change instead of beating the same dead horse all the time ?

Earlier in this thread you mentioned how much wittier the board used to be.Then later in the same thread you resort to the same old lines you always use. "If they didn't have Geno, If they didn't have Pat White". Just more ifs and buts as usual. 0-12 says we've always had more talent than the Herd. And then you start the same old whining about us not scheduling Marshall.

Same old, same old. Why not inject a little wit of your own for a change instead of beating the same dead horse all the time ?
Why not just play MU?

Why not just play MU?

So you think we should give up future games against Tennessee and Florida State, and old rivalries like Pitt, Penn State, and Virginia Tech just to make Herdiots happy? Sorry, that's not going to happen no matter how much you keep whining.

So you think we should give up future games against Tennessee and Florida State, and old rivalries like Pitt, Penn State, and Virginia Tech just to make Herdiots happy? Sorry, that's not going to happen no matter how much you keep whining.
No, but you might have to give up the YSU's and Delaware State's!

WVU was diagnosed with a cancer on their schedule. Dr. Ollie decided to cut it out and t it survive on it's own !

No, but you might have to give up the YSU's and Delaware State's!

Unlike Marshall, those team recognize that they are lessers. They come here to take an ass whipping and go home with a nice paycheck to help them cover their budget shortcomings. When the day comes that Marshall realizes that they aren't above the level of YSU and D State in our eyes, maybe we'd extend the same courtesy to them, but if only they'd accept our terms. We will never agree to theirs....(and you know it).

Unlike Marshall, those team recognize that they are lessers. They come here to take an ass whipping and go home with a nice paycheck to help them cover their budget shortcomings. When the day comes that Marshall realizes that they aren't above the level of YSU and D State in our eyes, maybe we'd extend the same courtesy to them, but if only they'd accept our terms. We will never agree to theirs....(and you know it).
Hahahahahhahaha...do we still get 6 points for a TD!

Reactions: Humptod
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT