ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Everest climb for WVU to make March Madness !!!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
REMAINING GAMES FOR WVU:

WVU 2-3 this season against 5 remaining opponents. But may have trouble, if it plays the way it did against Texas and Baylor in the last 2 games, doing better than 1-4, which would mean 16-15 heading into the rough, bodybanging Big 12 tournament. That won’t get WVU into the March Madness field.

3-2 finish would mean 18-13 and March Madness field. That’s a tough task for any team in America against the competition WVU will face.

Texas Tech, which WVU beat earlier, upset #6 Texas and #12 Kansas State in its last 2 games while WVU suffered its 2 worst showings of the season in its last 2 games.

Saturday, noon, Texas Tech, which upset #6 Texas and #12 Kansas State. WVU beat TT, 76-61.

Monday, 7 pm, Oklahoma State, which upset #11 Iowa State. WVU lost to Oklahoma State, 67-60.

#5 Kansas, 4 pm Saturday, Feb. 25, on road. WVU lost to Kansas, 76-62.

#19 Iowa State on road Monday, Feb. 27. WVU beat Iowa State, 76-71, and so did Oklahoma State, so the Cyclones have a 2-game losing streak and face Top 25 teams in its next 3 games.

#12 Kansas State, comes to Morgantown at 2 pm March 4. WVU lost to Kansas State, 82-76.

#5 Kansas 9-4
#6 Texas 9-4
#9 Baylor 9-4
#19 Iowa State 7-5
#12 Kansas State 7-6
Oklahoma State 7-6
#22 TCU 6-6
West Virginia 4-9
Oklahoma 3-10
Texas Tech 3-10

It's my beloved alma mater. Good enoough reason to hope WVU makes March Madness and surprises people in the early rounds. Except for last 2 games the 9 college transfers finally got to know each other and played some good games, keeping losses in single digits. W is better than an L but loss in single digits with the 7th toughest schedule in the country says a LOT about these guys. I'm NOT giving up on them!

It's my beloved alma mater. Good enoough reason to hope WVU makes March Madness and surprises people in the early rounds. Except for last 2 games the 9 college transfers finally got to know each other and played some good games, keeping losses in single digits. W is better than an L but loss in single digits with the 7th toughest schedule in the country says a LOT about these guys. I'm NOT giving up on them!
You already have twice.

Reactions: Euell
Don't deserve in. A wallflower team...not a Dance team
You never know what will happen in the so called dance. Lot of final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16 teams the last few years you could claim teams didn't deserve in or were considered wall flowers not dance teams.

2022 NCAA Tournament

15th seed St.Peters (18-11) beat 2 seed Kentucky, Murray State and Purdue then lost to 8th seed North Carolina in elite 8. St.Peters was overall the 60th seed.

10th seed Miami Florida lost to Kansas in Elite 8
11 seed Iowa State went to Sweet 16
8th Seed North Carolina played 2 seed Kansas for the title.

3 of the teams in final 4 were not 1 seeds.
7 of Elite 8 were not 1 seed
13 of sweet 16 seeds were not a 1 seed

Yea doofus. Keeping losses in single digits is the sure sign of a great team and top shelf mediocrity.

The next 3 home games are very winnable. Lose one and they only have themselves to blame.
Come into these 3-3 at home. Mediocre at home but better than 1 for two seasons in conference on the road. No words to describe that amount of suck.

I'll still hope for 3-2 or 4-1 in final 5 regular season games, optimist that I am. And living 7.5 years longer than the pessimists! Bonus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT