ADVERTISEMENT

How would you have handled Putin and the meeting?

The outcome I want is probably not realistic, which is the complete removal of Putin from the Russian stage.

We're not going to get anywhere with him on the election meddling, all we can do is squeeze them where it hurts them financially.
And we have to talk meanly to him in a yuuuuge way

The outcome I want is probably not realistic, which is the complete removal of Putin from the Russian stage.

We're not going to get anywhere with him on the election meddling, all we can do is squeeze them where it hurts them financially.
Right...no one is predicting Putin stepping away. My question is, what outcomes would make yesterday a success?

Right...no one is predicting Putin stepping away. My question is, what outcomes would make yesterday a success?

It remains to be seen. But at the very least it would be nice to think Putin is somewhat rattled and confused as to how to approach Trump and the United States, where he lowers his guard a bit.

It remains to be seen. But at the very least it would be nice to think Putin is somewhat rattled and confused as to how to approach Trump and the United States, where he lowers his guard a bit.

He certainly looked rattled and confused yesterday when he all but sexually dominated dotard on the world stage.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
This sounds like just waiting for something later and retro claiming Trump "won" the meeting. I'd say Putin leaving Ukraine, paying out for the civilian plane he shot down and ceasing cyber attacks on the West would be a good starting point. I won't hold my breath.

On one side there is one of our biggest allues being attacked by Iranians hiding out as Syrian rebels.

You want to know what was a waste of time? Responding to you.

One of our biggest allies? Do you mean Israel?

Haven’t you heard, Netanyahu and Putin are BFF now.

Oh, I guess by “our” you’re speaking as a Russian.

Now I know.

I would have advised him to say:

“Now is not the time to discuss Mr. Mueller’s indictments. This summit is about moving forward, and President Putin has assured me that Russia will not interfere with future US elections.”

Something like that?

I would have advised him to say:

“Now is not the time to discuss Mr. Mueller’s indictments. This summit is about moving forward, and President Putin has assured me that Russia will not interfere with future US elections.”

Something like that?

Had he stayed on script. Yeah.

Had he stayed on script. Yeah.
All the conspiracy stuff aside.....that’s my biggest problem with Trump as a President. The whole “shoot from the hip” bigmouth attitude just isn’t the way the office should behave, imo. Not just in situations like this, but in all situations. He can effect the market substantially, weaken allies, cause social unrest, embolden fringe extremist groups, endanger American lives, etc.....in just one mistimed sentence.

Obama did it, in many people’s opinions, in his response to Ferguson. And Obama was at least careful about his wording almost all the time. Trump’s ego fuels his mouth, and no one calls him on it either. In fact, many supporters encourage it by acting like the loud talk is honesty......when it’s really just immaturity and a lack of recognization of the power of the greatest office in the world.

All the conspiracy stuff aside.....that’s my biggest problem with Trump as a President. The whole “shoot from the hip” bigmouth attitude just isn’t the way the office should behave, imo. Not just in situations like this, but in all situations. He can effect the market substantially, weaken allies, cause social unrest, embolden fringe extremist groups, endanger American lives, etc.....in just one mistimed sentence.

Obama did it, in many people’s opinions, in his response to Ferguson. And Obama was at least careful about his wording almost all the time. Trump’s ego fuels his mouth, and no one calls him on it either. In fact, many supporters encourage it by acting like the loud talk is honesty......when it’s really just immaturity and a lack of recognization of the power of the greatest office in the world.

He gets called on his mouth all the time. What I think people fail to realize is, it ain't gonna change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT