ADVERTISEMENT

How would you have handled Putin and the meeting?

Mntneer

Heisman Winner
Oct 8, 2001
Just curious as to how some of you would have responded to Russia, what you may have said in the presser.

I personally don't think you go into the meeting waiving the indictments in one hand, thumping your chest with the other. It accomplishes nothing. Putin knows what's in the indictments and nothing in the world is going to change his stance on the matter, certainly not any indignation from the President. I also don't think, however, that you say much on the subject at all, as again, it accomplishes nothing.

An example of how sentence structure can matter though. Trump's original quote; "So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

Just reverse that "but"; "So I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today, but I have great confidence in my intelligence people."

It's one of two things possibly. Either Putin has dirt on Trump and Trump is truly afraid of it being made public, which I don't believe considering he's not given two shits about the Access Hollywood tape or Stormy Daniels (who was in Martinsburg this past weekend). Or Trump thinks that by playing a cuck to Putin, that Putin will let his guard down in regards to the actions Trump will actually take.

Either way, the Russians know how fragile the psyche of the two political parties is, and used that to create and sow the discontent that has grown since the Spring of 2016. It's Homeland in the flesh.

Just curious as to how some of you would have responded to Russia, what you may have said in the presser.

I personally don't think you go into the meeting waiving the indictments in one hand, thumping your chest with the other. It accomplishes nothing. Putin knows what's in the indictments and nothing in the world is going to change his stance on the matter, certainly not any indignation from the President. I also don't think, however, that you say much on the subject at all, as again, it accomplishes nothing.

An example of how sentence structure can matter though. Trump's original quote; "So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

Just reverse that "but"; "So I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today, but I have great confidence in my intelligence people."

It's one of two things possibly. Either Putin has dirt on Trump and Trump is truly afraid of it being made public, which I don't believe considering he's not given two shits about the Access Hollywood tape or Stormy Daniels (who was in Martinsburg this past weekend). Or Trump thinks that by playing a cuck to Putin, that Putin will let his guard down in regards to the actions Trump will actually take.

Either way, the Russians know how fragile the psyche of the two political parties is, and used that to create and sow the discontent that has grown since the Spring of 2016. It's Homeland in the flesh.
The presser is bullshit. I want to know what was discussed behind closed doors.

Reactions: Shirley Knott
I would have not been such a pussy cuck. Split hairs all you want, yesterday was pathetic.

Reactions: moe
If you failed to get an erection over Obama, you must be using a blue pill nowadays... everyday.
That's just weird and I don't get it. I'd prefer to keep my erections (enhanced or natural) off the board.

Can you cry some more? You need more drama. Call it treason. This pussy bullshit is weak. Be a man and call it what you are supposed to call it.
Except words have meaning and that was not treason. It was limp wristed, weak cuckoldry.

Reactions: Boomboom521
The presser is bullshit. I want to know what was discussed behind closed doors.
To be taken with a YUGE grain of salt, but here's what Putin said to Russian TV:

According to Rojansky, Putin went from the meeting with Trump to a Russian state television interview in which he reviewed the things that the two men talked about.

In the interview, Rojansky said Putin talked “about a number of actually pretty significant things.”

“They talked about a deal in southern Syria, which would possibly be about pushing Iranian forces out,” he explained. “That this had been pre-agreed with the Israelis. That this would increase security. But in exchange [Bashar al] Assad clearly was going to re-take the country. Putin noted he already had 90 percent of the country.”

They also evidently discussed Ukraine.

“And Putin described something as ‘a very interesting offer,'” Rojansky said. “We don’t actually know of what the offer consisted, but it’s very interesting to me that they discussed Ukraine and Putin said that there is ‘an interesting offer’ there.”

He then said that the “kicker” was that they spoke about sanctions without talking about sanctions.

“So, when asked whether Putin asked for sanctions relief, Putin, of course, as a matter of Russian pride and also, I think, a negotiating tactic, knowing Trump could hand over sanctions relief, he simply says, ‘No but we talked about the interests of our two business communities in increasing economic ties and how we might do that in the current environment.’ So, that’s code for, ‘Yeah, they talked about how to get around sanctions.’

That's just weird and I don't get it. I'd prefer to keep my erections (enhanced or natural) off the board.

One extreme is we should Obama-style kiss Putin's butt, a 1. The other extreme is we should nuke them, a 10. Trump publicly treated him at about a 3-4. We have no idea what happened behind closed doors. I guess ya'll want about an 8, embargo and threat to invade. Potentially make up some evidence with intel, and invade. This sounds familiar though.

One extreme is we should Obama-style kiss Putin's butt, a 1. The other extreme is we should nuke them, a 10. Trump publicly treated him at about a 3-4. We have no idea what happened behind closed doors. I guess ya'll want about an 8, embargo and threat to invade. Potentially make up some evidence with intel, and invade. This sounds familiar though.
What if the entire media missed the biggest news yesterday?

I'd settle for absolutely having our IC's back while standing beside the thug. It's fairly simple. No one's calling for an invasion. Good grief. Do you need a dog too?

What if the entire media missed the biggest news yesterday?

The $400 mil. I don't know what to make of it. On the surface, it doesn't make sense. Fusion GPS was in the middle, on the wrong side.

This would seem to be a pretty easy way to handle yesterday and I doubt it would have ended in nukes.

This would seem to be a pretty easy way to handle yesterday and I doubt it would have ended in nukes.

About a 5-6 is what you wanted then. Riddle me this, were you defending Obama not calling radical Islam radical Islam?

About a 5-6 is what you wanted then. Riddle me this, were you defending Obama not calling radical Islam radical Islam?
lol. No idea. It's great how everything is always flipped to someone else. Is Trump using that term these days?

I like that defending our intel community is a "5-6". WTF?

lol. No idea. It's great how everything is always flipped to someone else. Is Trump using that term these days?

I like that defending our intel community is a "5-6". WTF?

In context, you want him to defend our intel community that didn't even look at the DNC server?

In context, you want him to defend our intel community that didn't even look at the DNC server?
Yes. I see it's back to DEEPSTATE shit, but yes. Over Putin? Yes. How and or why is this so difficult?

Yes. I see it's back to DEEPSTATE shit, but yes. Over Putin? Yes. How and or why is this so difficult?

It's not. I get your point, and probably agree a lot more than you think. But with libtards throwing around the treason word, I'm not backing down.

It's not. I get your point, and probably agree a lot more than you think. But with libtards throwing around the treason word, I'm not backing down.
Quite a dumb mountain to die on. And yet again pwning the libz is all that matters.

I wouldn’t have met with him in the first place. We have minimal trade with Russia. Their economy is smaller than those of California, New York, and Texas.

Same for North Korea. The Singapore summit was a complete waste of time and money for the US.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
I wouldn’t have met with him in the first place. We have minimal trade with Russia. Their economy is smaller than those of California, New York, and Texas.

Same for North Korea. The Singapore summit was a complete waste of time and money for the US.
There is a nuke deal running out soon. The is a situation involving both of us in Syria. Waste of time?

Get elected president, then you can do those things.

There is a nuke deal running out soon. The is a situation involving both of us in Syria. Waste of time?

Yes, waste of time. What exactly are our interests in Syria. On one side, you have Muslims that hate us. On the other side you have different Muslims that hate us. They’re killing each other.

The best thing to do? Sit back and watch.

I guess you’re talking about the nuke deal they constantly cheat on? That one?

We’d be much better off spending money to develop an effective abm system.

By the way, what did we get out of this summit?

Last edited:
Yes, waste of time. What exactly are our interests in Syria. On one side, you have Muslims that hate us. On the other side you have different Muslims that hate us. They’re killing each other.

The best thing to do? Sit back and watch.

I guess your talking about the nuke deal they constantly cheat on? That one?

We’d be much better off spending money to develop an effective abm system.

By the way, what did we get out of this summit?
On one side there is one of our biggest allues being attacked by Iranians hiding out as Syrian rebels.

You want to know what was a waste of time? Responding to you.

Those are incredibly silly metrics to go by. The talking point of their economy being smaller than those of California, NY and Texas is 1) incorrect (Russia is about on par with NY and Texas) and 2) fails to take into account that California, NY and Texas also have economies larger than a vast number of countries that we would meet with in similar situations. Australia, Spain, Mexico, a vast number of European nations, most all Middle East nations.

Then you are ignoring the fact that Russia is one of the largest oil producers in the world. Maintains one of the largest arsenals of nuclear weapons, as well as one of the largest military's in the world. So you don't brush them off as some insignificant gnat. They are a threat that you need to keep close, keep an eye on and maintain a relationship with.

Then you are ignoring the fact that Russia is one of the largest oil producers in the world. Maintains one of the largest arsenals of nuclear weapons, as well as one of the largest military's in the world. So you don't brush them off as some insignificant gnat. They are a threat that you need to keep close, keep an eye on and maintain a relationship with.
But not let them walk all over you. Like Trump did yesterday.

But not let them walk all over you. Like Trump did yesterday.

Like I said, I'll wait to see what actions occur and not focus in on the words.

Trump should have kept his mouth shut after the meeting, but let's see what actually happens behind the scenes.

Like I said, I'll wait to see what actions occur and not focus in on the words.

Trump should have kept his mouth shut after the meeting, but let's see what actually happens behind the scenes.
I really, really wish we'd stop pretending that words from the President of the United States mean nothing. Actions matter, but so do words.

What would you say is a good outcome of what they discussed behind the scenes?

I really, really wish we'd stop pretending that words from the President of the United States mean nothing. Actions matter, but so do words.

What would you say is a good outcome of what they discussed behind the scenes?

The outcome I want is probably not realistic, which is the complete removal of Putin from the Russian stage.

We're not going to get anywhere with him on the election meddling, all we can do is squeeze them where it hurts them financially.

ADVERTISEMENT