ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully, WVU can keep going this well

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Good start. Youngstown game shouldn’t hurt any of these national statistics rankings.

Will Grier is #4 in national passing yardage stats with 429.

Arkansas’ K.J. Carta-Samuels is the ONLY Power 5 QB ahead of Grier in total passing yardage.

David Sills in #21 in receiving yards with 140 on 7 catches because Grier threw to 11 different receivers, including Gary Jennings, who is #39 with 6 catches for 113 yards.

So Sills and Jennings had 13 catches for 253 yards, or nearly 19.5 yards per catch. Pretty impressive.

WVU is #8 in team offensive efficiency. Only Oklahoma, #1 nationally, does better among Big 12 teams.

WVU is #9 in overall efficiency (offense, defense, special teams combined) among Power 5 schools.

My alma mater, of course, has to do it on the field where it counts against Youngstown and North Carolina State and its Big 12 opponents.

But WVU is off to a solid start.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O bliterate Youngstown
U nnerve North Carolina State
N uke Kansas State
T errorize Texas Tech
A nnihilate Kansas
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S ink Oklahoma

Do you ever feel the need to be noticed.

I would read more of what you write actually if it wasn't it big red letters.

Do you ever feel the need to be noticed.

I would read more of what you write actually if it wasn't it big red letters.

What does color have to do with anything, words or people? If Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence or Constitution and 10 Amendments in red, white and blue, you would ignore them? They would be just as astounding in red as they are in blue or black. The words, man! Don't get hung up on color. That's beneath you, and anyone else.

O bliterate Youngstown

N uke Kansas State

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S ink Oklahoma

Reactions: Panhandleer
What does color have to do with anything, words or people? If Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence or Constitution and 10 Amendments in red, white and blue, you would ignore them? They would be just as astounding in red as they are in blue or black. The words, man! Don't get hung up on color. That's beneath you, and anyone else.

O bliterate Youngstown

N uke Kansas State

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S ink Oklahoma

I would wonder about Thomas Jefferson's sanity then.

Point is you don't need to write in oversize colored letters to get attention.
Get attention through your actual writing.

Leave the man alone. He is one of the finest contributors to this board. He was the finest writer in Ohio for papers with less than 500 subscriptions.
I fully support him because I am in the same line of work as him.

August 19, 2018 vs. May 29, 2001.

.....plus... ...one of the two is a very well known troll.

.....also known to reply to his own posts under a new alias.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
August 19, 2018 vs. May 29, 2001.

.....plus... ...one of the two is a very well known troll.

.....also known to reply to his own posts under a new alias.

20 years of trolling. I am impressed.
GregJacobs has nothing on this troll.
The OG of Trolls.

I would wonder about Thomas Jefferson's sanity then.

Point is you don't need to write in oversize colored letters to get attention.
Get attention through your actual writing.
Apparently I got attention through my actual writing. Let's talk WVU sports. 2 posters quibbling with each other is so unseemly.

O bliterate Youngstown

N uke Kansas State

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S ink Oklahoma

There’s more at play here than aesthetics and personal preference. A recent study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology suggests that red is prime us to be more critical.

The research done on error perception and the color red, before describing how they went about exploring red object priming. A small but growing body of research has shown that physical objects and environments can also influence cognition and behavior. For instance, the presence of guns can intensify aggression and merely seeing a sports drink leads participants to perform with greater endurance in essence, any object that is closely associated with a concept could potentially influence behavior by making that concept more accessible.

There are other possibilities. For example, red could influence levels of testosterone and aggression, or exposure to the color could activate an avoidance orientation, leading evaluators to be more cautious and critical.

I learned gradually that under-confident writers often have unnecessary fault-finding from an unforgiving red can be a tough blow to their confidence.

Red is a powerful tool. Use it gently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT