ADVERTISEMENT

POLL Honestly, as a Christian, do you dislike non-Christians?

Do you dislike non-believers?

• Yes. All non-Christians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Only atheists and the lazy agnostic though

• No, but I pity them so much I don’t respect them at all

• No, they are potential recruits

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No, but I dislike members of other religions

• No, but I don’t like them around my children

• No

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
Though I doubt I have your Marine forged, alpha level confidence of stride in life, I’ve never allowed others opinions to sway my path at all - and I am very happy in my life.

1. I’m a teacher. And I believe a good teacher cares about their students genuinely. I feel in order to do that I need to understand other people and their views a little better.
  2. There has arisen a new social element recently as my kids are beginning to find close friends (esp with girls), I feel a desire to connect a little more with neighbors with kids, and my children’s friends parents. I’d hate to limit their ability to connect with others socially.
What do you teach? Social studies or science? If you teach science, then there's no reason to understand what other people think. Science is fact, not feelings.[roll]

Absolutely agree here.

I hate to generalize because a lot of great fine folks I have known through the years in churches but there are always at least a few.
I'm not a Baptist but there is a famous Baptist minister in my neck of the woods that is very wise and good at his ministry. He runs one of the biggest and affluent Baptist parishes in the south, right down the road from me. Anyway, he does podcasts and such that are excellent. Basically mini-sermons. He had one that has stuck with me over the years. Basically, a woman looking for a new parish came to him about possibly joining the church and told him that she wanted to join a church with no hypocrites. He told her that his church is not the place for her. The only perfect being was JC himself and church is for all those that sin and have flaws like hypocrisy. And only in Christ's church will those find forgiveness and a possible path to be better but it is up to that person to understand and strive for it.

Again, I'm far from an expert on my religious beliefs but that has always stuck with me with the simple honesty.

Reactions: atlkvb and Airport
I'm not a Baptist but there is a famous Baptist minister in my neck of the woods that is very wise and good at his ministry. He runs one of the biggest and affluent Baptist parishes in the south, right down the road from me. Anyway, he does podcasts and such that are excellent. Basically mini-sermons. He had one that has stuck with me over the years. Basically, a woman looking for a new parish came to him about possibly joining the church and told him that she wanted to join a church with no hypocrites. He told her that his church is not the place for her. The only perfect being was JC himself and church is for all those that sin and have flaws like hypocrisy. And only in Christ's church will those find forgiveness and a possible path to be better but it is up to that person to understand and strive for it.

Again, I'm far from an expert on my religious beliefs but that has always stuck with me with the simple honesty.
Thanks. That is a great story and a good point.

I need help every damn day!

Reactions: Gunny46
Do you think I don’t realize the poll is not exactly a legitimate repsentative sample?
giphy.gif

The ones that go to church sometimes and say they’re Christian without really even understanding their religion

So you as a non-Christian understand a Christian's Faith better than they do?

I am. At least one poster answered they hate other religions. I was really wondering if any would choose the “not around my children” option. As I struggle with evaluating other parents and their home’s safety for my children, I wonder what impact religion plays for those religious in that assessment in their lives.
Eleanor-Roosevelt-quotes-on-being-yourself-You-wouldnt-worry-so-much-about-what-others-think-of-you.jpg

Reactions: mule_eer

There was also one hypocrite among the 12Apostles.....Judas...

Not as many as the world contains.....

This is from a guy who was silent the other day while another one of his nasty Leftist friends criticized one of his fellow Leftists who said he was Christian right after Bru had the nerve to call all Christians hypocrites.[eyeroll]

Sounds like Pastor Bryan Wright of Johnson Ferry Baptist, or it may be Andy Stanley of North Point...either one...they're spot on! I think what most folks miss about Christianity (lots of Christians do too) is that it's more about your own individual personal relationship with Christ than any congregation or Religion you belong to.

Those things help in your Fellowship, and equipping you to maximize your call to continue the "great commission" however that Pastor was so correct in that unless you grow in your knowledge of Christ, and learn to live as he did following his example by staying in the Word---Your Faith is weak and your "Christianity" is false.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT