ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Holgorsen has established a culture with WVU football program

He was 3rd string at Miami

Actually he had fallen clear off the depth chart. Folks were saying he was number 5 lol. Which is why it is comical that WVU fans see him as a solid number two...without throwing a pass no less. He transferred because he wasn't going to see the field in Miami for goodness sake.

Unfortunately the only culture that I see is one of kids leaving the program at a rapid pace. Another one gone. The staff has done well to replace, all things considered, but there appears to be a very large systemic or cultural issue right now in the program. How many more before kickoff?

Actually he had fallen clear off the depth chart. Folks were saying he was number 5 lol. Which is why it is comical that WVU fans see him as a solid number two...without throwing a pass no less. He transferred because he wasn't going to see the field in Miami for goodness sake.
I know people down your way and most of the reviews I have heard are unfavorable. I read that he struggles with accuracy and isn't the fastest guy out there. I remember when we landed Greir. All we heard was how great he was even when he wasn't eligible to play. We all knew he was the guy who would succeed howard. Not hearing all that much about what's after Greir. I would say whatever that may be at this point in time is a hugh step backwards.

He was 3rd string as a freshman. Well that has to mean he sucks. I did not say he is the second coming of Greir but a rather he is an upgrade on Chuggs. Can you keep up?
We don't know if he was and upgrade from Chuggs. At the time Chuggs left he was clearly the number 2 guy. He was the number 2 coming into spring. Everyone knew that Greir was the number 1 guy after Howard. You would do a better job keeping up if you knew the answer to 2+2.

What I hear from you is complaints with no comment on a solution. Not that your solution matters to anyone that could do anything about it.
I have stated no excuses. It's just what you want to think they are. I do not accept your solution to the problem and you don't like it because it's not what you want hear.
Allen maybe you should proof read you comments before you post. You originally stated I had no solution and then you later admit that I provided one.

Allen maybe you should proof read you comments before you post. You originally stated I had no solution and then you later admit that I provided one.

Talk about needing to proof read.

Yes I originally stated that. Then you said yes you did give a solution. So I told you I don't accept your solution. I also don't know why you hate other fans. So what if some want him here some don't. You can't accept the fact someone disagrees with you.

Like I said so many times it would not bother me if he stayed or was fired. I personally don't think they will find the money to pay a fired coach and a new coach. Don't forget Gibson will also have a buyout clause as his 1 million dollar contract is a separate deal from Holgs.

We don't know if he was and upgrade from Chuggs. At the time Chuggs left he was clearly the number 2 guy. He was the number 2 coming into spring. Everyone knew that Greir was the number 1 guy after Howard. You would do a better job keeping up if you knew the answer to 2+2.
Wow, you really are a dipshit.

Talk about needing to proof read.

Yes I originally stated that. Then you said yes you did give a solution. So I told you I don't accept your solution. I also don't know why you hate other fans. So what if some want him here some don't. You can't accept the fact someone disagrees with you.

Like I said so many times it would not bother me if he stayed or was fired. I personally don't think they will find the money to pay a fired coach and a new coach. Don't forget Gibson will also have a buyout clause as his 1 million dollar contract is a separate deal from Holgs.
Allen I have been saying the same thing to you for years. Practice reading comprehension.

You hold that crown on here. You lack deep insight. You're as boring and predictable as they come.
BS. You have continually stated that Chuggs beat out a guy who was not eligible to play. That is not deep insight but ignorance. Then you tell an engineer that he does not know what 2+2 is. That is your predictable response when someone does not agree with your opinion, that is neither deep or insightful, but instead rooted in ignorance.

Reactions: Phil
BS. You have continually stated that Chuggs beat out a guy who was not eligible to play. That is not deep insight but ignorance. Then you tell an engineer that he does not know what 2+2 is. That is your predictable response when someone does not agree with your opinion, that is neither deep or insightful, but instead rooted in ignorance.
It was well known that Chuggs was clearly the number 2 guy coming into spring. It was well known that Greir was the guy to replace Howard even when he wasn't officially cleared to play. Only someone that is ignorant posing as and engineer could'nt figure that out.

Please show me a post where i stated that he beat out the other competition.

Last edited:
It was well known that Chuggs was clearly the number 2 guy coming into spring. It was well known that Greir was the guy to replace Howard even when he wasn't officially cleared to play. Only someone that is ignorant posing as and engineer could'nt figure that out.

Please show me a post where i stated that he beat out the other competition.
Perhaps you should spellcheck before you call someone ignorant. By the way, Chuggs left for a reason. He knew he could not hold onto the # 2 spot once spring practice started.

Allen I have been saying the same thing to you for years. Practice reading comprehension.

CM, I hope we fire Holgs to get what you want. Then we can hire a Frank Cignetti type coach and we fall on our ass to become the Kansas of the conference.

This one of most dumbest
Misleading
titles ever on this
venue ....

Skew the truth

CM, I hope we fire Holgs to get what you want. Then we can hire a Frank Cignetti type coach and we fall on our ass to become the Kansas of the conference.
Allen we already did. We got stomped in the Heart of Dallas bowl last season or did you forget?

Trying to change the subject already. You would not have to if you knew how to read in the 1st place.

Link?
Another deep and insightful post? Well I have to admit, it is difficult to read your posts since they are not rooted in the English language, but I will take a stab at it. Allison was a third stringer on Miami as a true freshman, transferred here and was beat out for the back up spot by Chuggs. Chuggs was clearly number 2 headed into the spring.

What I said was Allison was not eligible to play and technically could not be the backup. Chuggs left because he knew he would be beat out as Allisson learned the offense verses running the scout team. I also stated my opinion that Allison is an upgrade from Chuggs (not saying much) and that you are a dipshit. Nothing you have posted has changed either opinion.

Self serving article...

This article seems to stroke
The coaches to pump them for more information....
Out of the mouth of babes, so to speak

We need the recruits
to believe. sincerely believe this article title but this makes me wonder of the authors credibility and authors general goals...

Plse don't play us for fools, when most of these responses question poster credibility

Reactions: Rootmaster
Another deep and insightful post? Well I have to admit, it is difficult to read your posts since they are not rooted in the English language, but I will take a stab at it. Allison was a third stringer on Miami as a true freshman, transferred here and was beat out for the back up spot by Chuggs. Chuggs was clearly number 2 headed into the spring.

What I said was Allison was not eligible to play and technically could not be the backup. Chuggs left because he knew he would be beat out as Allisson learned the offense verses running the scout team. I also stated my opinion that Allison is an upgrade from Chuggs (not saying much) and that you are a dipshit. Nothing you have posted has changed either opinion.
Only a dipshit would post something claiming to be in the english Language and then botch it in his response. So is it Allisson or Allison? By the way he had fallen off the depth chart at Miami. You probably had no clue because the articles stating that were written in English.

Only a dipshit would post something claiming to be in the english Language and then botch it in his response. So is it Allisson or Allison? By the way he had fallen off the depth chart at Miami. You probably had no clue because the articles stating that were written in English.
Sorry I am and engineer. LOL

Another thread gone south.

The article spins losing 16 eligible players as a good thing. WOW. How is this good? Other players driving them off instead of the coaches coaching them up? Pretty good spin. Current players making it uncomfortable for others that don't meet the standards in the locker room instead of coaches giving schollies to players that do meet these standards.

In any event, 16 players driven out of the system is a bad situation. Coaches need to do a much better job of bringing in recruits that can be coached up to the needs of the team.

Transfers: Not trying to change the subject, but even the much beloved John Belien saw his fair share of transfers during his time here. Kids are unpredictable anymore...

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Transfers: Not trying to change the subject, but even the much beloved John Belien saw his fair share of transfers during his time here. Kids are unpredictable anymore...
I think the thing that gets me is, the low numbers was an excuse to fire Steward. Now here we are eight years later with the same issue. Don't get me wrong, I think we will be pretty damn good this year and I love this class we just brought in, but with the change in rules, it will be a couple of years before we can get up to full strength.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I think the thing that gets me is, the low numbers was an excuse to fire Steward. Now here we are eight years later with the same issue. Don't get me wrong, I think we will be pretty damn good this year and I love this class we just brought in, but with the change in rules, it will be a couple of years before we can get up to full strength.

Well said....we all hope for the best but reality says otherwise....

We'll play around .500 until the weather goes south, and when normally the opponents get tougher and the modern spread
can't function because of the toughness component ...

That is the culture that the fan base
is subjected to...

Well said....we all hope for the best but reality says otherwise....

We'll play around .500 until the weather goes south, and when normally the opponents get tougher and the modern spread
can't function because of the toughness component ...

That is the culture that the fan base
is subjected to...
I think this team will win 10 games this year but we will likely take a sizable step back next year. If you look at the basketball team, you see nothing but success for years to come. The two programs are just in different zip codes.

I think this team will win 10 games this year but we will likely take a sizable step back next year. If you look at the basketball team, you see nothing but success for years to come. The two programs are just in different zip codes.

I don't see 10 wins. No way.

Pitt won some big games while lossing to some real turds. No we are not down at the same level as Pitt dispite them having a couple of upsets.
Pitt went 8-5 and 8-5 Narduzzi ‘s first 2 years. With wins over Penn st, Clemson , Miami. Last year Pitt had perhaps the two worst QB’s in the country. And fell to 5-7.

Anyway, just responding to the person who said Pitt’s ceiling is 7 wins lol. They did win 8 games back to back years. Playing the nations toughest out of conference schedule. Those 2 years.

This year the schedule is brutal with Penn st , Notre Dame, Central Florida.

Pitt went 8-5 and 8-5 Narduzzi ‘s first 2 years. With wins over Penn st, Clemson , Miami. Last year Pitt had perhaps the two worst QB’s in the country. And fell to 5-7.

Anyway, just responding to the person who said Pitt’s ceiling is 7 wins lol. They did win 8 games back to back years. Playing the nations toughest out of conference schedule. Those 2 years.

This year the schedule is brutal with Penn st , Notre Dame, Central Florida.
Pitt has had more losing seasons than winning since they fired Wanny. WVU has had one losing season in 16 years. Just saying.

Give us your short list of names who are realistic options that you would consider an upgrade.
There is and up and comer every year. Some work out and some don't that's the way it is and that's the way its always been. DH was one of the hottest names the year he was hired along with muschamp and none of these guys have turned out to be the coach's they were billed out to be. Changing coach's doesn't guarantee success but it can't hurt to try when all you have now is a guy who produces middle of the pack results and take us to crappy bowl games.

BTW Every coach was an unproven commidity at some point in their career.
That is called the Pitt strategy of coaching and it has worked out so well for them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT