ADVERTISEMENT

Here's why basketball team is struggling.....what we are missing....

That's when you know you are spoiled. When sweet sixteens and 4 star players aren't good enough.

I don't disagree. If WVU wins it all or fails miserably, we'll all live on regardless but what do you expect? This is a free WVU sports message board so you're going to get a lot of that same reaction to what's shaping up to be about a 15 win team.

I don't disagree. If WVU wins it all or fails miserably, we'll all live on regardless but what do you expect? This is a free WVU sports message board so you're going to get a lot of that same reaction to what's shaping up to be about a 15 win team.
18-20 wins.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Anyone who thinks they know how many victories this Huggins team will win is delusional. There's a wide range of possibilities from terrible to oh, wow! depending on a lot of elements. Too many to list or predict how they will affect the victories total.

As usual, I'll wait till I watch for myself before becoming a Henny Penny or a Cockeyed Optimist.

That's the fun of it, seeing what happens on the court.

Anyone who thinks they know how many victories this Huggins team will win is delusional. There's a wide range of possibilities from terrible to oh, wow! depending on a lot of elements. Too many to list or predict how they will affect the victories total.

As usual, I'll wait till I watch for myself before becoming a Henny Penny or a Cockeyed Optimist.

You know that it's OK to "predict" things, right? I wonder if you are the type of person who picks his lottery numbers AFTER they have already held the lottery......[winking]

Reactions: Rootmaster

18-20.

No lame basketball season acronym? I'd ask for an honest, fact-based, numbers-crunched, sports opinion but as a former writer for the central county valley Ohio springs republic, you seem light on analytics even after working in the business for 70 years. This team does not shoot well enough to overcome its lack of forced turnovers and offensive rebounds. It must have been a lot easier to cover sports in Williamson, no?

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
what we are missing....

cowbelljr1.jpg

No lame basketball season acronym? I'd ask for an honest, fact-based, numbers-crunched, sports opinion but as a former writer for the central county valley Ohio springs republic, you seem light on analytics even after working in the business for 70 years. This team does not shoot well enough to overcome its lack of forced turnovers and offensive rebounds. It must have been a lot easier to cover sports in Williamson, no?[/QUOTE]

Ah, a fan. Since I was a 1-man staff there, working from 8 a.m. till 4 a.m. the next day with Friday night football, not all that easy.

Charleston Daily Mail, with Jerry West at East Bank, was more fun.

Joe Nuxhall of Cincinnati Reds, while at the Dayton Daily News, also was fun.

Flying to Florida Gators football to watch Heisman winner Steve Spurrier play QB was intriguing, too.

But then I got off sports and went to the Akron Beacon Journal for the 4 Pulitzers during my time there.

Terrible career, huh? So bad I felt guilty about them paying me so much that I've taken trips to 56 countries and 44 states, spent 30 years winterizing in Florida for up to 4 months and been on 14 cruises.

Poor me.

Flying to Florida Gators football to watch Heisman winner Steve Spurrier play QB was intriguing, too...

Probably took you three to four flights to get to Gainesville.
Funny thing about UF.
Both them and Auburn pretty much played every year before expansion because they were considered to be the outposts of the SEC

You mean like how he recruited JC? Yeah, same coach.
Yeah, same coach who makes 4 million a year to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

Amazing how losing the Big12 Championship game and winning only two games in the tournament every year is starting to look a little less than stellar.

Considering the money Huggins is making compared to coaches who actually have CHAMPIONSHIPS. If they only had 800 wins and a 2nd round PG though....

Reactions: Motormaster
Until Huggs changes assistants there will not be a long-term improvement. They have a set
way to evaluating recruits and without changes in staff there won't be a change in that
system of evaluation - we just have to deal with it. Don't get me wrong I don't like it one bit,
but it's just the way it is. This process has resulted in 1) not properly evaluating recruits about
what it takes to be a major college play (ie going to class and working hard in gym). 2) general attitude
on being coachable (understanding that they did successfully in high school probably won't work
in college 3) in connection with #2 be willing to change style of play to fit in 4) repeating WILLING TO WORK
HARD AND FOLLOW coaches' direction.
To me these four things are not emphasized or evaluated enough during the recruiting process - just look
back. This bunch seems to be lacking each of these in a big way.

Reactions: writeon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT