ADVERTISEMENT

Has the NFL screwed the pooch?

I would agree, liberal millennials are for the players, this week. Then when the next outrageous thing happens that they need to feign outrage about, they'll forget all about this one. They're a bit like Cunty and yourself, its just about opposing Trump.

And make no mistake, there are plenty of conservative millenials, so much so that I'm actually shocked by it. Maybe it's just that I work in a conservative industry and that's all I'm around.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2016/11/21/how-millennials-voted/

Kind of like yourself and everyone else who were just here to oppose Obama.......(you forgot that part).......
Nope, go back and look shit stain. I gave him credit on quite a few things. I still maintain he was the worst foreign policy president of our time but even that he had a couple of good things. He was also divisive as hell.

You guys can piss and moan and whine and obstruct, and resist all you want. It was expected out of the left and even the moderates whereas Obama was hailed as the great uniter and bringer of hope and change. You all just couldn't understand why he wasn't accepted and instead of trying to understand it, you just chalked it up to racism and kept blinders on to the massive corruption under his administration.

Kind of like yourself and everyone else who were just here to oppose Obama.......(you forgot that part).......
Not me....I guess you can't remember your friends on here that oppose/opposed anything Trump,Bush,Republican and Conservative. Dementia is a terrible disease.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
I know, which is why I said I was surprised at how many I am seeing right now supportive of him.
I'd guess your industry skews conservative, but even if it didn't, 40% of millennials is still a big number.

Booger McFarland on Mike & Mike said today that the players need to stand.....He said the original message has been lost. He's right....it's now against Trump.

Booger McFarland on Mike & Mike said today that the players need to stand.....He said the original message has been lost. He's right....it's now against Trump.
I agree the original message has been lost and now it is mostly a protest against Trump and right wing mentality. I've been saying that for a couple of weeks on here already. I don't agree that the players should stand if they don't feel compelled. I don't buy into the thinking people should tell others how to protest and exercise their right to protest as long as it is legal and non-violent. Why whackos can't support that while waving the flag and bragging they love the country is the biggest hypocrisy one can have.

What was the massive corruption under the Obama administration?
Fast n Furious
IRS targeting of conservative groups
Illegal Surveillance on AP reporters
Illegal surveillance by the NSA on everyone

I mean, we can start there, I'd think that's enough.

I agree the original message has been lost and now it is mostly a protest against Trump and right wing mentality. I've been saying that for a couple of weeks on here already. I don't agree that the players should stand if they don't feel compelled. I don't buy into the thinking people should tell others how to protest and exercise their right to protest as long as it is legal and non-violent. Why whackos can't support that while waving the flag and bragging they love the country is the biggest hypocrisy one can have.
Why can't you understand that we support their right to protest, just not their method? My opposition has been in place since last year, it has nothing to do with Trump.

I bet that if you and I exercised our free speech rights in our places of employment we most likely would have been shown the door.

Fast n Furious
IRS targeting of conservative groups
Illegal Surveillance on AP reporters
Illegal surveillance by the NSA on everyone

I mean, we can start there, I'd think that's enough.
Was Fast n Furious corruption or incompetence/stupidity?

I guess we just have different ideas on corruption in total after looking at your list.

I bet that if you and I exercised our free speech rights in our places of employment we most likely would have been shown the door.
You need to become more valuable to your employer. Hence pro athletes being the ones that can do protests like this.

You need to become more valuable to your employer. Hence pro athletes being the ones that can do protests like this.
Not according to Wilbon's dumb ass. He tried to equate the Dallas Cowboys with "plantation". Guys are making millions of dollars a year to play a game and Wilbon says it's a plantation. Trump has the resistance so out of sorts, they're just flailing about making no sense.

Reactions: WVUCOOPER
It depends on the issue and how it was done. So no, I don't agree with your blanket statement at all.

Not according to Wilbon's dumb ass. He tried to equate the Dallas Cowboys with "plantation". Guys are making millions of dollars a year to play a game and Wilbon says it's a plantation. Trump has the resistance so out of sorts, they're just flailing about making no sense.
One good thing that has come out during this NFL protest issue is that many are being exposed for what they really are.

Nope, go back and look shit stain. I gave him credit on quite a few things. I still maintain he was the worst foreign policy president of our time but even that he had a couple of good things. He was also divisive as hell.

You guys can piss and moan and whine and obstruct, and resist all you want. It was expected out of the left and even the moderates whereas Obama was hailed as the great uniter and bringer of hope and change. You all just couldn't understand why he wasn't accepted and instead of trying to understand it, you just chalked it up to racism and kept blinders on to the massive corruption under his administration.

Nope. I just chalk it up to you and others as being dumba$$es with blinders on when it comes to Trump. Obama was "divisive"? Have you seen the past few months?

Now, if you want to stop replying to me with "you all" and lumping me in with people I don't always agree with, perhaps I will do the same towards you....but until then......[winking]

Nope. I just chalk it up to you and others as being dumba$$es with blinders on when it comes to Trump. Obama was "divisive"? Have you seen the past few months?

Now, if you want to stop replying to me with "you all" and lumping me in with people I don't always agree with, perhaps I will do the same towards you....but until then......[winking]
I said "you all" trying to give the benefit of doubt for you. In fact, you are exactly the person I was talking about wth referencing the ignorance of opposition to Obama.

And you damn snowflakes are bent out of shape over guys kneeling with their hands over their hearts.

22365709_2061774477166853_8221303370261158942_n.png

Thoughts on this email that I received today:

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John3:16as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem).

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of five Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression?

Reactions: bornaneer
I don't consider what the dude was wearing a flag. If you do.....you might consider contacting Trump and have him Tweet your concerns.
He's flailing about looking for anything to hold on to. Moron can't tell he's on the absolute wrong side of this argument because he's a committed member of The Resistance.

They'll just find another way to protest. TD celebrations, bench antics, post game interviews, etc.

Just because you suppress/"outlaw" something doesn't mean it won't be available - see gun control argument/war on drugs.

This isn't about protesting the USA and the Anthem. The Anthem just happened to be a perfect time & place to peacefully take a knee and make a statement of protest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT