ADVERTISEMENT

Has The Big 12 Become The Big East 2.0....

The fact that WVU will be making more than Florida State is driving the ACC fans nuts. Wonder if Tigertroll has any more links from Swofford or the ACC office about the payout for the 2014-15 school year - still waiting on that one.

Wonder who the nameless "source" is on the ACC network - LMAO. My money is on Ken Ruinard (who).

Tigertroll's defensiveness about the ACC payout speaks much louder than his convoluted "you are wrong and I am right" postings.

most-valuable-conferences-2015.png

Source: Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...most-valuable-conference-in-college-sports/2/

Last edited:
Tigertroll's defensiveness about the ACC payout speaks much louder than his convoluted "you are wrong and I am right" postings.

most-valuable-conferences-2015.png

Source: Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissm...most-valuable-conference-in-college-sports/2/

I'm glad you posted this again. I told you this graph was wrong, and I can prove it.

In the graph, the SEC is listed as paying just under $35 million per school in 2015. The actual number was $31.2 million, but close enough. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...distribute-record-435m-revenue-member-schools

In 2014, the SEC paid out $20.9 million per school.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...nounces-209-million-average-payout-per-school

Now notice the Big Ten. The graph lists them at roughly $27 million per team. However, that's not what the Big Ten paid out in 2015.

As part of the more than S32 million Purdue received from the Big Ten during the 2014-15 fiscal year, $1 million was generated from BTN profit shares, according to a document obtained by the Journal and Courier through a records request.
http://www.jconline.com/story/mike-carmin/2015/07/16/btn-profits-increase-big-ten-revenue/30226149/

The article also says:
The $32 million Purdue received from the Big Ten is about $5 million more compared to 2013-14

So, as I told your, that graph is wrong. It's taking 2014 payouts for some conferences, and 2015 payouts for other conferences. That's an inaccurate comparison. If you want to make an accurate comparison, you either have to take all the payouts for 2014 or all the payouts for 2015. You can't mix the two, which is what the article did.

You have no answer to that. You just call me names, or say you simply don't believe the sources I post. But the bottom line is, I can back up what I say with proof, and you can't.

You still don't know how to read the chart correctly or you would of have realized your own mistake on the SEC numbers. Also, the financial reports are issued by school year which really seems to be a hard concept for you to comprehend.

Nebraska, Maryland, and Rutgers aren't receiving a full share (like WVU and TCU) so the average per school is certainly going to be lower.

I am still waiting for you to backup your ACC payout numbers claim from the beginning of this thread. If you can't provide that proof from a credible source then this silly game is over.

images

Last edited:
You still don't know how to read the chart correctly or you would of have realized your own mistake on the SEC numbers. Also, the financial reports are issued by school year which really seems to be a hard concept for you to comprehend.

I am still waiting for you to backup your ACC payout numbers claim from the beginning of this thread. If you can't provide that proof from a credible source then this silly game is over.

images

No, you are the one making the mistake. The payouts for this year are for 2014-2015. In other words, starting from sometime around June of 2014 and running to June 2015. That's clearly what it says in the headline of your graph:

"Most valuable conferences in college sports, 2014-2015."

The SEC numbers in the graph are from 2014-2015. However, the Big Ten numbers are from 2013-2014.

The graph is very simple. It lists three forms of revenue: bowl games, NCAA Tournament, and TV contracts. That's also what's included in the conference payouts. Well, when you match up the listings in the graph to the payouts from the conference, they are not all from the same year. As I demonstrated, the payouts listed in the graph are not all from the same year. Some are from 2014-2015, and some are from 2013-2014.

Dan Radakovitch, the athletic director for Clemson, is the source of the ACC numbers. He told the Board of Trustees that Clemson received $25 million from the ACC this year. That's a credible source. You are just mad that the payout is not what you though it was, so you just deny the source. Dishonesty on your part, pure and simple.

LOL - somehow I could have predicted that you didn't have anything to really backup your ACC payout amount or any of your "I am right and you are wrong" silly postings - this was really just an exercise in futility - like arguing with a 4 year old.

Funny - I can't find any Dan Radakovitch released statements on the ACC payout. So Radakovitch confidentially told board members who told a reporter who told you so you could tell us - wow.

Last edited:
The ACC pays an average of $17.75 million through 2027 for tier 1,2 and 3 of their tv contracts

The BIG 12 pays an average of $20 million per school over 12 years through 2025 for tiers 1 and 2 only.

WVU and TCU at an 85% share for tier one and two are right at the top of payouts for the ACC or higher (have to wait a year for ACC schools money to be released.

By the end of the BIG 12 contract in 2025, the BIG 12 will be paying out $44 million for tiers one and two and their other payouts (bowls, NCAA). The ACC is going to be around $8 million per school less that that--for ALL tiers and other revenues per school.

That is ALOT of money in difference. Add in tier 3 deals for BIG 12 schools and you are talking much more in media rights difference.

The Big 12 still has a buyout number (2x TV money) yet has no set number/time that involves actual damages if a team leaves.

The GOR is so open ended it could go on in court for YEARS (and maybe that's what the league wants).... ...the Big 12 made leaving even easier (and that's proven) than any other conference and now it's acting like the GOR is the answer.

WHY?

.....well....no team currently wants to leave. When one does....the holes will start being advertised...

The Big East would have been a tremendous conference

if

there would have been no (football) defections.

Agree?
KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Last edited:
The Big East would have been a tremendous conference if there would have been no (football) defections.

Agree?

Yes, I can agree if teams held or improved their potential. Miami and VT would have been considered the flagship schools in football and who knows what would have happened in the WVU RRod era.

The 'what if' game is never complete until PSU is mentioned...

BE.....2000? No. Miami was cheating....WVU and Virginia Tech fought to be in the top 25 usually (I know there were exceptions). BC was good less than we were. BE teams should have had better records than B12 teams just because they had 4 or 5 non-conference games every year.

BE.....2000? No. Miami was cheating....WVU and Virginia Tech fought to be in the top 25 usually (I know there were exceptions). BC was good less than we were. BE teams should have had better records than B12 teams just because they had 4 or 5 non-conference games every year.

To be fair...we were busted for cheating in some of our relatively recent good seasons too.

in addition to pitt, I believe the Big 12 should consider approaching Nebraska and Missouri. I think the OSU and Michigan cabal in the Big 10 does't sit well with Huskers and while Mizzo is doing well in SEC it's still a hike for fans to get to away games.

I hate how the ACC destroyed the Big East. Things were pefectly fine in the Big East before that & it's my preference to play Pitt, Va Tech, Miami, Syracuse, Boston College & the like. I also was loving the budding rivalry with Louisville, and recognized good, challenging games with Cincy & even South Fla.

All of this conference talk notwithstanding that Big East basketball was 2nd to none & will not be duplicated. For now we can't live in the past, but maybe down the road history will repeat.

I agree that what happened to the Big East is a shame. I think that rather than the ACC "destroying" your old conference they simply took advantage of fractures that were already there and pounced.The ACC couldn't have taken Miami, BC, VT, Pitt, Pitinoland and Syracuse unless they wanted to come, you know... No one forced them to leave. The rift between hoops and football was inevitable and as it widened the BE was going to split up, whether schools went to the ACC or somewhere else.

Not trying to be a troll, I just check out your board along with some others. Would love to see you stomp a few salmonella-riddled turtles on 9/26!

I agree that what happened to the Big East is a shame. I think that rather than the ACC "destroying" your old conference they simply took advantage of fractures that were already there and pounced.The ACC couldn't have taken Miami, BC, VT, Pitt, Pitinoland and Syracuse unless they wanted to come, you know... No one forced them to leave. The rift between hoops and football was inevitable and as it widened the BE was going to split up, whether schools went to the ACC or somewhere else.

Not trying to be a troll, I just check out your board along with some others. Would love to see you stomp a few salmonella-riddled turtles on 9/26!

no worries.

my two cents on it is I think with the mass exodus, people are kind of forced to leave a sinking ship. one goes, then another, another and another. it's the same reason WVU left the Big East. no choice. I think we'd all at least agree the promise of more TV money is what lured teams away. sad reality how that controls a game of student-athletes. just the times though, I get it, but I don't like it or endorse it.

taking advantage & pouncing a vulnerable conference to me is another way of saying destroy. cause & affect. I believe on TV Mark Schlabach described the actions of ACC commish with all this realignment stuff as cunning & with the strike of a snake or something in this vein.

on the flipside, I'd also say the Big East dipping into CUSA for L'Ville, Cincy, USF - that didn't doom CUSA - but it sure weakened it in the same way. doubt many CUSA fans particularly enjoyed that shift either.

Reactions: American Male
You aren't actually saying what WVU was doing with practice is in the same stratosphere as what the U has done are you?

You are not suggesting that there's tiers/degrees in the levels of cheating...are you ??

Hopefully someone didn't address this in the handful of posts above that I breezed through, but the article summation said that Clemson got $25-mill. from the ACC. Unless I just didn't see it, that didn't say it was strictly from TV revenue did it? Was some of that $25-mill. possibly from bowl game and NCAA tourney money that was split between the schools?

The fact that WVU will be making more than Florida State is driving the ACC fans nuts. Wonder if Tigertroll has any more links from Swofford or the ACC office about the payout for the 2014-15 school year - still waiting on that one.

Wonder who the nameless "source" is on the ACC network - LMAO. My money is on Ken Ruinard (who).
I've read a similar sentiment by a Big 12 fan on another board. Two things: 1. We're talking about TV money, right? I'm pretty sure FSU brings in more per year than WV overall. The difference in stadium size alone would guarantee that. 2. And I find this most perplexing; why would an ACC fan care if WV was indeed making more money than FSU?

The bottom line for me in this argument about money is to look at the big bowl agreement with ESPN. The B12 gets 40 million for the Sugar Bowl or 4 million per school. The ACC is getting 27.5 million for the Orange bowl or 1.95 million per school. Thus ESPN sees more value in the B12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT