ADVERTISEMENT

Good win....

What does any of this have to do with the fact, that Nelly is underperforming. We're six years into his tenure, and under this leadership, the team hasn't progressed, when was the last time we were part of the national conversation, and we seem to have accepted the Nehlen era of excuses of "well, we're WVa sooooo" And notice how winners don't have to make excuses.
Well, we won 9 games last season, and that is better than the 5 we won in 2022. So there was progress. When it comes to this season, why don't you just wait until we're near the end before you judge? We are currently 3-2, and that's where most experts expected us to be at this point. WVU has rarely been apart of the national conversation. It's going to be even harder now that you have to compete against the Big 10 and Sec teams that have twice the money that you have. The Big 12 teams and ACC teams are going to struggle under this new economic model.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
So don't crap on him after a win then, but if you think that because you don't want to crap on Neil Brown that others can't then you need to grow up and get a life. If it bothers you so much block the people who don't like Neil brown. I've only ever blocked one person on this site, and I like not seeing his stupid shit anymore. So why don't you do the same and block the Neil Brown
I would say that you're the one who needs to grow up and get a life. It's pretty clear that the hatred you have for the coach trumps giving credit for a win on the road. If you are going to accuse others on here of being A holes, then I guess it's better to be accused of being one than to actually be one like yourself.

Reactions: WVUBRU and WVUALLEN
Seriously, you're a manic depressive WVU fan...

Nelly loses, you want him gone....Nelly wins and you want him to stay.....

Happy ...sad...happy ...sad.....
Do you prefer losses rather than wins?

Everyone knows what Neal Brown has or has not done. No need to beat a dead horse. Let WVU fans be fans.

Reactions: OlegeezEER
I would say that you're the one who needs to grow up and get a life. It's pretty clear that the hatred you have for the coach trumps giving credit for a win on the road. If you are going to accuse others on here of being A holes, then I guess it's better to be accused of being one than to actually be one like yourself.
I dont get mad when people trust the climb. You have your opinion, i have mine. What makes some of you an asshole is attacking fans who dont trust the climb the eay you do and then getting mad when they fire back. . You go out of your way to do it. And you lie. For instance I gave credit for this win and so did others who don't trust the climb. It was a great game but that doesn't make me like Neil Brown lol. You just can't handle it so you lie and say people don't give the team credit for a road win. You're just full of shit. Why don't you just leave it alone and let people not like Neil Brown lol.

I dont get mad when people trust the climb. You have your opinion, i have mine. What makes some of you an asshole is attacking fans who dont trust the climb the eay you do and then getting mad when they fire back. . You go out of your way to do it. And you lie. For instance I gave credit for this win and so did others who don't trust the climb. It was a great game but that doesn't make me like Neil Brown lol. You just can't handle it so you lie and say people don't give the team credit for a road win. You're just full of shit. Why don't you just leave it alone and let people not like Neil Brown lol.
Neal

Who cares that we beat an Oklahoma State team with a four-win team? At the end of the day, it didn't lead to anything. The debacle in 2018 against a 5-5 Oklahoma State team left more of a stain on the program. Vandy beat Alabama last Saturday, but if it doesn't lead to anything, then it will be forgotten. The only reason you're bringing these things up is because you hate Neal Brown. It's the reason you started that stupid thread about the North Carolina bowl game. It didn't go the way you wanted when Vernon called you out on your ridiculous moronic logic. You're not fooling anyone.

I don't hate or love Neal Brown. I love WVU. I don't have delusions of WVU ever being a blue blood, but I also do not think Nehlen's and RR's successes are out of reach. My point is we hired Brown expecting more than what Holgorsen did and so far Holgorsen's record at WVU is far superior. This single, and relatively lackluster, win does not change that.

Secondly, Vernon conceded my point by not answering this simple question. If a college football team from year to year is not the same due to roster turnover, then why is the team the same when that equal roster turnover occurs between regular season and bowl game?

Well, we won 9 games last season, and that is better than the 5 we won in 2022. So there was progress. When it comes to this season, why don't you just wait until we're near the end before you judge? We are currently 3-2, and that's where most experts expected us to be at this point. WVU has rarely been apart of the national conversation. It's going to be even harder now that you have to compete against the Big 10 and Sec teams that have twice the money that you have. The Big 12 teams and ACC teams are going to struggle under this new economic model.

Last year was the easiest schedule WVU has ever had in the Big 12. You wouldn't concede to Marshall trolls about their 13-0 record against chumps making them better than WVU. And the same reason you wouldn't applies here. Compare the following teams:

10-3 record. Lost by 28 to number 5 and 17 to number 11

7-5 record. Beat number 7 by 14, lost to number 3 by 1, lost to number 4 by 10, lost to number 18 by 6.

nobody cares if you stupid fks are impressed
For two years you have been attacking people who don't like the coach. People who have never even commented to you or started any kind of personal problem with anybody on the message board. But you come out calling them names almost immediately just because they don't like the coach. You've done it to me and anyone else who doesn't like Neil brown. And then on the other hand you report the people who fire back at you and basically do the same thing that you do to them lol. There is no bigger baby wimp on the entire internet than you dude. You are utterly pathetic. You, brew and midget allen are constantly calling people names and making personal attacks. It's what you do, whether ppl do it to you or not. You should report yourself. You are the worst there is....

For two years you have been attacking people who don't like the coach. People who have never even commented to you or started any kind of personal problem with anybody on the message board. But you come out calling them names almost immediately just because they don't like the coach. You've done it to me and anyone else who doesn't like Neil brown. And then on the other hand you report the people who fire back at you and basically do the same thing that you do to them lol. There is no bigger baby wimp on the entire internet than you dude. You are utterly pathetic. You, brew and midget allen are constantly calling people names and making personal attacks. It's what you do, whether ppl do it to you or not. You should report yourself. You are the worst there is....
look..I know you're a moron and you know you're a moron....keep posting and everyone will eventually know it..who's the only coach in the last 50 yrs with a winning bowl record?

look..I know you're a moron and you know you're a moron....keep posting and everyone will eventually know it..who's the only coach in the last 50 yrs with a winning bowl record?

I don't think you can call someone a moron and then use a coach's record in 2 meaningless bowls to say he is on the level of other WVU coach's over the last 50 years that actually had WVU on the precipice of a national championship. If you do not believe Brown is better than Nehlen or Rodriguez, there is no logical reason to bring up this statistic.

I broke it down on another post where from 1970 until now, Brown and Cignetti are tied for least ranked finishes and least ranked wins. Brown is only better than Cignetti in win percentage since 1970.

Last edited:
Reactions: deedoubleyou
I don't think you can call someone a moron and then use a coach's record in 2 meaningless bowls to say he is on the level of other WVU coach's over the last 50 years that actually had WVU on the precipice of a national championship. If you do not believe Brown is better than Nehlen or Rodriguez, there is no logical reason to bring up this statistic.

I broke it down on another post where from 1970 until now, Brown and Cignetti are tied for least ranked finishes and least ranked wins. Brown is only better than Cignetti in win percentage since 1970.
Brown has taken WVU to 3 meaningless bowls and is 2-1. Playoffs are the ultimate goal now and not bowls. A title is the prize.

Bowls are good for those who love football and their team.

Brown has taken WVU to 3 meaningless bowls and is 2-1. Playoffs are the ultimate goal now and not bowls. A title is the prize.

I understand that. I'm just saying that WESTBGVA's statement that Brown is the only WVU coach with a winning bowl record over the last 50 years is meaningless. It's like comparing bowl appearances in years where 85+ teams appear in bowls vs years where only around 30 teams appear in bowls.

isn't WVU's eight straight bowl losses a record? That old joke....what does marijuana and WVU football have in common?...they both get smoked in bowls...so when is a bowl meaningful?

If you are fortunate to be invited to a bowl, it is an accomplishment. In the past 20 years or so, that has been diminished by some fans that twist the accomplishment with an agenda like those that hate the coach. Most of the players and all the coaching staff except for a few players that want to protect their bodies for the NFL are very pleased they are going to a bowl and they try their best. These hating fans, some actually root against their team and if they lose, they beat their drum of "the coach sucks" and if the team wins, the story becomes "doesn't mean anything" or "not as significant as the old days". Bunch of fools with their double talk and WVU fan base is full of them as it is witnessed here.

Nehlen said that there's three things that will determine the success of your program...the schedule, the schedule, and the schedule.

Bobby Bowden was a great coach..in the WVU hall of fame..FSU's and College Football HOF..two national titles
his first three seasons @ WVU were 8-3, 7-4, 8-4...not bad...we played William & Mary, VMI, and Richmond each season...the fourth yr W&M and VMI came off the schedules permanently....the next two seasons he was 6-5 and 4-7

isn't WVU's eight straight bowl losses a record? That old joke....what does marijuana and WVU football have in common?...they both get smoked in bowls...so when is a bowl meaningful?
Notre Dame broke it with 9 thankfully, and WVUBRU, going .500 to get to a bowl is not an accomplishment especially when the players no longer want to play in them.

Easy. When 2 top 30-40 teams in the nation play in it pre 2016 and any bowl game post 2016 that meets the same criteria PLUS key players from each team not opting out for non injury reasons. Now care to discuss when overall win percentage, wins vs ranked teams and ranked season finishes are meaningful?

If you are fortunate to be invited to a bowl, it is an accomplishment. In the past 20 years or so, that has been diminished by some fans that twist the accomplishment with an agenda like those that hate the coach. Most of the players and all the coaching staff except for a few players that want to protect their bodies for the NFL are very pleased they are going to a bowl and they try their best. These hating fans, some actually root against their team and if they lose, they beat their drum of "the coach sucks" and if the team wins, the story becomes "doesn't mean anything" or "not as significant as the old days". Bunch of fools with their double talk and WVU fan base is full of them as it is witnessed here.

This is the typical response of a loser. Making a bowl when less than half the teams in the FBS make them objectively is more selective and meaningful than when well over half the FBS teams make them. And since that objective fact destroys your "a bowl is a bowl" over simplification, you attack the motives as "you just hate <insert person or group here>".

If anyone says that Bill Stewart is a great coach and Holgorsen is utter trash or vice versa, then you'd have an argument its about personal animus as they are objectively similar. But here, Brown is objectively worse than every coach, save Cignetti, that WVU has had since 1970. That is true regardless of whether the person pointing it out hates or loves Brown.

So we should eliminate bowls?

Easy. When 2 top 30-40 teams in the nation play in it pre 2016 and any bowl game post 2016 that meets the same criteria PLUS key players from each team not opting out for non injury reasons. Now care to discuss when overall win percentage, wins vs ranked teams and ranked season finishes are meaningful?
Old argument. Everybody knows Brown has not been up to standard and neither was Holgs. Cheering for your team win or lose should not be admonished or attacked.

Notre Dame broke it with 9 thankfully, and WVUBRU, going .500 to get to a bowl is not an accomplishment especially when the players no longer want to play in them.
It is an accomplishment for those that want to stay and play.

It is an accomplishment for those that want to stay and play.
Exactly. Fools don't understand words. Accomplishment doesn't mean achieving a great goal like making the playoffs or winning the NC which for WVU is a much tough hill to climb versus about 10 programs across the country. We aren't at that level to holding the coach (any coach) to that expectation and only that expectation is not valid in my opinion. But even if you want to hold the coach to that level every freaking year, under no circumstance one should be so ridiculous with their words as we see from so many fanbases.

This is the typical response of a loser. Making a bowl when less than half the teams in the FBS make them objectively is more selective and meaningful than when well over half the FBS teams make them. And since that objective fact destroys your "a bowl is a bowl" over simplification, you attack the motives as "you just hate <insert person or group here>".

If anyone says that Bill Stewart is a great coach and Holgorsen is utter trash or vice versa, then you'd have an argument its about personal animus as they are objectively similar. But here, Brown is objectively worse than every coach, save Cignetti, that WVU has had since 1970. That is true regardless of whether the person pointing it out hates or loves Brown.
comparing won/loss records is pure stupidity....we don't play Temple, Villanova, VMI ,Richmond etc...WVU lost two yrs in a row to Tulane and Bowden opened the 74 season with a loss to Richmond @ home

Reactions: WVUBRU
It's amazing how mad people get to defend the worst coach in modern WVU history. It's like Pitt fans have infiltrated to spread a loser mentality and anyone who wants better for WVU is all kinds of bad lol. I never thought I would see such a loser mentality towards wvu football coming from It's own fan base.

Old argument. Everybody knows Brown has not been up to standard and neither was Holgs. Cheering for your team win or lose should not be admonished or attacked.

I agree. Neither should cheering your team be used as a shield to attack those criticizing the head coach's preformance as though they are "not real" fans. I don't want WVU to lose, but I don't want WVU to waste another 8 years when the ceiling for a guy was evident in half that many years.

comparing won/loss records is pure stupidity....we don't play Temple, Villanova, VMI ,Richmond etc...WVU lost two yrs in a row to Tulane and Bowden opened the 74 season with a loss to Richmond @ home

But comparing bowl appearances does? You seem to only think comparisons are apt when it favors your pre determined conclusion. Regardless of the metric you want to use, there is no defense for Brown being better than any WVU HC not named Cignetti in the last 54 years and Brown is closer to Cignetti than he is Nehlen or RR.

Exactly. Fools don't understand words. Accomplishment doesn't mean achieving a great goal like making the playoffs or winning the NC which for WVU is a much tough hill to climb versus about 10 programs across the country. We aren't at that level to holding the coach (any coach) to that expectation and only that expectation is not valid in my opinion. But even if you want to hold the coach to that level every freaking year, under no circumstance one should be so ridiculous with their words as we see from so many fanbases.
Fools? I'm sorry but under no circumstance is going 6-6 an accomplishment. That is loser mentality. Not saying there cannot be good things to take and build off of but it is not an accomplishment.

Fools? I'm sorry but under no circumstance is going 6-6 an accomplishment. That is loser mentality. Not saying there cannot be good things to take and build off of but it is not an accomplishment.
I didn't say going 6-6 is an accomplishment.

You said just going to a bowl is and going .500 puts you in one. Didn't you say fools don't understand words. I supposed I have to lay out everything in detail and you can't comprehend otherwise.
You are twisting comments in order to dispute something that wasn't said.

You are not worth responding to.

Last edited:
In 1975 with a coach that the fan base ran out of town, team went 8-3, went to the Peach Bowl and won. I was at 7 of those games but that is besides the point. Going to the bowl game was an accomplishment of a successful season and winning the bowl game was also an accomplishment I personally enjoyed it tremendously.

2023 with a coach that is treated as bad or worse than 1975, we went 9-3 on a season we were picked last in the conference preseason. We won the bowl game. The season was successful and going to the bowl game was an accomplishment by anyone associated with the program and those that support the program. And winning the bowl game was also an accomplishment and I assure you, every player feels that way.

I won't compare the two coaches as they are different eras and college football has changed. But the negativity by the same type of fan is very similar.

The point I am making, we had success in 1975 and a big cause of running a coach that later became one of the greatest was stupid fans instead of supporting the program and celebrating the successes. After he left, the school hired the wrong coach leading to the worst 4 years of WVU football in my lifetime. You can see examples like this throughout the country whether it is Tennessee with Fulmer or Auburn with Tuberville.or many other examples. Look how these programs of fan bases that have become unrealistic suffer in constantly turning over coaches and how many years many of them take to get back to being successful. Very few hit a home run automatically.

I'm not saying Brown is great but the WVU fan base is a lot like other programs and they treat his successes unfairly. I get pissed when we lose especially when there are coaching issues that has played a part in the outcome. But there is a difference in speaking about those instances constructively and just being hateful because you think that makes you cool with other fools on the Internet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT