ADVERTISEMENT

Give the team back to Huggins

Success here = making the NCAAT. That has been our historical barometer of success for basically our entire history post Jerry West. Had it not been for Covid cancelling a postseason he would have achieved that goal 3 out of the last 5 seasons, including 12 of 16 total seasons here. Idk what your definition of “fix it” is, mine is making the tournament. We don’t have a complete disaster of “who is staying who is going” with zero chemistry and a coach with no experience molding teams as a head man trying to get them to play together if we just suspended him for a few OOC games.

Iona is a low major, they play in a high school sized gym against other schools with high school sized gyms. Each team’s holy grail outside of rare occasions is getting their name called on selection Sunday and of the team’s in that conference Iona achieves that the most. They didn’t “need” Pitino, but it sure gave their little band box sized program some notoriety for a few years. Idk what you are trying to prove posting their NCAA record as if it’s relevant, it’s a one bid league, most of the conference’s NCAAT wins probably came from that miracle St. Peter’s run.

SJU is a dormant program but does play in a power conference albeit the least notable one, and has historical brand recognition. Idk what you’re getting at here. You don’t think DePaul would roll the dice here? They’re like SJU’s Midwest twin.

If you are right, it’s because Huggins does not want to coach anywhere else because if you can’t imagine one of the 350 or so D1 basketball programs passing on a HOF coach who has 900+ wins and his last game was in the NCAA Tournament, then you just don’t know this sport… lol somebody hired Larry Brown not long ago.
you just claimed Iona and SJU were former powers in basketball and now you say they are dogs. Pick one, which is it?

Of those 5 season (which include Covid year) he only had 1 winning conference record. In those 5 years he holds the season with most losses ever by a WVU coach. In those 5 years he won over 20 games only once.

Conference record 35-54
Overall 90-73
Zero Conference titles
Zero Conference championships
1-2 in NCAA tournament

Turmoil and trouble last 5 years. A true soap opera. All came to a head in 2023 by being ignorant of radio trolling (probably drunk and easily hooked). DUI so drunk he was driving on a flat and thought he was in Columbus.

FIX IT. I think not.

If you think the 350 D1 colleges would like to hire him then good for him. But it will not be here.

you just claimed Iona and SJU were former powers in basketball and now you say they are dogs. Pick one, which is it?
What the actual hell are you talking about? I said Iona was a power? Where? Iona is a low major, they were not “desperate” for Pitino, in fact as I pointed out they are the best team in their low end of the pool. You made it seem like Iona is some win at all costs operation because they hired Pitino and no school would ever hire Huggins, when in actuality a school like Iona and schools like them would line up to do it since it boosts the school’s profile. Its really just a matter of mutual interest on Huggins part.

As for SJU, as I have said they were once good, now they are not. Older CBB fans remember the days when they were a good program. Them hiring Pitino is an opportunity to chase relevance again. Them doing so IMO will embolden similar schools like DePaul, Temple, etc who were once good, and now they are not to follow SJU’s blueprint and go get a coach like Huggins.

Of those 5 season (which include Covid year) he only had 1 winning conference record. In those 5 years he holds the season with most losses ever by a WVU coach. In those 5 years he won over 20 games only once.
Losing conference record or not he made or was easily going to make the NCAAT 3 of 5 years. Just because the conference was stacked doesn’t take away from that accomplishment. Would a winning record in a conference like the ACC and miss the tournament be more impressive to you? Didn’t Pitt almost win the ACC outright and still have to play in Dayton? When we don’t dance for 5 years maybe you will understand why Huggins was so valuable to this program even in his leaner years by the standard he set.

Conference record 35-54
Overall 90-73
Zero Conference titles
Zero Conference championships
1-2 in NCAA tournament
Hasn’t KU owned this conference for like 30 years. Are all of the other Big XII coaches failures in your eyes outside of Scott Drew?

Turmoil and trouble last 5 years. A true soap opera. All came to a head in 2023 by being ignorant of radio trolling (probably drunk and easily hooked). DUI so drunk he was driving on a flat and thought he was in Columbus.

FIX IT. I think not.

If you think the 350 D1 colleges would like to hire him then good for him. But it will not be here.
Again - not getting into this again, and again it’s over, he is not coming back nor should he at this point. But yes someone will hire him if he says he will coach somewhere else.

Last edited:
Huggins looks great btw. He is clearly having a better season than WVU this year. I would've never guessed that he would end up getting sober until maybe post retirement, but he did. You can tell just looking at him. Looks like a new man.

Huggins looks great btw. He is clearly having a better season than WVU this year. I would've never guessed that he would end up getting sober until maybe post retirement, but he did. You can tell just looking at him. Looks like a new man.
You can take his dick out of your mouth now.

Why not? I mean it is a monumental task that the average person cannot possibly be expected to complete in NOT drinking double digit beers while driving and NOT being pissed drunk in the middle of a random street.
he was fortunate that he didn't kill another human in the accident or he'd be spending the next ten to twenty years in prison

Yes he does look great. I'm sure the less stress from coaching and seeing a therapist has helped. You can not prove one way or the other if he isn't still drinking. But sure seems like he has.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
Nearly everyone on the planet is quite a stretch lol. Where did you grow up, pleasantville? Wtf....

Beckley actually. And despite there being DUI's, most people didn't commit any and those that did mostly were less than 2× the legal limit and not pounding drinks while driving. So yes, the vast majority of people on the planet avoid doing what Huggins did. I'm not sure where you grew up that being nearly 3x the legal limit and drinking while driving was so ubiquitous that this fact makes you confused.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT