ADVERTISEMENT

Getting interesting. Nunes: Trump transition team under surveillance

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
New development. Legal surveillance (meaning either a FISA warrant or another type of warrant was used and not related to Russia or to the Trump team. Very interesting.

Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

By AUSTIN WRIGHT

03/22/17 01:19 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday.

Nunes said the surveillance appears to have been legal, incidental collection and that it does not appear to have been related to concerns over collusion with Russia.

Nunes is going to the White House later Wednesday to brief the Trump administration on what he has learned, which he said came from "sources."

Lmfao! You think this is good news for the Donald? Oh my my.

Considering the article says there is "little or no apparent intelligence value", and that the US citizen names were unmasked, no, it's not good news for Trump, except it will lend credence to his being wiretapped claim, albeit not in Trumpese language terms.

Very bad news for people in the Obama intelligence community. Those names aren't supposed to be unmasked unless directly requested by the White House. And the reports aren't supposed to be widely disseminated.

Take Trump's people and Obama's people down. Drain the swamp.

Lmfao! You think this is good news for the Donald? Oh my my.

I must say, your comprehension may not be very good. This could actually be great news for Trump. Unmasking names of innocent people under surveillance is a felony subject to 10 years in prison. It also lends some credence to the claim that the administration had the Trump transition team under surveillance albeit in this case legal surveillance of third parties.

Nunes statement:

Nunes: “I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions the intelligence community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition. Details about U.S. persons associated with the incoming administration details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting.

Third, I have confirmed that additional names of Trump transition team members were unmasked.

And fourth and finally I want to be clear, none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team.”

Now we know why the Obama administration signed that order just 14 days before leaving office whoch permitted raw intelligence to be shared with 15 other agencies greatly increasing the likelihood of leaks and the unmasking of innocent Americans.

Last edited:
I must say, your comprehension may not be very good. This could actually be great news for Trump. Unmasking names of innocent people under surveillance is a felony subject to 10 years in prison. It also lends some credence to the claim that the administration had the Trump transition team under surveillance albeit in this case legal surveillance of third parties.
His claims are bs. Don't be a sheep. Investigation (LEGAL INVESTIGATION) compiled surveillance of Trump campaign? Sounds like there might just be some fire causing all this smoke. But let's just focus on the leaks, right?

His claims are bs. Don't be a sheep. Investigation (LEGAL INVESTIGATION) compiled surveillance of Trump campaign? Sounds like there might just be some fire causing all this smoke. But let's just focus on the leaks, right?

Nope, take them all down.

Reactions: Boomboom521

How are his claims BS? He is the head of house intelligence and whistleblowers apparently came forward with documentation. How can you possibly know this is BS?

Two other problems with your analysis boom. One, the surveillance had nothing to do with the Russians according to Nunes. Secondly, the names were illegally unmasked and then illegally leaked to the media. Felonies were committed. Remember, Obama signed an order allowing for this kind of raw intelligence to be shared with 15 other agencies greatly increasing the likelihood of leaks just like this. Why did he do that?

At least you are not blinded by party loyalty....that's true patriotism....I respect that!

You do realize boom that this surveillance had nothing to do with the Trump campaign. This was surveillance of something other than Russian individuals. Read Nunes' statement. Comprehend. The Trump campaign individuals were picked up incidentally as part of this surveillance. Then their names were illegally unmasked and leaked illegally to the media.

How are his claims BS? He is the head of house intelligence and whistleblowers apparently came forward with documentation. How can you possibly know this is BS?

Two other problems with your analysis boom. One, the surveillance had nothing to do with the Russians according to Nunes. Secondly, the names were illegally unmasked and then illegally leaked to the media. Felonies were committed. Remember, Obama signed an order allowing for this kind of raw intelligence to be shared with 15 other agencies greatly increasing the likelihood of leaks just like this. Why did he do that?
Without leaks....watergate doesn't get out. Leaks happen. IMO, allowing our government to turn focus from potential illegal activity being known by the people, instead of answering for them is simply wrong. National security cannot be a blanket "reasoning" for preventing information from being released.

Russia or not, the investigation was legal, and so incidental information compiled in that investigation......is......incidental! Not the bs "Obama tapped my phones" bs. But keep watching the pretty assistant while the conman does his magic.

You do realize boom that this surveillance had nothing to do with the Trump campaign. This was surveillance of something other than Russian individuals. Read Nunes' statement. Comprehend. The Trump campaign individuals were picked up incidentally as part of this surveillance. Then their names were illegally unmasked and leaked illegally to the media.
And?

Without leaks....watergate doesn't get out. Leaks happen. IMO, allowing our government to turn focus from potential illegal activity being known by the people, instead of answering for them is simply wrong. National security cannot be a blanket "reasoning" for preventing information from being released.

Russia or not, the investigation was legal, and so incidental information compiled in that investigation......is......incidental! Not the bs "Obama tapped my phones" bs. But keep watching the pretty assistant while the conman does his magic.

Boom, it is illegal, highly illegal, when picking up an American while surveilling a foreigner, to unmask the name of that American and then leak that name to the media. Those protections are in place to protect Americans and to remain in compliance with our Constitution.

Trump said that his transition team was surveilled. Now it appears they were surveilled, albeit in the process of surveilling someone else.This document seems to indicate that individuals in the transition team were picked up and then crimes committed there after to get their names to the media. Obama may have not ordered the surveillance but he certainly signed an order making it easier to leak information like this. Something does not smell right.

Seems to me that incidental or not, they were listening as was claimed.

New development. Legal surveillance (meaning either a FISA warrant or another type of warrant was used and not related to Russia or to the Trump team. Very interesting.

Nunes: Trump transition members were under surveillance during Obama administration

By AUSTIN WRIGHT

03/22/17 01:19 PM EDT

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Members of the Donald Trump transition team, possibly including Trump himself, were under surveillance during the Obama administration following November's election, House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday.

Nunes said the surveillance appears to have been legal, incidental collection and that it does not appear to have been related to concerns over collusion with Russia.

Nunes is going to the White House later Wednesday to brief the Trump administration on what he has learned, which he said came from "sources."

Yes..... knowing that Manafort had worked for the russian government to de-stabilize anti-russian factions, Flynn was actually working for turkey, Tillerson was lobbying to bribe Russian officials. Trump had a, at the least, questionable real estate deal with a Russian businessman with ties to money laundering and Putin.....NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS. MOVE ON!

I would have had a mic in every room at Trump plaza if I was running any Intel agency.

Yes..... knowing that Manafort had worked for the russian government to de-stabilize anti-russian factions, Flynn was actually working for turkey, Tillerson was lobbying to bribe Russian officials. Trump had a, at the least, questionable real estate deal with a Russian businessman with ties to money laundering and Putin.....NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS. MOVE ON!

I would have had a mic in every room at Trump plaza if I was running any Intel agency.

Please tell me about trumps questionable real estate deal back in 2005. Explain to me how the Russian knew Trump would become president, 11 years in advance. You can't be this stupid. Please prove that Tillerson bribed the Russians. How was he confirmed if he was engaged in illegal activity? These statements are being brought out of your a$$.

Reactions: atlkvb
Boom, it is illegal, highly illegal, when picking up an American while surveilling a foreigner, to unmask the name of that American and then leak that name to the media. Those protections are in place to protect Americans and to remain in compliance with our Constitution.

Trump said that his transition team was surveilled. Now it appears they were surveilled, albeit in the process of surveilling someone else.This document seems to indicate that individuals in the transition team were picked up and then crimes committed there after to get their names to the media. Obama may have not ordered the surveillance but he certainly signed an order making it easier to leak information like this. Something does not smell right.
Trump said Obama had his Tower directly monitored....."wires tapped" specifically.

No, no. The leaks are the only thing that endangers the American people.....that is....until Trump can't deliver on bringing back American manufacturing jobs at the same level they were 30-50 years ago. Then he will be crucified by these people....once he doesn't serve a purpose for them anymore.

Trump said Obama had his Tower directly monitored....."wires tapped" specifically.

Actually if you look at his tweet, wiretap was in quotation marks. He was speaking about surveillance. It now appears that his transition team at least in part was picked up on surveillance. This is in keeling with both the New York Times and the Washington Post reporting that occurred at about the same time. The only illegal activity to this point what is the leaking of those names.

No, no. The leaks are the only thing that endangers the American people.....that is....until Trump can't deliver on bringing back American manufacturing jobs at the same level they were 30-50 years ago. Then he will be crucified by these people....once he doesn't serve a purpose for them anymore.

You're deflecting boom because you lost the debate.

Actually if you look at his tweet, wiretap was in quotation marks. He was speaking about surveillance. It now appears that his transition team at least in part was picked up on surveillance. This is in keeling with both the New York Times and the Washington Post reporting that occurred at about the same time. The only illegal activity to this point what is the leaking of those names.
He AND YOU both know what those tweets attempt to insinuate. Come on! He's not a 5 year old!

He AND YOU both know what those tweets attempt to insinuate. Come on! He's not a 5 year old!

I said he was wrong that Obama ordered the surveillance. However I am not wrong in stating that Obama signed an order just before leaving office making it much easier to leak this type of information. That is a fact. And apparently it was done successfully.

Please tell me about trumps questionable real estate deal back in 2005. Explain to me how the Russian knew Trump would become president, 11 years in advance. You can't be this stupid. Please prove that Tillerson bribed the Russians. How was he confirmed if he was engaged in illegal activity? These statements are being brought out of your a$$.
OM is...
qJNJBHr.jpg

I said he was wrong that Obama ordered the surveillance. However I am not wrong in stating that Obama signed an order just before leaving office making it much easier to leak this type of information. That is a fact. And apparently it was done successfully.
And how did those leaks endanger us?

Flynn should still be at his position then?

And how did those leaks endanger us?

They may not have endangered my life or yours, but they could clearly have endangered the person whose name was leaked. How you can't see this is beyond me.

More importantly, it is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison. It violates our Constitution.

Correct, and this might just be that insinuation coming to fruition. What good can come of a former president, and his organization, still meddling in the political process?

He clearly violated the Logan act. There is no debate there.

He did not violate the Logan act, that is ridiculous. As I posted yesterday no one in the history of the Logan act which was passed in 1799 has ever been convicted. And in all the time only one case was ever brought.

By doing what every person in his position has done for many years?

This is one of the most ridiculous arguments Liberals have ever brought to this board. The Logan act, ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT