ADVERTISEMENT

Get Saban............

eers-to-ya

Senior
Jun 8, 2008
atwater ohio
...............on the phone. Ask him who on his staff most buys into his disciplined, four quarters style of football and is ready for a head coaching job and at least consider hiring him.

Uh, the WVU athletic director was in Saban's athletic department a few months ago.

So . . . save the cost of a long distance phone call.

Duh!

Nick Saban has all the money he would ever need. The first question you ask him is if he would be interested in a unique challenge.

These super-driven guys eventually look at other options over time because they can't get drive to take over something and make it excellent out of their blood. Just ask Jerry West.

...............on the phone. Ask him who on his staff most buys into his disciplined, four quarters style of football and is ready for a head coaching job and at least consider hiring him.

And didn't he try to get WVU to hire Jimbo? What happened there?

The dude only stayed a season at Tennessee, what makes anyone think he'll come here, much less as much time as Holgorsen has been here thus far.
Dude was also at USC.....how'd that work out?

pointless argument Saben will never be the next coach at West Virginia or will Lane Kiffin. The next coach will more than likely be a head coach from a Mac school or conference USA or possible AAC school. The only household name that might come into the picture is Bo Pelini. He is from Ohio and averaged 9 wins a year at Nebraska he was fired more for his brash demeanor than his on the field performance. He will coach somewhere again in a power 5 conference

pointless argument Saben will never be the next coach at West Virginia or will Lane Kiffin. The next coach will more than likely be a head coach from a Mac school or conference USA or possible AAC school. The only household name that might come into the picture is Bo Pelini. He is from Ohio and averaged 9 wins a year at Nebraska he was fired more for his brash demeanor than his on the field performance. He will coach somewhere again in a power 5 conference

I would be curious (if the coach were to come from a MAC school) how Matt Campbell of Toledo or Rod Carey of NIU would fare. NIU got within a TD of Ohio State about a month ago and Toledo beat Arkansas at U of A.

The only household name that might come into the picture is Bo Pelini. He is from Ohio and averaged 9 wins a year at Nebraska he was fired more for his brash demeanor than his on the field performance. He will coach somewhere again in a power 5 conference

Nebraska fans are starting to grow in number regretting the decision of Bo Pelini being removed. I have a feeling Mike Riley (he's kindler and gentler) will be a decision that will come back to haunt them.

How about Willie Fritz? Yeah we smoked GA. Southern, but they are GOOD! And he made them that way.
I'd take him in a minute...

I would be curious (if the coach were to come from a MAC school) how Matt Campbell of Toledo or Rod Carey of NIU would fare. NIU got within a TD of Ohio State about a month ago and Toledo beat Arkansas at U of A.

There is no telling how well he would do but he is young and has done a good job at Toledo. WVU would be a big step up but the mac have produced some very good coaches. Nick Saben and Gary Pinkle where head coaches at Toledo at one time and are now 2 of the better coaches in the SEC. Urban Meyer tried to Hire Matt Campbell when he 1st got the OSU job and thinks very highly of him to this day

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/556735

How about Willie Fritz? Yeah we smoked GA. Southern, but they are GOOD! And he made them that way.
I'd take him in a minute...

Willie Fritz would deserve consideration he has done a fine job at GA Southern but he is 55 and i think the admin would be more inclined to go with someone a little younger

Nick Saban will be the next coach at WV if WV can throw the megabucks his way. Don't believe me? Give it a try. Throw $25 million a year and a ten year contract at him and see if he doesn't come home. Hail, Rich Rod would leave Arizona for $15 million a year and a 5 year contract!

Nick Saban will be the next coach at WV if WV can throw the megabucks his way. Don't believe me? Give it a try. Throw $25 million a year and a ten year contract at him and see if he doesn't come home. Hail, Rich Rod would leave Arizona for $15 million a year and a 5 year contract!

WV doesn't have that type of money and you could get a big name coach for 1/2 that. How many college coaches get 12.5 million a year which is half of 25. Man you like smokin the good stuff

Reactions: Bronco-eer
The only person to call if Dana is fired is Jim Tressel.

If that won't happen get Mack Brown.

WVU is now a member of a great football conference and there are plenty of top coaches out there who would want this job.

The only person to call if Dana is fired is Jim Tressel.

If that won't happen get Mack Brown.

WVU is now a member of a great football conference and there are plenty of top coaches out there who would want this job.

When you say top coaches can you please name who you are referring too? Bo Pelina is the biggest name I could think of that might be possible with the current Wvu budget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT