ADVERTISEMENT

WVU Release Food Truck Distribution in Boone County with WVU Hoops

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007
Food Truck Distribution in Boone County with WVU Hoops

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (June 3, 2016) – Coach Bob Huggins and the men’s basketball program, in conjunction with Remember the Miners, will be in Wharton, West Virginia, on Tuesday, June 7 for a mobile food truck distribution. The event will take place at the old Wharton practice field from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Huggins and others will be joining the Mountaineer Food Bank and Fighting Hunger to serve free groceries to hundreds of families who are out of work or in need of food on Tuesday in Boone County.

“On the way back from the horrific Upper Big Branch Mine disaster in 2010, we decided something should be done to remember the miners,” said Huggins. “We then started a non-profit organization called Remember The Miners that has awarded numerous scholarships to siblings of miners, to help create awareness of how much the hard-working people mean to this state and to help in any way we can.

“We are planning a food distribution on Tuesday in support of all the laid off miners in Boone County and other families in need. No West Virginian will be turned away.”

Other local sponsors include Little General Stores, Aetna, Coca-Cola, Walmart, Foodland, Heiners Bakery and Broughton Dairy.

“This is done as a token of thanks for what these brave, hard-working West Virginians mean to the state of West Virginia and to our great country,” said Huggins.

Even though I don't follow basketball much, I got so much respect for Huggins. He doesn't just talk it. He walks it when it comes to helping people. It ain't like there is a big basketball factory of recruits in Boone county.

Much respect for that man.

No WVian turned away?

I wish that I could be more into charity but between the charity itself ripping off a large percentage of my donation (management costs) and people not (or shouldn't be) in need taking advantage I feel like I'm getting scammed every time I donate.

-------

I'm not referring to this particular one... ...just an overall evaluation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT