ADVERTISEMENT

EVERY team loses in Big 12, including EVERY Top Six team

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
So, who will win the Big 12 regular season and conference tournament. My sportswriting expertise tells me NO team will finish first in both.

It’s been time-consuming and mind-boggling to research and analyze this, so I’m sure some eagle eye will gleefully point out an error by me in the tsunami of numbers.

Regardless, let the numbers do the talking (about the SIX Top 25 teams in the Big 12):

#11 Iowa State beat Baylor, TCU (twice), Kansas State and split with Texas and Kansas. That’s 6-2 in Top Six games.

#17 TCU beat Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and lost to Iowa State, Texas. That’s 3-2.

#5 Texas beat TCU, Baylor but lost to Kansas, Iowa State and split with Kansas State. That’s 3-3.

#9 Kansas (2022 defending national champ, 2008, 1988, 1952 national champ) beat Iowa State, Texas but lost to TCU, Baylor and split with Iowa State, Kansas State. That’s 4-4.

#12 Kansas State beat Baylor, TCU and lost to TCU, Iowa State and split with Kansas, Texas. That’s 4-4.

#14 Baylor (2021 national champ) lost to Iowa State, TCU, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas. That’s 0-5.

EVERY Big Six team has lost 2 or more times to other Big Six teams!

Iowa State is doing the best against the Top Six so far. Baylor has lost to all 5 of the other Top Six teams, which is the worst.

Again, winning the Big 12 regular season and Big 12 conference tournament might be tougher than winning March Madness. I seriously doubt the same team will finish first in both.

So, who will win the Big 12 regular season and conference tournament. My sportswriting expertise tells me NO team will finish first in both.

It’s been time-consuming and mind-boggling to research and analyze this, so I’m sure some eagle eye will gleefully point out an error by me in the tsunami of numbers.

Regardless, let the numbers do the talking (about the SIX Top 25 teams in the Big 12):

#11 Iowa State beat Baylor, TCU (twice), Kansas State and split with Texas and Kansas. That’s 6-2 in Top Six games.

#17 TCU beat Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State and lost to Iowa State, Texas. That’s 3-2.

#5 Texas beat TCU, Baylor but lost to Kansas, Iowa State and split with Kansas State. That’s 3-3.

#9 Kansas (2022 defending national champ, 2008, 1988, 1952 national champ) beat Iowa State, Texas but lost to TCU, Baylor and split with Iowa State, Kansas State. That’s 4-4.

#12 Kansas State beat Baylor, TCU and lost to TCU, Iowa State and split with Kansas, Texas. That’s 4-4.

#14 Baylor (2021 national champ) lost to Iowa State, TCU, Kansas State, Kansas, Texas. That’s 0-5.

EVERY Big Six team has lost 2 or more times to other Big Six teams!

Iowa State is doing the best against the Top Six so far. Baylor has lost to all 5 of the other Top Six teams, which is the worst.

Again, winning the Big 12 regular season and Big 12 conference tournament might be tougher than winning March Madness. I seriously doubt the same team will finish first in both.
You forgot the losses to Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and they're 3-4 in last 7 games.
Texas and KU will tie for first at 13-5. ISU will win the tournament because that is what they do often as they have won 4 of the last 8 and 5 total since Big 12 began.

CFE fails again to see the real numbers.

Reactions: Rootmaster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT