ADVERTISEMENT

Dems are going to get buried this Fall

This is nonsense. In order for a poll to be "bogus" you have to show what methods that were used by the polling scientists were unscientific or dubious. Just because the result of a poll surprises you doesn't mean that it's wrong. "Because I feel this can't be true" isn't an argument.

True, but by your own standards that poll never showed you what their methodology was nor how the questions were phrased.

Do some of your own research on black support for school choice vouchers, inner-city tax-free Enterprise zones, and black opposition in the faith-based community to taxpayer-funded abortions.

Why do you suppose the media never polls black people on those questions?

The Russians did nothing better than the American news agencies aka TAAS.[.quote]

I have no idea what that acronym means, nor what you are implying..

Actually any polling showing strong support for Trump regardless of color I like. Democrats and Leftists are the only ones upset with Trump's strong support.

So...then you are stating that, in your mind, the validity of a poll directly correlates with how well it supports your confirmation bias?

No I'm simply saying polls can be manipulated to fit whatever agenda the media wants them to.

Look at it this way if I wanted to do a poll among blue lot members about how terrible Tennessee football is I wouldn't have a hard time getting that poll to support my objective in trashing Tennessee football.

Same thing with the media and their ongoing efforts to paint Trump as a racist.

True but by your own standards that poll never showed you what their methodology was nor how the questions were phrased.
It actually does. You can go on their polling site and download the full PDF of the poll, including questions. All of which appear to be standard boiler plate as far as approval polls go.

Do some of your own research on black support for school choice vouchers, inner-city tax-free Enterprise zones, and black opposition in the faith-based community to taxpayer-funded abortions.

Why do you suppose the media never polls black people on those questions?

I'd like to see such a poll. The more information, the better.

Reactions: atlkvb
The internet works every time it's used just make sure you use a good search engine.

They don't all return the same results.

No I'm simply saying polls can be manipulated to fit whatever agenda the media wants them to.

Look at it this way if I wanted to do a poll among blue lot members about how terrible Tennessee football is I wouldn't have a hard time getting that poll to support my objective in trashing Tennessee football.

Same thing with the media and their ongoing efforts to paint Trump as a racist.

The vast majority of polls you see from sources like Gallop, IPSOS, Reuters, ABC News, etc are done with a high level of integrity. Now the ANALYSIS of the polls, I certainly agree, can be dishonestly twisted around.

@WVUPharm2007

As far as I know you are not black, but if you were what would you say would be your biggest problem with Trump?

If you say it's because he's a racist can you cite the policy or the legislation he supports that leads you to this conclusion?

If you oppose his economic policies, can you explain how they are hurting you if you are black or what's not working for you?

If it is something else can you please outline with specifics what it is?

The vast majority of polls you see from sources like Gallop, IPSOS, Reuters, ABC News, etc are done with a high level of integrity. Now the ANALYSIS of the polls, I certainly agree, can be dishonestly twisted around.

If This were true the accuracy of those polls pre the '16 election would not be as incorrect as they were.

Methodology as well as questioning in the polls can be manipulated as easily as the analysis of the results.

For instance if I ask you as a black person do you think Trump is a racist? Given the perceptions that he currently is projected by the media your answer of course would be yes.

However if you ask the same question a different way, for instance do you think Trump's proposals to help poor inner-city parents pay for better private schools for their kids is racist you get an entirely different answer.

That latter question by the way is polled among black Americans who overwhelmingly support school choice vouchers as I mentioned.

@WVUPharm2007 with all due respect, your silence answering my question to you in post # 129 was my point about the poll you posted earlier in the thread. They never explained exactly what the reason was for Trump's low support @3% among African Americans? On specific policies Trump supports directly effecting them, they support him and do NOT think he is a racist.

As I mentioned, Blacks are not blaming Trump for their record low unemployment, nor do they think he is racist encouraging the hiring of more African Americans.

@WVUPharm2007

As far as I know you are not black, but if you were what would you say would be your biggest problem with Trump?

Keep in mind that I'm not a liberal. Or a conservative. I despise all political ideologies because they make everyone intellectually lazy.

But my biggest issue with Trump? I have a few, but I'd say the biggest is pretty simple.

He doesn't understand that the Keynesian monetary easing done in the wake of the worst recession since 1929 is what fueled this almost decade long economic expansion. Not what 8 months of the GOP budget he signed into law has done. And in order to set the US up for future success, there needs to be either a period of austerity or a period of higher taxation in order to "pay back" what was done by Bernanke in 2008-11 to avoid a complete world economic depression. Instead, he is spending at a higher rate than Obama, posting enormous deficits, and cutting taxes all the while. It isn't sustainable and is, frankly, frightening.

If you say it's because he's a racist can you cite the policy or the legislation he supports that leads you to this conclusion?
It's not my biggest issue with him. It's not even in the top 5, really. But most presidents until a few decades ago were pretty racist. And the US is always going to have a dark racist underbelly to it for the foreseeable future. There are still people alive that experienced segregation. It is what it is. Objectively, Trump appears to have some racist tendencies. He doesn't implicitly put that into law, but there is certainly a soft racism to his policies and actions. He seems pretty big on the dog whistles. Calling places shithole countries. Only targeting Hispanic illegal immigrants when there are very easily catachable Europeans and Canadians that have overstayed their visas. The response to the Charlottesville madness. The Muslim ban. It all seems pretty dubious to me to not at least suspect that he may carry racist tendencies.

If you oppose his economic policies, can you explain how they are hurting you if you are black or what's not working for you?

I'm a pharmacist, I'm doing fine. I was doing fine during the recession. I am doing fine after the recession.

But n=1. My personal experience mean little when there are over 300 million Americans

Reactions: bsharp1986
Methodology as well as questioning in the polls can be manipulated as easily as the analysis of the results.

For instance if I ask you as a black person do you think Trump is a racist? Given the perceptions that he currently is projected by the media your answer of course would be yes.

However if you ask the same question a different way, for instance do you think Trump's proposals to help poor inner-city parents pay for better private schools for their kids is racist you get an entirely different answer.

That latter question by the way is polled among black Americans who overwhelmingly support school choice vouchers as I mentioned.

I would agree with that, but you can read exactly what they asked the people polled and it appears that no leading questions were asked like that.

@WVUPharm2007 with all due respect, your silence answering my question to you in post # 129 was my point about the poll you posted earlier in the thread.

I don't live on the internet, you might have to give me a while to get back to you...lol...

If This were true the accuracy of those polls pre the '16 election would not be as incorrect as they were.

In national terms, which is what we're talking about here, namely the national approval rating of Trump by blacks, the 2016 polls were accurate.

Keep in mind that I'm not a liberal. Or a conservative. I despise all political ideologies because they make everyone intellectually lazy.

But my biggest issue with Trump? I have a few, but I'd say the biggest is pretty simple.

He doesn't understand that the Keynesian monetary easing done in the wake of the worst recession since 1929 is what fueled this almost decade long economic expansion. Not what 8 months of the GOP budget he signed into law has done. And in order to set the US up for future success, there needs to be either a period of austerity or a period of higher taxation in order to "pay back" what was done by Bernanke in 2008-11 to avoid a complete world economic depression. Instead, he is spending at a higher rate than Obama, posting enormous deficits, and cutting taxes all the while. It isn't sustainable and is, frankly, frightening.

It's not my biggest issue with him. It's not even in the top 5, really. But most presidents until a few decades ago were pretty racist. And the US is always going to have a dark racist underbelly to it for the foreseeable future. There are still people alive that experienced segregation. It is what it is. Objectively, Trump appears to have some racist tendencies. He doesn't implicitly put that into law, but there is certainly a soft racism to his policies and actions. He seems pretty big on the dog whistles. Calling places shithole countries. Only targeting Hispanic illegal immigrants when there are very easily catachable Europeans and Canadians that have overstayed their visas. The response to the Charlottesville madness. The Muslim ban. It all seems pretty dubious to me to not at least suspect that he may carry racist tendencies.

I'm a pharmacist, I'm doing fine. I was doing fine during the recession. I am doing fine after the recession.

But n=1. My personal experience mean little when there are over 300 million Americans

Your answer to the question and your explanation about the economics leading up to the 2008 recession which was not driven by anything other then poor investment decisions on the part of lenders plus your explanation of Trump's alleged racism convinces me you are nothing but a card-carrying member of the anti Trump Left.

I asked you for specific policy and legislation which you could not provide why someone black would think Trump is a racist and your economic explanation about what was the driver of our deficits and our debt is completely and totally factually incorrect.

Honestly don't have time right now talking into my voice to text phone to lay it all out and correct your misperceptions and I don't think it's even worth it in your particular case, but you believe what you want to believe it is a free country. Fortunately a vast majority of voters are not as easily gullible as you are.

Carry on.

In national terms, which is what we're talking about here, namely the national approval rating of Trump by blacks, the 2016 polls were accurate.

I am so sick of polls I'm sick. The only accurate poll is the one on Election Day and Hillary the Democrats lost.

I have every reason to believe the next election poll will deliver the same results.

Your answer to the question and your explanation about the economics leading up to the 2008 recession which was not driven by anything other then poor investment decisions on the part of lenders plus your explanation of Trump's alleged racism convinces me you are nothing but a card-carrying member of the anti Trump Left.

I didn't talk about the origins of the recession, just the mechanism by which the Fed successfully avoided a world depression. And I do suspect that Trump harbors some racist tendencies for the reasons listed.

I asked you for specific policy and legislation which you could not provide why someone black would think Trump is a racist and your economic explanation about what was the driver of our deficits and our debt is completely and totally factually incorrect.

I can't tell you specifically what policies are targeting black people to be less successful because there aren't any. Any sort of law that targeted a cohort like that would be struck down by the Supreme Court. I'm really not sure why that's relevant in the first place, it's a bizarre non-sequitur you are insisting to throw in there for reasons I don't understand. We are talking about the validity of polls and outliers. Just because you don't like the results doesn't mean that that the results are false. The fact is that the majority of black people dislike Trump, the reasons why are irrelevant.

Honestly don't have time right now talking into my voice to text phone to lay it all out and correct your misperceptions and I don't think it's even worth it in your particular case, but you believe what you want to believe it is a free country. Fortunately a vast majority of voters are not as easily gullible as you are.

Carry on.
Ok.

Last edited:
These political posts are getting so old on here. Yesterday we have a Jennifer Garner post turn political. Can you imagine seeing a pic of this and still wanting to talk politics?

JenniferGarner032.jpg

Jennifer%20Garner%2001.jpg

jennifer-garner-sexy-hot-bikini-blue.jpg

Jennifer-Garner-Hot-1.jpg

wallpaper2you_248329.jpg

dae41a6945141fb2dbe601ba3610034b--glamour-photography-modeling-photography.jpg

jennifer-garner-Hot.jpg
Affleck is a SERIOUS DUMB ASS!!? D!am son,you gave this babe up for drugs?!!!!

Keep in mind that I'm not a liberal. Or a conservative. I despise all political ideologies because they make everyone intellectually lazy

I'm not picking on you, but this response is typical of many Leftists I engage. They refuse of course to admit they are Leftists, certainly they are not Conservative, but all they spout is Leftist orthodoxy as you did here.

there needs to be either a period of austerity or a period of higher taxation in order to "pay back" what was done by Bernanke in 2008-11 to avoid a complete world economic depression

This is economic illiteracy as most Leftists exhibit. There is no economic model that suggests "austerity" leads to economic expansion. Nor are there any models indicating tax increases, or removing individual's earnings from the private sector grows an economy, or will cause a worldwide depression! Trump cut taxes and regulations on businesses and individuals and revenues to the treasury increased! The economy is expanding. We do not have a revenue problem with an economy growing in excess of 4% GDP generating in excess of 3 trillion dollars for the Government to spend! We have a spending problem. Again, this statement is simply Leftist economic propaganda and economic illiteracy.

Objectively, Trump appears to have some racist tendencies

You talked about not being "intellectually lazy" but what is more lazy than suggesting someone believes in their inherent "superiority" over other races without having a specific case or analysis backing it up?

He doesn't implicitly put that into law, but there is certainly a soft racism to his policies and actions. He seems pretty big on the dog whistles

Again you were asked for specific policies or legislation detailing Trump's racism. "Dog whistles" is an intellectually lazy Leftist pejorative against Trump with no solid basis in fact. What is a "dog whistle" anyway? An intellectially lazy statement. Nothing more.

Only targeting Hispanic illegal immigrants when there are very easily catachable Europeans and Canadians that have overstayed their visas. The response to the Charlottesville madness. The Muslim ban

"Targeting" illegal ailiens who break our immigration law is not racist. It is enforcing our law. Canadiens or Europeans who overstay their Visas are not here breaking immigration laws, they are simply not fully in compliance with their legal status. There is no Muslim "ban". What race are Muslims? Most are allowed to immigrate provided they are not from countries devoted to international Terrorism. Trump's response to Charlottesville was to call out against all violent protesting. Again, simply an intellectually lazy Leftist "dog whistle" statement about Trump.

It all seems pretty dubious to me to not at least suspect that he may carry racist tendencies.

No further explanation needed about why this is intellectual laziness. Not one racist policy was cited as backup.

You were asked to explain what someone Black would be upset about regarding Trump or his economic policies? How are they hurting you? I understand you may not be Black, but answering the question by saying you are a Pharmacist therefore you are doing OK is irrelevant to the question!

I am Black. I know many other Black people who are thrilled to be gainfully employed now and making decent money. There is nothing in Trump's economic policies preventing them from enjoying the full benefits of an expanding economy, nor is Trump preventing them from doing so.

Once again, it was a simply intellectually lazy answer to a very straightforward question as to what issues if any Blacks have with Trump if their support for him is only @ 3%.

Why you can't honestly answer that, and used the opportunity in answering the way you did by dishonestly presenting yourself as a non Leftist intellectual is both amusing and deceitful.

Last edited:
This is economic illiteracy as most Leftists exhibit. There is no economic model that suggests "austerity" leads to economic expansion. Nor are there any models indicating tax increases, or removing individual's earnings from the private sector grows an economy, or will cause a worldwide depression! Trump cut taxes and regulations on businesses and individuals and revenues to the treasury increased! The economy is expanding. We do not have a revenue problem with an economy growing in excess of 4% GDP generating in excess of 3 trillion dollars for the Government to spend! We have a spending problem. Again, this statement is simply Leftist economic propaganda and economic illiteracy.

I'm aware that austerity and tax cuts don't lead to expansion. The expansion part already happened. Increased spending with some tax cuts as well as QE was policy from 2008-2017. This was done to kickstart the economy. It's basic Keynsian economics. And when the economy starts to kick into gear, you are generally supposed to "pay it back" and increase taxes or start austerity measure to stop the economy from overheating and to lower the risk of running into another recession without some slack for the central bank to increase money supply to avoid a potentially deeper recession. Trump is not doing this. He is posting giant deficits while cutting taxes further. What happened to fiscal responsibility? That's one of the major policies I completely 100% agree with conservatives on. Budgets should have a purpose. The GOP budget signed into law at the end of last year just seems reckless to me.

Ben Bernanke (appointed by Bush, mind you) did an absolutely brilliant job preventing the world economy from going into a depression in the late 00s. My fear is that we are going to waste his work by not completing his Keynesian maneuvers now that the economy is recovered. (IMO, he's more to credit for the current economy than Obama or Trump, for that matter. We should have statues of the man.)

You talked about not being "intellectually lazy" but what is more lazy than suggesting someone believes in their inherent "superiority" over other races without having a specific case or analysis backing it up?

Um...I agree...?

Again you were asked for specific policies or legislation detailing Trump's racism. "Dog whistles" is an intellectually lazy Leftist pejorative against Trump with no solid basis in fact. What is a "dog whistle" anyway? An intellectially lazy statement. Nothing more.

It's not outright saying what the policy aims to accomplish. Trump declines entry of people from only majority Muslim countries. But it was claimed that it "wasn't a Muslim ban." The Chechnian Republic of Russia harbor more extremists than some of the countries on the ban, but they didn't make the list. Pretty odd, no? The reality is that Trump was playing to middle Americas fear of Muslims.

"Targeting" illegal ailiens who break our immigration law is not racist. It is enforcing our law. Canadiens or Europeans who overstay their Visas are not here breaking immigration laws, they are simply not fully in compliance with their legal status. There is no Muslim "ban". What race are Muslims? Most are allowed to immigrate provided they are not from countries devoted to international Terrorism. Trump's response to Charlottesville was to call out against all violent protesting. Again, simply an intellectually lazy Leftist "dog whistle" statement about Trump.

A white nationalist ran over a person protesting white nationalism. The false equivalency of saying that there were bad actors on both sides was a dog whistle. Muslim isn't implicitly a race, but to deny that people of Arabic decent don't face mistrust from a large portion of the country is putting your head in the sand.

You were asked to explain what someone Black would be upset about regarding Trump or his economic policies? How are they hurting you? I understand you may not be Black, but answering the question by saying you are a Pharmacist therefore you are doing OK is irrelevant to the question!

Specific to them being black, like I said, there is no law that has been passed targeting blacks, so I'm not sure what you are going on about or why this is relevent.

I am Black. I know many other Black people who are thrilled to be gainfully employed now and making decent money. There is nothing in Trump's economic policies preventing them from enjoying the full benefits of an expanding economy, nor is Trump preventing them from doing so.

I agree with this. Trump has had no policies that prevent certain races of people from having economic success. For the 4th time.

Once again, it was a simply intellectually lazy answer to a very straightforward question as to what issues if any Blacks have with Trump if their support for him is only @ 3%.

I'm not black, I have no idea. Perhaps we should ask the 97% of those that dislike Trump why they dislike them. But the polls have been clear that they do not like the man for whatever reason. It may be economic, social, religious, they are just straight-ticket Democrat level-pullers, maybe they just don't like him...but how should I know? It's not my place to speak for those people. And the reasons they dislike them are irrelevant. This is a non-sequitur and you are just trying to deflect from the original point that I was trying to make...which is that the 36% number was likely an outlier. Which it is looking to be true as more data and polls are released.

Why you can't honestly answer that, and used the opportunity in answering the way you did by dishonestly presenting yourself as a non Leftist intellectual is both amusing and deceitful.

I've been pretty straightforward. You just don't seem to understand what a poll measures from what I can tell. And just because I don't suck on Trump's pole like all the mindless conservatives doesn't mean I'm automatically leftist/liberal/whatever. For example, I think Obamacare is a piece of crap gift to Big Pharma and insurance companies. A bandaid of a solution over a gaping wound. Does that automatically make me a conservative? No. Believe me, I think all of you are idiots for an assortment of varying reasons. Right now the conservatives are bigger idiots, but that's mostly because they happen to be the ones in charge. Governance by ideology rather than pragmatism is one of the major fallacies of the false left-right dichotomy the country has found itself stuck in and it isn't the sin of only one of the major parties.

Last edited:
Reactions: bsharp1986
I'm aware that austerity and tax cuts don't lead to expansion. The expansion part already happened. Increased spending with some tax cuts as well as QE was policy from 2008-2017. This was done to kickstart the economy. It's basic Keynsian economics. And when the economy starts to kick into gear, you are generally supposed to "pay it back" and increase taxes or start austerity measure to stop the economy from overheating and to lower the risk of running into another recession without some slack for the central bank to increase money supply to avoid a potentially deeper recession. Trump is not doing this. He is posting giant deficits while cutting taxes further. What happened to fiscal responsibility? That's one of the major policies I completely 100% agree with conservatives on. Budgets should have a purpose. The GOP budget signed into law at the end of last year just seems reckless to me.

Ben Bernanke (appointed by Bush, mind you) did an absolutely brilliant job preventing the world economy from going into a depression in the late 00s. My fear is that we are going to waste his work by not completing his Keynesian maneuvers now that the economy is recovered. (IMO, he's more to credit for the current economy than Obama or Trump, for that matter. We should have statues of the man.)

Um...I agree...?

It's not outright saying what the policy aims to accomplish. Trump declines entry of people from only majority Muslim countries. But it was claimed that it "wasn't a Muslim ban." The Chechnian Republic of Russia harbor more extremists than some of the countries on the ban, but they didn't make the list. Pretty odd, no? The reality is that Trump was playing to middle Americas fear of Muslims.

A white nationalist ran over a person protesting white nationalism. The false equivalency of saying that there were bad actors on both sides was a dog whistle. Muslim isn't implicitly a race, but to deny that people of Arabic decent don't face mistrust from a large portion of the country is putting your head in the sand.

Specific to them being black, like I said, there is no law that has been passed targeting blacks, so I'm not sure what you are going on about or why this is relevent.

I agree with this. Trump has had no policies that prevent certain races of people from having economic success. For the 4th time.

I'm not black, I have no idea. Perhaps we should ask the 97% of those that dislike Trump why they dislike them. But the polls have been clear that they do not like the man for whatever reason. It may be economic, social, religious, they are just straight-ticket Democrat level-pullers, maybe they just don't like him...but how should I know? It's not my place to speak for those people. And the reasons they dislike them are irrelevant. This is a non-sequitur and you are just trying to deflect from the original point that I was trying to make...which is that the 36% number was likely an outlier. Which it is looking to be true as more data and polls are released.

I've been pretty straightforward. You just don't seem to understand what a poll measures from what I can tell. And just because I don't suck on Trump's pole like all the mindless conservatives doesn't mean I'm automatically leftist/liberal/whatever. For example, I think Obamacare is a piece of crap gift to Big Pharma and insurance companies. A bandaid of a solution over a gaping wound. Does that automatically make me a conservative? No. Believe me, I think all of you are idiots for an assortment of varying reasons. Right now the conservatives are bigger idiots, but that's mostly because they happen to be the ones in charge. Governance by ideology rather than pragmatism is one of the major fallacies of the false left-right dichotomy the country has found itself stuck in and it isn't the sin of only one of the major parties.

You and I can spend the rest of this thread arguing around the edges what's the best way to grow a private-sector Capitalist economy. Whichever method you think is superior the objective is always the same.

A growing economy is fueled by individuals creating wealth by Saving investing or creating Goods products and services that other people need want and desire.

At that basic economic level there is very little government needs to do or has to do except get out of the way and let it happen. The rest of what you arguing certainly makes for interesting economic discussion but probably adds more to the confusion and certainly creates more problems than it solves.

The rest of what you said here is simply our agreement to disagree that Trump is a racist and for whatever reason you think blacks dislike him I can quote you just as many reasons to tell you that blacks do not dislike him. Polls are simply snapshots of where certain polled voters view certain issues presented in the context and in the frame of reference they are asked. I can assure you that most black people want the same thing other Americans want and they don't care what the color of the skin is of the person who is able to help them achieve that.

Good talking with you go Mountaineers!

This is nonsense. In order for a poll to be "bogus" you have to show what methods that were used by the polling scientists were unscientific or dubious. Just because the result of a poll surprises you doesn't mean that it's wrong. "Because I feel this can't be true" isn't an argument.

OK, so the poll says something negative about Trump so you like it. But the polls have not been so accurate lately and there are nearly two more months before election day. It seems that polls showed a massive victory for Hillary. In fact, there was no way for Trump to get enough electoral votes to win. But those polls were badly incorrect. Clearly many did not admit they would vote for him. Others were undecided until late, Comey's late stunt hurt the Dems too so things can change between now and election day.

To me, it is going to come down to turn out. And I do believe that Atlkvb has a valid point, a swing of several percentage points in any voting constituency could be a game changer. I know several in my office that quietly have mentioned they have seen the bump in their 401 Ks which was good for their families. Is this enough to overcome the constant negative press and the damage he has done to himself by his tweets? Time will tell. As a person, don't like him much but don't care much for Hillary or Maxine or Pelosi either. So, like before, I will just have to vote my wallet.

I'll believe Trump is increasing in popularity among blacks when I see it at the polling place. I doubt it's happening. There is sort of an opening because the Democrats have done so little for blacks for so long and a backlash is happening against them on that but Trump is just not playing this smart. If he would just clearly in plain words slam the racists...real ones I mean, not like how everyone calls everyone else a racist but just make plain that you really are on black folks side but that it's better for them to figure out ways to depend on themselves instead of on the government, then I think the message would have some resonance. But he just can't or won't do it.

It's a similar thing with McCain. Okay, you fight with him awhile, but when it becomes clear he's dying of cancer and he's a former GOP POTUS candidate and a war hero and beloved and respected on both sides of the aisle, you make up with him some instead of letting him die while you're at war with him and then having this big, high profile, emotional funeral that the POTUS is not welcome at. When is the last time a sitting POTUS was not welcome at the funeral of ANY former Presidential nominee, much less one of the same party? I bet it hasn't happened in my lifetime.

I don't get it. I know that playing to anger can be used as a political tool but you can't play it constantly because people just get worn out. You have to play nice guy at least now and then but Trump just won't do it.

Agree it was stupid to carry the McCain grudge into his last days. Claiming not to be a racist, however, simply does not work when the tweets and perception are otherwise. That would just be an invitation to smear more negativity on that point. The only way to combat that perception is with actions:
*Continue to drive down unemployment so youth have options to joining gangs
*Avoid any association with far right groups.
*Continue to improve safety in the city neighborhoods by fighting drugs and gangs
*Show compassion like he did when he pardoned Alice Johnson
*Actually tone down the rhetoric
*Continue to stoke the economy/markets
*Associate more with Candice Owens and less with Amorosa and Stormy​
Can he do these things? Yes, but its not in his nature. Too much of a fighter and too big of an ego.

I do hope that he is successful because too many have suffered with trouble in our cities. It would be good for our country to make improvements there.

I know several in my office that quietly have mentioned they have seen the bump in their 401 Ks which was good for their families

This is an excellent point and one which quite frankly is overlooked in all of the "Trump's a racist" commentary. Black people spend the same money (dollars) other races do, and purchase the same products, eat the same food, drive the same automobiles, and purchase the same housing, clothing, or other consumer goods as most Americans. If Trump's policies allow them to do that in greater numbers, who is to say they won't be voting for a continuation of those same policies?

I can assure you, the Democrats aren't offering anything superior and Blacks aren't voting for anyone out of "sympathy" or "loyalty". They will vote their pocketbooks, as most Americans do. So the point you make about that and 401Ks is a very valid one.

Excellent post.:eek:kay:

Reactions: JWG66
This is an excellent point and one which quite frankly is overlooked in all of the "Trump's a racist" commentary. Black people spend the same money (dollars) other races do, and purchase the same products, eat the same food, drive the same automobiles, and purchase the same housing, clothing, or other consumer goods as most Americans. If Trump's policies allow them to do that in greater numbers, who is to say they won't be voting for a continuation of those same policies?

I can assure you, the Democrats aren't offering anything superior and Blacks aren't voting for anyone out of "sympathy" or "loyalty". They will vote their pocketbooks, as most Americans do. So the point you make about that and 401Ks is a very valid one.

Excellent post.:eek:kay:

Thanks. Actually took that from my brother. He is a mortgage broker. He says he doesn't see black or white, only green. Think you said that truth earlier too. Funny how $$ can be a common thread.

I'll believe Trump is increasing in popularity among blacks when I see it at the polling place. I doubt it's happening. There is sort of an opening because the Democrats have done so little for blacks for so long and a backlash is happening against them on that but Trump is just not playing this smart. If he would just clearly in plain words slam the racists...real ones I mean, not like how everyone calls everyone else a racist but just make plain that you really are on black folks side but that it's better for them to figure out ways to depend on themselves instead of on the government, then I think the message would have some resonance. But he just can't or won't do it.

It's a similar thing with McCain. Okay, you fight with him awhile, but when it becomes clear he's dying of cancer and he's a former GOP POTUS candidate and a war hero and beloved and respected on both sides of the aisle, you make up with him some instead of letting him die while you're at war with him and then having this big, high profile, emotional funeral that the POTUS is not welcome at. When is the last time a sitting POTUS was not welcome at the funeral of ANY former Presidential nominee, much less one of the same party? I bet it hasn't happened in my lifetime.

I don't get it. I know that playing to anger can be used as a political tool but you can't play it constantly because people just get worn out. You have to play nice guy at least now and then but Trump just won't do it.

Trump's supporters think he is "nice" and they continue to support him because he is doing exactly what he told them he was going to do. That's why they voted for him, and will do so again. All the Left can do is smear him or make fun of his supporters because they can't defeat him politically and they have no better solutions to top the results of his ongoing policies.

Thanks. Actually took that from my brother. He is a mortgage broker. He says he doesn't see black or white, only green. Think you said that truth earlier too. Funny how $$ can be a common thread.

Money is the mother's milk of politics and the dividing line between who wins and who loses. It knows no race, or gender, or personality. It only goes to those who understand it, and know how to use it to get maximum results.

Trump knows both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT