ADVERTISEMENT

Daryl Porter Jr. ...

spreadoption

All-Conference
Dec 21, 2001
posted on Twitter that he is transferring.

Another one jumps ship, swimming away from HCNB's sinking program and heading for dry land.

At this rate, the first four posters who reply to this message and have eligibility returning will likely be the starters in the secondary next year.

Remember when HCNB said we'll more starters returning than most teams in the country next year? Shouldn't count your chickens before they're hatched.

the volume of players in the portal, by team is staggering. One site has USC at 17 and WVU at 4. Porter's hasn't caught up yet. There are WVU players who went into the portal in August and thereafter, the fall who were not picked up while those that did, very few went to a better school. So be careful what you ask for. You either don't get it or get less.

The portal is here to stay, it's changed the face of college football, and all coaches have to deal with it. If a kid isn't getting what it wants, when he wants it as well as getting bad advice to leave, then they leave.

I don't blame Neal for this. It will contribute to his loses though. It's a kid's pursuit of wanting something now and a decision to pursuit it elsewhere. The loss of depth then reveals itself on the field. Loss to the portal is not Neal's fault. The system created this, not Neal.

I never try to keep an employee that isn't committed to my organization.

the volume of players in the portal, by team is staggering. One site has USC at 17 and WVU at 4. Porter's hasn't caught up yet. There are WVU players who went into the portal in August and thereafter, the fall who were not picked up while those that did, very few went to a better school. So be careful what you ask for. You either don't get it or get less.

The portal is here to stay, it's changed the face of college football, and all coaches have to deal with it. If a kid isn't getting what it wants, when he wants it as well as getting bad advice to leave, then they leave.

I don't blame Neal for this. It will contribute to his loses though. It's a kid's pursuit of wanting something now and a decision to pursuit it elsewhere. The loss of depth then reveals itself on the field. Loss to the portal is not Neal's fault. The system created this, not Neal.

I never try to keep an employee that isn't committed to my organization.
August is always when the yearly portal starts. It is counted from that month on to the following August. Currently 17 players from August-February have entered the portal. This one hurts as he is the most experienced DB that was coming back. Now he will go to Miami and be a third stringer.

Another one jumps ship, swimming away from HCNB's sinking program and heading for dry land.

At this rate, the first four posters who reply to this message and have eligibility returning will likely be the starters in the secondary next year.

Remember when HCNB said we'll more starters returning than most teams in the country next year? Shouldn't count your chickens before they're hatched.

This is definitely not looking good for Brown. His only positives left after 3 seasons were his recruiting, which took a hit down the stretch as 2 higher rated recruits bailed, and his family/team culture. Now starters with clear cut jobs are leaving. Brown better deliver something special in his next 2 seasons (thanks Lyons for your premature rewards). And by that I mean a 10 win season AND more than 1 big win against a legit team. A 7-8 win season followed by a 8-9 win season is just not enough ROI for these last 3 years.

The HC yes, bears responsibility in players wanting to be part of a program or not. Brown lost 20 + players his first year before the portal even began.

Players everywhere are leaving, but WVU has lost most of its depth and it continues to get worse.

The HC does not bear responsibility for a player not wanting to be a part of the program if the reason to leave is money, to be closer to home because of home sickness, the lure a lie told to them to play more some where else, or because he isn't better than the other recruit out performing him. These kids think what they are doing is a better situation. The QB that left college because OU's Williams left for another was not caused by the HC. These people are looking for a better deal and think the portal, in part, is the answer. Also, there has been no other poster blaming other coaches for their team's exodus so in essence this is simply a talking point by to blast WVU because Neal is well WVU. He is a perceived weakness and issue of vulnerability for those here with personality disorders driven to provoke others. Is that you Chad, Knox, or Kenny Chesney? LOL!

The HC does not bear responsibility for a player not wanting to be a part of the program if the reason to leave is money, to be closer to home because of home sickness, the lure a lie told to them to play more some where else, or because he isn't better than the other recruit out performing him. These kids think what they are doing is a better situation. The QB that left college because OU's Williams left for another was not caused by the HC. These people are looking for a better deal and think the portal, in part, is the answer. Also, there has been no other poster blaming other coaches for their team's exodus so in essence this is simply a talking point by to blast WVU because Neal is well WVU. He is a perceived weakness and issue of vulnerability for those here with personality disorders driven to provoke others. Is that you Chad, Knox, or Kenny Chesney? LOL!
Dead wrong.

Of the now 17 WVU players that have entered the portal this season (start of fall camp till now) Porter was a full time starter, Doogie the QB and one other DB that was a part time starter. Were there any other full or part time regulars that have left since fall 2021 camp?

That's the very VALID point that the deniers are trying to hide. At WVU STARTERS are leaving the program. Not someone sitting on the bench, STARTERS.

The secondary story deniers shoot out is that it must be the NIL, but no evidence is presented to show that these players leaving WVU are getting some NIL or NIL boost that they were unable to acquire at WVU. That is then just a story. But in reality players are leaving.

Stay on point Don Lemon, Jr. The primary story is someone leaving trying to be blamed on the HC. The retort is many schools have players leaving. No comment about why other schools have players leaving or even posts blaming their losses on the HC but WVU players leaving is speculated to be because of Neal. Yet the the overwhelming evidence why players leave are for reasons outside of the HC driving them away, yet generally focus in the immediate gratification of the involved player.

And this is why the route to get attention is gained from to a free message board. Congrats on your multiple names because you can't achieve credibility with one.

Prove your point, bitch or stay a message board personality flunky. And Target took you in as an employee! Low times.

Lol...this retort from a deliverance type using Big Lick as a name. Can't make this up. Do you walk into all locker rooms and announce..."Big Lick is in the house?"
Ha! you are fairly young and stupid. It's the result of very bad parenting so you can't be fully to blame. BigLick is the Indian name for Roanoke Virginia. Big Stick for Lynchburg.

At a minimum, I still get into a locker room and have major credibility because once I'm seen, I am remembered. You get a message board where you live under multiple names and rapidly are irrelevant. LOL!

Ha! you are fairly young and stupid. It's the result of very bad parenting so you can't be fully to blame. BigLick is the Indian name for Roanoke Virginia. Big Stick for Lynchburg.

At a minimum, I still get into a locker room and have major credibility because once I'm seen, I am remembered. You get a message board where you live under multiple names and rapidly are irrelevant. LOL!
Do you drool often?

Under Kneel Clown Mountaineer football will soon be reduced to junior college status with players making a quick stop on their way to someplace else.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Do you drool often?
why yes I do but only when I sleep. thanks for asking.

you really aren't good at this. Are you still a cashier at Target claiming to be able to dunk? Made it to supervisor yet?

Stay on topic and at least try to make an argument for what you are claiming, otherwise surrender to your other message board names to provide you pseudo-back up. Neal didn't drive them off. Greed and selfishness did. When are you going to grow up? LOL.

I think two things about this:
1.) We need to save “once a Mountaineer, always a Mountaineer” for kids who have earned the right. Those who get their degree or go pro.
2.) Universities need to come together and only give scholarships that are binding in some form or fashion. That can be binding both ways to protect the kids. If they want their freedom, get a NIL deal and pay their own way through school. That way if you’ve invested in the kid as a university, they can’t just jump ship. They could still be eligible for NIL, but if they accept that scholarship, it needs to be binding at some level.

1.) We need to save “once a Mountaineer, always a Mountaineer” for kids who have earned the right. Those who get their degree or go pro.
2.) Universities need to come together and only give scholarships that are binding in some form or fashion. That can be binding both ways to protect the kids. If they want their freedom, get a NIL deal and pay their own way through school. That way if you’ve invested in the kid as a university, they can’t just jump ship. They could still be eligible for NIL, but if they accept that scholarship, it needs to be binding at some level.
Spot on.

Reactions: locustwv
why yes I do but only when I sleep. thanks for asking.

you really aren't good at this. Are you still a cashier at Target claiming to be able to dunk? Made it to supervisor yet?

Stay on topic and at least try to make an argument for what you are claiming, otherwise surrender to your other message board names to provide you pseudo-back up. Neal didn't drive them off. Greed and selfishness did. When are you going to grow up? LOL.
Lol. I'm not claiming anything. Are you still hearing voices in your head?

Just passing this along. I have no clue what is happening in Morgantown.

Former Mountaineer Indicates There are Major Problems Within WVU Football Program​

Following the announcement that West Virginia Mountaineers starting cornerback Daryl Porter Jr. is leaving the program and entering the transfer portal, former West Virginia star and current Kansas City Chiefs defensive lineman Darius Stills took to social media to give his thoughts on what’s happening in college football...

You seriously posted a Brad smith article. Wow…

Poor board gonna poor

If schools like WVU dont give players scholarships because people want to restrict others rights to make a living like everyone else supposedly can, then no players will be coming to your school- end of story.

Greed and selfishness are the reason NIL exists- Not from the players side of things, but from the coaches, ADs, universities and conferences and NCAA officers that have been sucking in billions and not sharing any of it with the players until the legal system forced them to.

Last edited:
Other than the 2-1/2 starters I mentioned, are there no others starters in the 17 portal players from WVU?

If schools like WVU dont give players scholarships because people want to restrict others rights to make a living like everyone else supposedly can, then no players will be coming to your school- end of story.

Greed and selfishness are the reason NIL exists- Not from the players side of things, but from the coaches, ADs, universities and conferences and NCAA officers that have been sucking in billions and not sharing any of it with the players until the legal system forced them to.
sure thing AOC.

Spoken like a true libtard.

Reactions: Rootmaster
The HC yes, bears responsibility in players wanting to be part of a program or not. Brown lost 20 + players his first year before the portal even began.

Players everywhere are leaving, but WVU has lost most of its depth and it continues to get worse.
[roll]

• Haha
Reactions: SeronimusPratt

Chad, is WVU not giving scholarships to players because people want to restrict others rights to make a living? If so, who did they not give a scholarship to under your accusation?

And don't confuse the use of "greed and selfishness" as applied in this tread. An opinion can certainly be supported greed and selfishness is a factor in why NIL is a reality, however, greed and selfishness too can be supported on why players enter the portal. Greed (open to application.........not just money) and selfishness. (open to application......not the HC) are portal issue just like any other decision for a desired outcome. It's the secondary gain these players are seeking by entering the portal and it's not always money or playing time.

Chad, is WVU not giving scholarships to players because people want to restrict others rights to make a living? If so, who did they not give a scholarship to under your accusation?

And don't confuse the use of "greed and selfishness" as applied in this tread. An opinion can certainly be supported greed and selfishness is a factor in why NIL is a reality, however, greed and selfishness too can be supported on why players enter the portal. Greed (open to application.........not just money) and selfishness. (open to application......not the HC) are portal issue just like any other decision for a desired outcome. It's the secondary gain these players are seeking by entering the portal and it's not always money or playing time.
Fred, its a known fact that coaches, ADs, schools, conferences and the NCAA itself have been pulling in billions each year on the backs of the athletes earning the money. They paid $0 and $0 back to the athletes for the time, work and effort put in by the players.

Now that the players have proved in courts of law that they are in fact being illegally held back from earning a living as everyone else is supposed to be allowed to do, people like yourself are using the typical right wing response of turning the tables from what was DONE to the players into what the players are doing to the people that oppressed them throughout the history of college athletics.

Why are you not concerned with what coaches, ADs, schools, conferences and/or the NCAA earn and put in their pockets off the backs of the players? Why are you not concerned with coaches and ADs moving freely from job to job as they see fit, or students in general, but for some reason athletes have the same rights and its "greed and selfishness"? Its not "greed and selfishness", its a combination of not being happy where you are--due to factors like the head coach, and for a small number (and we have little factual knowledge of what the majority of players are getting in NIL), the ability to earn more somewhere else.

Now if you aren't disabled or retired, YOU can switch jobs as you see fit, or even if its not a job, seek the highest monetary opportunity as you feel benefits you and is possible. So then why are you so bothered that student athletes can do the same?

And since at WVU STARTERS are leaving, not people disgruntled because they are sitting on the bench, its perfectly clear by the sheer numbers that there are internal problems at WVU that go beyond NIL issues. Especially true since no one knows if someone offered WVU players more money to go somewhere else--people are just creating the myth that is happening to excuse that perhaps coaching is the reason. But we have actual evidence from actual players from football and basketball at WVU that have said coaching problems are EXACTLY what the problem of players departing earlier than expected at WVU is coming from. Of course people make up lies and excuses or simply censor those messages (sort of like banning factual history as is going on around the country now in schools, so a few can pretend that factual history doesn't exist).

Last edited:

Not at all when we seem to have a preponderance of ROTTEN EGGS in the incubator.

Not at all when we seem to have a preponderance of ROTTEN EGGS in the incubator.

I find it hard to believe that all of them are bad eggs. Some might be, but there is a possibility that the dysfunction we see on the field is dysfunction in the coaching staff's way of doing things and the players are leaving legitimately due to it. Both could be true to varying degree, but it certainly isn't black and white.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rootmaster
Other than the 2-1/2 starters I mentioned, are there no others starters in the 17 portal players from WVU?
Several starters have left WVU since Neal Brown arrived. A few right now, others are already GONE. And with the hefty numbers of players WVU has already lost, three starters is three too many.

• Haha
Reactions: SeronimusPratt
I'll add to this:

If a player leaves school, is on scholarship, then the team that selects him from the portal should be required to back up and pay the university for the number of years the player attended school and was on the team. That would put a quick end to a lot of this nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT