ADVERTISEMENT

Crawford

dbolt4wvu

Freshman
Sep 2, 2006
Watching the game again this morning and I'm thinking that there is something going on with Crawford. Obviously he got banged up a little bit later on in the game but, that's not what I'm talking about. He's lost intensity somehow.

He has little to no initial burst and hasn't had in two weeks. Sure, he has had a couple decent runs but, if you look at those runs, the running lane was beautifully there. If you pay attention, he even takes the ball almost apprehensively; seems reluctant.

Thoughts?

Watching the game again this morning and I'm thinking that there is something going on with Crawford. Obviously he got banged up a little bit later on in the game but, that's not what I'm talking about. He's lost intensity somehow.

He has little to no initial burst and hasn't had in two weeks. Sure, he has had a couple decent runs but, if you look at those runs, the running lane was beautifully there. If you pay attention, he even takes the ball almost apprehensively; seems reluctant.

Thoughts?
I was wondering why he didn't come back in after the 1st quarter thinking maybe he got hurt. Holgorsen mentioned him in his press conference that basically he didn't know what was going on with Crawford alluding to the fact that maybe he was overall a bit banged up midway through season. Apparently, coaches noticed his diminished effectiveness and stuck with McCoy and Pettaway for remainder of game. Hope he bounces back. We need him.

Reactions: dbolt4wvu
Caridi and Wallace were talking about him having a shoulder problem the past couple of weeks during the game broadcast. They were speculating that it was bothering him again when he went off the field in the first quarter acting like he was having problems with one arm.

I truely believe Crawford is injured be it his shoulder or arm. Something is going on. Hopefully he gets back to his early season capabilities. If not then McCoy and Pettaway(sp?) need to start and rest Crawford let him heal up and rest. We will need him at 100% for the Big XII championship game.

Thoughts?
Crawford has been preserving himself for these last 5 money games. He is going to have a breakout game this week vs OSU.

It's very difficult for an RB to be at his peak when he's hurt, particularly the shoulder. Receivers can get by with it better because they're not being pounded on every carry. WVU's RB by committee helps that situation.

He's probably sick of getting creamed at the line since the o-line sucks at run blocking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT