ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches hot seat

Would rather be #30 than #8. Especially since #30 just got a raise and extension. Have a nice evening. Maybe your mommy will give you treat later on.

I see Harbaugh is #1. Enjoy this season ISU. It could all be over soon.

Reactions: locustwv
#30 said you don’t have enough pennies in your piggy bank to get him fired
People with the money think he is a great coach and just gave him an extension

I need you to come over and wash my cars today and mow my lawn. Preferably before 10 am
We shall see what another five win season brings. Maybe hell hire you to polish his knob

Top 9 hot seats are that EVERY year because so much money and prestige is on the line. Notice #1 is a legend at his school but he is in as much jeopardy as Rich was when he went there. There donors with big money want instant gratification or they toss another guy into the hot seat. Revolving doors never create a good situation. Just ask WVU which hasn't been able to keep a coach in forever (Nehlen doesn't count because he had one foot out the door begging Ohio State to take him and would vanished in the night like Rich). If Neal Brown wins the Big 12, he's gone a few years later to an Alabama, an Ohio State, an Oklahoma, a school with big money and big prestige behind it. It's our history!

Top 9 hot seats are that EVERY year because so much money and prestige is on the line. Notice #1 is a legend at his school but he is in as much jeopardy as Rich was when he went there. There donors with big money want instant gratification or they toss another guy into the hot seat. Revolving doors never create a good situation. Just ask WVU which hasn't been able to keep a coach in forever (Nehlen doesn't count because he had one foot out the door begging Ohio State to take him and would vanished in the night like Rich). If Neal Brown wins the Big 12, he's gone a few years later to an Alabama, an Ohio State, an Oklahoma, a school with big money and big prestige behind it. It's our history!
Surprise. The Ohio State job WAS offered to Don Nehlen. He met with them and they wanted to immediately announce it, but Nehlen wanted it to wait till after the 87 season. They said no and he walked away. They hired someone else and OSU postponed the next year’s visit to Morgantown. He never begged for any job. Anyone who has followed the program and knew him would know better.

Reactions: Euell and WVUALLEN
Surprise. The Ohio State job WAS offered to Don Nehlen. He met with them and they wanted to immediately announce it, but Nehlen wanted it to wait till after the 87 season. They said no and he walked away. They hired someone else and OSU postponed the next year’s visit to Morgantown. He never begged for any job. Anyone who has followed the program and knew him would know better.
CFE continues to prove he's a fraud.

That is completely wrong g about Nehlen. You of all people should know that.

NOT QUITE ACCURATE. NEHLEN WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE JOB IF OHIO STATE HAD OFFERED IT. NEGOTIATIONS FELL THROUGH SO HE STAYED AT WVU. BUT HE WAS READY TO LEAVE AND I WOULDN'T BLAME HIM. EVERY OTHER SUCCESSFUL COACH HAS LEFT WVU. WE ARE A STEPPING STONE TO MORE ELITE PROGRAMS. ALWAY HAVE BEEN.

NOT QUITE ACCURATE. NEHLEN WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE JOB IF OHIO STATE HAD OFFERED IT. NEGOTIATIONS FELL THROUGH SO HE STAYED AT WVU. BUT HE WAS READY TO LEAVE AND I WOULDN'T BLAME HIM. EVERY OTHER SUCCESSFUL COACH HAS LEFT WVU. WE ARE A STEPPING STONE TO MORE ELITE PROGRAMS. ALWAY HAVE BEEN.
You feeling ok Mr Biden? You need another sedative. Your dementia seems to have you confused.

You feeling ok Mr Biden? You need another sedative. Your dementia seems to have you confused.

Nehlen went after the Ohio State job TWICE.

The first time in 1979 when Woody Hayes was fired and Nehlen was assistant to Bo Schembechler at Michigan. He didn’t even make the final cut to the final 6 coaches to be interviewed.

Then in 1987 Nehlen went after the Ohio State job AGAIN when Earl Bruce was fired. Nehlen was among the final 5 being considered. But his 4-7 record while Arizona State’s John Cooper was going 10-1-1 and beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl left Nehlen out again.

He never tried again.

Read it for yourself at

Nehlen Nearly Became OSU Head Coach – Twice | Rea's Day Blog (wordpress.com)

You ageism attack is evil and feeble and tells a LOT about YOU, not me. Nehlen wanted the Ohio State job so bad he could taste it. He stayed at WVU as his fallback position. I realize you can't handle the truth. That's on you.

Nehlen went after the Ohio State job TWICE.

The first time in 1979 when Woody Hayes was fired and Nehlen was assistant to Bo Schembechler at Michigan. He didn’t even make the final cut to the final 6 coaches to be interviewed.

Then in 1987 Nehlen went after the Ohio State job AGAIN when Earl Bruce was fired. Nehlen was among the final 5 being considered. But his 4-7 record while Arizona State’s John Cooper was going 10-1-1 and beating Michigan in the Rose Bowl left Nehlen out again.

He never tried again.

Read it for yourself at

Nehlen Nearly Became OSU Head Coach – Twice | Rea's Day Blog (wordpress.com)

You ageism attack is evil and feeble and tells a LOT about YOU, not me. Nehlen wanted the Ohio State job so bad he could taste it. He stayed at WVU as his fallback position. I realize you can't handle the truth. That's on you.
I realize you can't understand simple language or who questioned the hiring of or application of Don Nehlen. Perhaps you should read the 2 replies from the ones before me and your simple mind might see.

Perhaps you might even read the article you claim as 100 percent correct but probably isn't. Instead of cutting and pasting.

You may now log on as your other profile you senile twit liberal leftist.

Go be educated by the real Don Nehlen...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT