ADVERTISEMENT

Buzzster, what's up with Wheeling Jesuit on Saturday? I

Tonycried2

All-Conference
Jun 25, 2008
guess Clarksburg Franciscans weren't available? Hahahahahahahahahahahaa....play those guys in mid December and too chicken shit to call it a regular season game. Who plays exhibitions in mid December? Hahahahahaahaha...you boys take the cake!

guess Clarksburg Franciscans weren't available? Hahahahahahahahahahahaa....play those guys in mid December and too chicken shit to call it a regular season game. Who plays exhibitions in mid December? Hahahahahaahaha...you boys take the cake!

It was an exhibition game, plain and simple. Stats don't count. Scores don't matter. It won't be recorded in the record books as a WVU win. Only in Huntington does a supposed Div. 1 team play a MEC team and call it a regular season game. Concord this year, WV Wesleyan last year..............I'm beginning to see a trend.

It was an exhibition game, plain and simple. Stats don't count. Scores don't matter. It won't be recorded in the record books as a WVU win. Only in Huntington does a supposed Div. 1 team play a MEC team and call it a regular season game. Concord this year, WV Wesleyan last year..............I'm beginning to see a trend.
Why not call it a regular season game? Trying to save face? Hahahahahhahaha..nobody plays "exhibition' games in mid December!

Why not call it a regular season game? Trying to save face? Hahahahahhahaha..nobody plays "exhibition' games in mid December!

Maybe you missed the part where I explained that the stats didn't count, the score doesn't matter, and it won't be recorded in the books as a WVU win......unlike Doctrine Dan, who uses games with MEC teams to boost his win total.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Let's see. After the week of finals when practice time is going to be a mess, why not place one of your exhibition games there? A smart move I think. Players not having to study up on the opponent, but on their classes.

In the eyes of the tournament selection committee Doctrine Danny's resume would look better with a loss to #10 WVU rather than a win over Concord.................but he would rather play former WVIAC teams and consider them regular season games to bolster his personal W-L record. Huggs doesn't need to do that to get his team invited to the big dance.

Tony, as you know, WVU'S trip to Germany got in way of us playing our second scrimmage when we normally do.

Maybe you missed the part where I explained that the stats didn't count, the score doesn't matter, and it won't be recorded in the books as a WVU win......unlike Doctrine Dan, who uses games with MEC teams to boost his win total.
Who cares if you count the stats? I noticed that you turned the score board on, Hahahahhahahhaha.

newberry already had a game scheduled....

H
Tony, as you know, WVU'S trip to Germany got in way of us playing our second scrimmage when we normally do.
Hey it doesn't matter to us who you boys play, just pointing out hypocritical it is to rip us for playing Concord the first week of the regular season , then play the Jesuits ( not Notre Dame) in mid December and sell it as a "exhibition" game!

I noticed the game is AT Xavier.........I guess they are afraid to play in Huntington too ?

Not likely. Xavier maybe.............Marshall, as Huggs has already said, "that's laughable".
Hell, when Huggy was at UC he tried his best to get the X game cancelled!

Kind of like what Doctrine Danny accomplished with regards to having to play WVU ?
Danny just pointed out the winless nature of WVU visits to Huntington and Huggy let the facts offend him. Maybe the fat red nose would go for MU-WVU in a mid December "exhibition"?

Danny just pointed out the winless nature of WVU visits to Huntington and Huggy let the facts offend him.

No, that's not what he did. What Doctrine Dan did was to propose that WVU and Marshall play two games every year. Morgantown and Charleston one year, and Charleston and Huntington the next year, and that if Huggins didn't agree with those conditions it meant that he was afraid of Marshall.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sport...cle_3350d5bc-8df3-5a44-9088-664d777d2ede.html

That's the kind of diplomacy that gets your team out of having to play a far superior one and leaves you scheduling the likes of WV Wesleyan and Concord College in a regular season game !

Last edited:
No, that's not what he did. What Doctrine Dan did was to propose that WVU and Marshall play two games every year. Morgantown and Charleston one year, and Charleston and Morgantown the next year, and that if Huggins didn't agree with those conditions it meant that he was afraid of Marshall.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sport...cle_3350d5bc-8df3-5a44-9088-664d777d2ede.html

That's the kind of diplomacy that gets your team out of having to play a far superior one and leaves you scheduling the likes of WV Wesleyan and Concord College in a regular season game !
So playing the Jesuits is OK because you called it a December "exhibition" ! hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

So playing the Jesuits is OK because you called it a December "exhibition" ! hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Whatever you say, but I take some comfort in this -

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

I tried to find Marshall in those polls but couldn't. Marshall will never get there as long as they play MEC teams and regard them as regular season games. hhahahahahahahahahahah

Whatever you say, but I take some comfort in this -

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

I tried to find Marshall in those polls but couldn't. Marshall will never get there as long as they play MEC teams and regard them as regular season games. hhahahahahahahahahahah
Tell Huggy to stay away from the Franciscans...they'll throw a zone at his bricklayers and they lose the "exhibition".

Tony, why don’t your boys make the NCAA tournament and then maybe WVU will talk.

Right now, mooU is pretty much on par with Wheeling Jesuit on our GAF-meter and actually drops our overall SOS. No thanks

H

Hey it doesn't matter to us who you boys play, just pointing out hypocritical it is to rip us for playing Concord the first week of the regular season , then play the Jesuits ( not Notre Dame) in mid December and sell it as a "exhibition" game!
Not selling. It was an exhibition game. Hard for small minds to rape their minds around simple concepts. Try to keep up Tony.

Tony probably doesnt realize we beat Notre Dame this year because it was in a tournament no Marshall fan has ever watched.

Why does that matter Tony? No amount of explaining will dent that small brain of yours. Win something of note and get back to us. You have a chance tonight.

Why does that matter Tony? No amount of explaining will dent that small brain of yours. Win something of note and get back to us. You have a chance tonight.
It matters because you boys made a Federal case out of us playing Concord the opening week of the season but you boys play the Jesuits in mid December under the guise of a "exhibition". Don't attack us and then do the same damn thing! Or at least have the intellectual honesty to call any game in December that the scoreboard is turned on for what it is!

Two weeks ago:
AP poll WVU 18 w/ 7-1 record

One week ago:
AP poll WVU 11 w/ 9-1 record
Wins over UVA & Pitt

This week:
AP poll WVU 10 w/ 9-1 record

Maybe you herdies should get in touch with the AP and complain that they left out the big win over WJU.

Well beating Wheeling would be a big win for the herd. Sorry for injecting facts into this thread.

It matters because you boys made a Federal case out of us playing Concord the opening week of the season but you boys play the Jesuits in mid December under the guise of a "exhibition". Don't attack us and then do the same damn thing! Or at least have the intellectual honesty to call any game in December that the scoreboard is turned on for what it is!
Well actually we called what it was, an exhibition game. WVU would have played it earlier but traveling to Germany caused it to move it back to December. The difference between the two games is one counts and one does not. Now you know that you can only play an open exhibition game against a team from a lower division. You are not required to play a lower division game in the regular season. Perhaps you are being so defensive that you are unable to see how ignorant you look.

We play a MEC team as an exhibition, Marshall plays what should be called an exhibition game and considers it a regular season game. I think the Herd camp is the one not calling it what it is.

Reactions: Stone_Cold
It was like playing Marshall but with fewer fouls

Well actually we called what it was, an exhibition game. WVU would have played it earlier but traveling to Germany caused it to move it back to December. The difference between the two games is one counts and one does not. Now you know that you can only play an open exhibition game against a team from a lower division. You are not required to play a lower division game in the regular season. Perhaps you are being so defensive that you are unable to see how ignorant you look.
...or how disingenuous you boys are! But we're used to that!

...or how disingenuous you boys are! But we're used to that!
Marshall can play exhibition worthy games and count them if they want. We can play exhibition games that don't count when we want. The issue is WVU's schedule strength will end up in the top 25 and turds in the 200's. 12-0

Marshall can play exhibition worthy games and count them if they want. We can play exhibition games that don't count when we want. The issue is WVU's schedule strength will end up in the top 25 and turds in the 200's. 12-0
Those games ain't counted in SOS anyway, so why not just call it an official game or just call it a scrimmage and don't turn the scoreboard on rather than suggest that you knuckleheads are too good to play the Jesuits in an official game.

Bring on those Muskies! I know Huggy ain't got the 'nads to play 'em!
Wow. For a coach with no "nads" and supposedly tried to drop the"X" from the schedule, Huggs played them every year (16) that he was at UC.

Care to makeup anything else before the end of the day?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT