ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Stewart Won 9 Games Every Year

Because they didn’t have quality talent on that team in 2008........

Their defense was awful and their offense was inconsistent outside of Hicks.... hell, they didn’t even know which QB to use in 2008

Reactions: GetWithTheTimesMan
Back to modern times, back to today and not to live in the past....and the reason for this discussion

Don Nehlen w Doc Holiday w Kirlav and later with Bill Stewart proved that recruiting to Morgantown was NOT a impossible task.

Recruiting to Morgantown
is a challenge, but not impossible ....

But the Iowa State game was revealing
that Holgorsen needs recruiting innovation and change....or he'll "flame out"

Reactions: Rootmaster
Back to modern times, back to today and not to live in the past....and the reason for this discussion

Don Nehlen w Doc Holiday w Kirlav

Don Nehlen w Doc Holiday w Kirlav took 2 and 3 star players and coached them up. They also took transfers from many other schools as well.

Don Nehlen w Doc Holiday w Kirlav took 2 and 3 star players and coached them up. They also took transfers from many other schools as well.

Yes excellent comment ALLEN

I thought to mention that,
but was already "long winded"....

Purging Galloway, of sorts
by not promoting Galloway to OC was in effect purging all natural recruiters....

The fallout of Kirlav leaving
didn't help either...Kirlav, what a character......another natural recruiter

Again, recruiting to Morgantown is not a impossible task...

Don Nehlen w Doc Holiday w Kirlav and later with Bill Stewart proved that recruiting to Morgantown was NOT a impossible task.

Recruiting to Morgantown

Yes, and history tells us we can compete at a national level every 4 to 5 years. This is a fair expectation.

we compete at a national level almost every year

We've had one bad season since 2001
On a national level would be like the 88 or 93 season when you win the conference and play in a big bowl game. Or when we played Georgia, OU, or Clemson

we compete at a national level almost every year

We've had one bad season since 2001
Your like Getyournumbersup used to be. We should be happy with average seasonsbecause we are like Michigan State.

Your like Getyournumbersup used to be. We should be happy with average seasonsbecause we are like Michigan State.

you're a longtime WVU fan, correct? That means you're happy with being average................ otherwise you wouldn't be here. We're a program who has averaged 7 wins a season since 1980

Save us your "I don't accept mediocrity" bullshit.....

you're a longtime WVU fan, correct? That means you're happy with being average...

yeah...if you are from WV, went to WVU, grew up in WV, or wear old gold and blue then you are loser...and will never be a winner. we understand that is your stance Keatonsjackass. Hey I guess you don't have to want to achieve while you are still living in a basement with your mommy...huh? What a tool.

you're a longtime WVU fan, correct? That means you're happy with being average................ otherwise you wouldn't be here. We're a program who has averaged 7 wins a season since 1980

Save us your "I don't accept mediocrity" bullshit.....
I did not use the word mediocrity so please get your facts correct. I said there is no reason we should not be able to compete on a high national level once every 4 or 5 years. Dana did it his first year, so with the additional money from the Big 12, added exposure, and past the transition phase we should be about ready to compete for a conference championship. Its a fair expectation because we have done that in the past.

I did not use the word mediocrity so please get your facts correct. I said there is no reason we should not be able to compete on a high national level once every 4 or 5 years. Dana did it his first year, so with the additional money from the Big 12, added exposure, and past the transition phase we should be about ready to compete for a conference championship. Its a fair expectation because we have done that in the past.

we just did that in 2016

Won the conference? Were we in contention for the playoffs or one of the Top 10?

look at that goal post move!

Sorry you took a small window of our program's existence during a time when our conference was the weakest it had ever been (once VT, Miami and BC left) and made that your new expectations annually............ instead of realizing what it was and just enjoying it

look at that goal post move!

Sorry you took a small window of our program's existence during a time when our conference was the weakest it had ever been (once VT, Miami and BC left) and made that your new expectations annually............ instead of realizing what it was and just enjoying it
What did I say above...1988, 1993, and the national bowl games against Georgia, OU, and Clemson...those came with conference championships and big Top 10 team bowl games...no moving goal posts...its a pattern that we have played at a high level and we can and should expect that moving forward.....to me this was the year that we compete at that level...maybe we still will

"its a pattern that we have played at a high level and we can and should expect that moving forward"

shew........... 5 events over the course of 30 seasons is not a "pattern"

5 great seasons (and actually 6 when you accept that 2016 was so as well) in 30 years is not what you make expectations upon in a logical world.

You just don't like Dana Holgorsen............. wish you'd just be honest here and post what you really want to say ...

I mean, you kind of did on Page 1:

"Its a miracle Dana made it past his first two years. Don't get me wrong this has worked out much better then I ever thought"

So as our team sits 5-1 and ranked #13................. you're already writing off the season and calling for Dana's head...

well, because that was your plan since before the season started........ just as it's been your plan since 2011........ per your own words.

What's funny is that if this team does have success and win 9 or 10 games to finish the regular season, 5150 will just tuck tail and run back to the Marshall board where he went to after the 2016 season

Recruiting to Morgantown

You do realize that the type of athletes that were needed for the Big East 1.0/2.0 and the ones needed for the current Big 12 are apples and oranges, right?

Right?

Take heed to my screen name.

I think the point being made is UNC had quality talent on that team, and yes, it was not NFL ready talent but it was still top notch college talent. Im not sure why Keaton can not at least acknowledge this fact. Me thinks Keaton didn't do his research before getting into this debate and now he is having a hard time defending himself.

He did his research. You're just not understanding what he's saying.

yeah...if you are from WV, went to WVU, grew up in WV, or wear old gold and blue then you are loser...and will never be a winner. we understand that is your stance Keatonsjackass. Hey I guess you don't have to want to achieve while you are still living in a basement with your mommy...huh? What a tool.

LOL looks like Keaton struck a nerve?

He's right though.

I know the truth hurts BUUUUT since 1980, WVU has averaged 7 wins a season.

You turn to your "Wayback Machine" and throw out your Nehlen, Rodriguez, & Stewart cards but the fact is, all three of those head coaches helped contribute to the 7-win average.

You support mediocrity and don't realize it.

LOLz

"its a pattern that we have played at a high level and we can and should expect that moving forward"

shew........... 5 events over the course of 30 seasons is not a "pattern"

5 great seasons (and actually 6 when you accept that 2016 was so as well) in 30 years is not what you make expectations upon in a logical world.

You just don't like Dana Holgorsen............. wish you'd just be honest here and post what you really want to say ...

I mean, you kind of did on Page 1:

"Its a miracle Dana made it past his first two years. Don't get me wrong this has worked out much better then I ever thought"

So as our team sits 5-1 and ranked #13................. you're already writing off the season and calling for Dana's head...

well, because that was your plan since before the season started........ just as it's been your plan since 2011........ per your own words.
We will see if this is still the year.....btw...I rarely go to the Herd page...I have other boards and work to do covering WVU sports...so not around as much

You do realize that the type of athletes that were needed for the Big East 1.0/2.0 and the ones needed for the current Big 12 are apples and oranges, right?

Right?

Take heed to my screen name.
Big 12 gives us More money for coaches, recruiting budgets, admin help, so at some point this should translate to better play on the field. Once Dana got over his huge learning curve(which means any other school would have fired him in part for hiring Joe Deforest) its my thinking that we are in a very interesting position because changing coaches comes with it risk of hiring someone worse. So, do you ride out 7-10 win seasons and be happy or do you cut him loose. At this point you almost need to keep him.

He had a good season his first year with someone elses players and a watered down Big East so its big boy ball and at this point we are still average.

Last edited:
Big 12 gives us More money for coaches, recruiting budgets, admin help, so at some point this should translate to better play on the field. Once Dana got over his huge learning curve(which means any other school would have fired him in part for hiring Joe Deforest) its my thinking that we are in a very interesting position because changing coaches comes with it risk of hiring someone worse. So, do you ride out 7-10 win seasons and be happy or do you cut him loose. At this point you almost need to keep him.

He had a good season his first year with someone elses players and a watered down Big East so its big boy ball and at this point we are still average.

I got news for you - if Shane doesn’t beef up the football facilities, no coach is gonna wanna come here.

As I read,
WVU put $50 million into Puskar
Now
Are scheduled another $100 million

50 + 100 = $150 million recently...
I think

Not moving stadium....

Who Keaton or Holgorsen?
both

If Keaton is fired I wouldn't have anyone to debate......If Dana is fired we run the risk of getting someone worse and OJT again(I agree with AllEers6 on this one).

both

If Keaton is fired I wouldn't have anyone to debate......If Dana is fired we run the risk of getting someone worse and OJT again(I agree with AllEers6 on this one).

I know we "jest" but
Winning cures all

And no blind ciminal
"cover up" needed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT