ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 winless so far in March Madness !!!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
UCLA, which lost to San Diego State and finished 4th in the Pac-12, beat Michigan State of the “mighty” Big 10.

The Spartans, upholding the Big 10 reputation, had TWO air balls and threw a pass out of bounds in the overtime!

Will have to see more...

But Michigan State smacked around all the supposed elite teams at the end of the season

I didn't know what to make of the game

There are some things that would make UCLA fans happy
But Cronin needs to fix a lot. UCLA is the worst job in the country
Their expectations are through the roof.

UCLA lost a bunch of games do finished the season...

Those big guards they have sure can find their spots

I thought UCLA looked terrible early in the game.

But Michigan State looked even more, imploding in overtime with the 2 airballs and the miscommunication pass that the desperate Spartan barely got 1/2 inch of fingertips on before it went out of bounds. That is SO unlike a Tom Izzo team!

Since Michigan State went 1-1 against Michigan and 1-1 against Ohio State and BEAT Illinois in their only meeting it makes me wonder just how "mighty" the Big 10 really is.

UCLA was actually Ohio State's best non conference game. Watched I believe the last few minutes. Ohio State separated themselves at the end.

I haven't watched much Pac 12 this year so I can't speak for them.
Actually watched a lot of the conference when I finished my time in the USMC there. This was in the 90's and early 2000s.

Even then there was disrespect to the conference. Was often better than people realized

Could be the case.

I have never liked the B1G as much as other people. Especially this year.
Great coaches and great programs.

Not like the ACC, Big 12 and SEC.
You see an athletic difference. Plus just the style of play.

I can't even watch the Big East anymore. The quality is poor.

Wouldn't be surprised if the B1G was over hyped.

Was impressed with that Michigan St big...

He actually changed the flow of the game by his defense

Cronin had a few match ups that gave Michigan State some problems. And his team made a good run to end the game. Was a tight one till several minutes in OT.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
UCLA was actually Ohio State's best non conference game. Watched I believe the last few minutes. Ohio State separated themselves at the end.

I haven't watched much Pac 12 this year so I can't speak for them.
Actually watched a lot of the conference when I finished my time in the USMC there. This was in the 90's and early 2000s.

Even then there was disrespect to the conference. Was often better than people realized

Could be the case.

I have never liked the B1G as much as other people. Especially this year.
Great coaches and great programs.

Not like the ACC, Big 12 and SEC.
You see an athletic difference. Plus just the style of play.

I can't even watch the Big East anymore. The quality is poor.

Wouldn't be surprised if the B1G was over hyped.

Was impressed with that Michigan St big...

He actually changed the flow of the game by his defense

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. THAT MAKES YOU MY HERO.

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
Cronin had a few match ups that gave Michigan State some problems. And his team made a good run to end the game. Was a tight one till several minutes in OT.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT A TOM IZZO TEAM SCORED ONLY 3 POINTS IN 5 MINUTES OF OVERTIME? I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR IZZO. BUT HIS PLAYERS CRUMBLED UNDER THE OT PRESSURE . . . AND BADLY.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT A TOM IZZO TEAM SCORED ONLY 3 POINTS IN 5 MINUTES OF OVERTIME? I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR IZZO. BUT HIS PLAYERS CRUMBLED UNDER THE OT PRESSURE . . . AND BADLY.
I blame it on Izzo. His team was up at halftime, and then the team started fighting amongst themselves at halftime, and you see what happened after that. Same exact thing happened when Texas played WVU a month back. Up big, and then the players start fighting amongst themselves, and everything goes to hell. All told, happy to see Izzo go home. Unlike some of you, I'm certainly not a fan of the conference, but a fan of the team within the conference. I think some on here would be ecstatic, if your conference rival, say a Texas, would win the national championship, as long as they were in the Big 12. Not me, and I can promise you King Coal the Buckeye fan wouldn't be wanting to see Michigan win a championship in anything, including horseshoes.

Nothing quite like a circle-jerk over the No. 9 team in the Big Ten losing in overtime to the No. 4 seed in the PAC 12. The Big 12's ninth place team is Kansas State, which embarrassed the Big 12 by losing to Division II Fort Hayes State, and ended the season with a 9-20 record. This adds a little perspective to this situation. Incidentally, nobody in Big Ten country outside of East Lansing is upset that Izzo lost.

CFE reporting his sports scoop of the day...about the play in game ...about the BIg...on a WVU forum. Stay on this folks...he will be reporting on last Thursday's headlines soon.

UCLA, which lost to San Diego State and finished 4th in the Pac-12, beat Michigan State of the “mighty” Big 10.

The Spartans, upholding the Big 10 reputation, had TWO air balls and threw a pass out of bounds in the overtime!

It's one game. Will you post the same when Oklahoma loses their first round game?

Or what about when Oklahoma State gets upset by Liberty?

Edit: And what if Utah State bumps off Texas Tech?

Will you be here giving reports of how Big 12 is overrated or just cowering in a corner someplace?

Reactions: KingCoal
I blame it on Izzo. His team was up at halftime, and then the team started fighting amongst themselves at halftime, and you see what happened after that. Same exact thing happened when Texas played WVU a month back. Up big, and then the players start fighting amongst themselves, and everything goes to hell. All told, happy to see Izzo go home. Unlike some of you, I'm certainly not a fan of the conference, but a fan of the team within the conference. I think some on here would be ecstatic, if your conference rival, say a Texas, would win the national championship, as long as they were in the Big 12. Not me, and I can promise you King Coal the Buckeye fan wouldn't be wanting to see Michigan win a championship in anything, including horseshoes.

ABOUT YOUR PREVIOUS BRAGGING ABOUT THE BIG 10 OVER THE BIG 12:

Michigan State split with Ohio State and Michigan and beat Illinois but couldn't beat UCLA, which finished 4th in the Pac-12, perhaps the weakest Power 5 conference this season. Maybe that's because the Big 10 isn't as tough as you think? Particularly compared to the Big 12?

Michigan State split with Ohio State and Michigan and beat Illinois but couldn't beat UCLA, which finished 4th in the Pac-12, perhaps the weakest Power 5 conference this season. Maybe that's because the Big 10 isn't as tough as you think? Particularly compared to the Big 12?

Big Ten ranked #1 conference and Big 12 ranked #2.

Are you this jealous of a conference that you report on a Big 10 team losing. I can see if it was Ohio State or Michigan that lost their first game. Then you could make a claim to your fact.

I can believe that just as easy as I can believe that Bob Huggins team lost almost every game this season while leading in the second half.

I haven't been bragging; rather, I've only been responding to your shallow writings/reporting.

Are you having a party in Cuyahoga County in three weeks, if Kansas wins the NCAA championship?

I think the great King Coal is onto you. You dislike Ohio State due to living amongst Buckeye fans for the last few decades of your life. I understand your angst. However, hating the entire B1G due to their association with Ohio State isn't healthy.

Plus, if WVU were a member of the B1G, you would be on here stomping your feet and honking your horn about how awesome the B1G is. I get your allegiance. I saw you do it during the Big East years.

I'll leave you with this. I don't care if the B1G goes 1-8 in 1st round games, along as the one win is compliments of Michigan defeating Texas Southern.

San Diego State is a 6 seed and possible WVU opponent in 2nd round. Will you claim San Diego State is a tough opponent if WVU faces them? Sounds like your type of flip flop reporting.

I'd bet the house that you didn't know that Ohio State beat UCLA when you posted this. The transitive property doesn't apply to sporting events.

I'd bet the house that you didn't know that Ohio State beat UCLA when you posted this. The transitive property doesn't apply to sporting events.
+
OH, I KNEW IT SO YOU LOST THE HOUSE. BUT IT DIDN'T SUPPORT MY CONTENTION THAT A TEAM THAT COULD HANDLE OHIO STATE, MICHIGAN AND ILLINOIS COULDN'T HANDLE THE 4TH PLACE TEAM IN THE WEAK PAC-12. AFTER ALL, IF THE BIG 10 IS TOUGHER THAN THE BIG EAST, WHY SHOULD TWO BIG 10 TEAMS LOSE TO A 4TH PLACE TEAM IN THE WEAKEST POWER 5 CONFERENCE IN AMERICA.

SO, WHO WON YOUR HOUSE?

Nothing quite like a circle-jerk over the No. 9 team in the Big Ten losing in overtime to the No. 4 seed in the PAC 12. The Big 12's ninth place team is Kansas State, which embarrassed the Big 12 by losing to Division II Fort Hayes State, and ended the season with a 9-20 record. This adds a little perspective to this situation. Incidentally, nobody in Big Ten country outside of East Lansing is upset that Izzo lost.
What about the No. 2 seed in the bracket losing you stupid **** stick? BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What about the No. 2 team in the nation losing you stupid **** stick? BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You're such an imbecile that you think that the No. 2 team in the Nation, which is Illinois, lost today. All of those classes that you missed to attend band camps are coming back to haunt you.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
You're such an imbecile that you think that the No. 2 team in the Nation, which is Illinois, lost today. All of those classes that you missed to attend band camps are coming back to haunt you.
Big deal....No. 2 in the Big 10 and a two seed....a simple typo dumbass...

How does it feel to choke again on the national stage dumbass?

Suckeyes going to suck I guess.

Big deal....No. 2 in the Big 10 and a two seed....a simple typo dumbass...

How does it feel to choke again on the national stage dumbass?
How does it feel to be so utterly clueless that you don't know the difference between a two seed and the No. 2 team in the Nation? It's obvious that you've never played a game in your pathetic life, but I'm sure that you march well.

ABOUT THAT CIRCLE JERK:

Isn't it about time everyone starts believing me that the Big 10 is over-rated and not in the Big 12's class?

Ohio State loses to a FIFTEEN seed! Oral Roberts took the Buckeyes down 75-72 in overtime.

That puts the "mighty" Big 10's March Madness record at 33%!

Ohio State joins Michigan State in packing for home. Illinois has the ONLY Big 10 W in March Madness.

The Big 12, in contrast, is unbeaten. And Baylor is in a cakewalk against Hartford.

Now if Oklahoma State beats Liberty, WVU beats Morehead it will be 4-0 clean sweep for the Big 12.

Maybe North Texas will beat Purdue and the Big 10 will have a 25% day. After all, North Texas is only a 13th seed and mitey Ohio State lost to a 15th seed.

God, I am SO enjoying March Madness. Of course, in Big 10 country, it's a different kind of madness!

Big 10, as I've said for months, is SO over-rated!

Circle, jerk, refers to King Coal! Right?

Hey, Paw Paw in Ohio: If you could do so, then I would accuse you of ejaculating prematurely, but you can't, so I won't.

How does it feel to be so utterly clueless that you don't know the difference between a two seed and the No. 2 team in the Nation? It's obvious that you've never played a game in your pathetic life, but I'm sure that you march well.

It's obvious you are "so utterly clueless." Defending a conference that is 33% in March Madness! You don't know the difference between a hole in the ground and ... everyone knows the rest of that.

Join the Big 10 pity party. As I've said for months, EVERY Big 10 teams would have a worse record if it played a Big 12 conference schedule!

As Doc Crow would say: "Eat Crow!"

TYPO dumbass....if that's what you are hanging on to....your a dumbass

You still going to watch the tournament now that the suckeyes CHOKED again on the national stage.

to ORAL FREAKING ROBERTS.....ORAL ROBERTS...LMAO

You losers deserve each other.

Reactions: CAK125
Hey, Paw Paw in Ohio: If you could do so, then I would accuse you of ejaculating prematurely, but you can't, so I won't.

Boy, you just can't help yourself. You are SO wrong AGAIN, even with your personal attack. You miss more often than Ohio State at the free throw line against a FIFTEENTH seed! OK, everyone, let's have a pity party for KingCoal, who dishonors the moniker he uses on here. My father was a Monongah coal miner who survived TWO cave-ins that covered his body with 4 feet of coal before rescuers got to any part of his body. He was TOUGH. Unlike the Big 10! Not mitey, like the Big 10 and KingCoal!

osugrad/kingcoal is wrong on everything...all he can do is call people band geek and latch on to suckeye wins to make his life better.

Guy is a total dipshit.

He knows the suckeyes choke.....he just cant admit it.

Reactions: CAK125
Boy, you just can't help yourself. You are SO wrong AGAIN, even with your personal attack. You miss more often than Ohio State at the free throw line against a FIFTEENTH seed! OK, everyone, let's have a pity party for KingCoal, who dishonors the moniker he uses on here. My father was a Monongah coal miner who survived TWO cave-ins that covered his body with 4 feet of coal before rescuers got to any part of his body. He was TOUGH. Unlike the Big 10! Not mitey, like the Big 10 and KingCoal!
Nobody cares about your father, Pops. More fake news by the fake newspaper scribe who can't spell, "mighty."

osugrad/kingcoal is wrong on everything...all he can do is call people band geek and latch on to suckeye wins to make his life better.

Guy is a total dipshit.

He knows the suckeyes choke.....he just cant admit it.
The 2014-15 College Football Playoff National Champions would like a word with you, Horatio Hornblower.

• Haha
Big Ten is trash

Football, basketball...t shirt fans

It doesn't matter

The SEC and Kentucky this year set you up for a face plant

Just like football. Basketball is just better in states with talent

The 2002-03 College Football National Champions are on the phone. Shall I tell them that Piccolo Pete is too busy tooting his own horn to take the call?
Cool.....still obsessed about something that happened 20 years....LMAO...spitt won a title in 1923 as well.....LMAO

Dumbass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT