ADVERTISEMENT

Astounding !!!! 1st in Big 12 by midnight Wednesday?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU has beaten Oklahoma TWICE this season and is the ONLY team to win in Norman. Pretty impressive credentials.

If Texas Tech and Kansas both lose, Mountaineers would be in 1st place in Big 12 by midnight Wednesday.

Oklahoma superstar Trae Young had only ONE assist for the game.

WVU had 9 steals, 5 blocks and caused 15 Oklahoma turnovers. Nice night’s work. Kept cool and lead despite intense pressure from Oklahoma the entire game.

WVU led, often by 2 or 3 points, for the final 27 minutes of the game (2nd half plus last 7 minutes of 1st half).

The last team that beat OU in Norman was to WVU Feb 8, 2017. That makes 2 straight in Norman and 4 straight over all for WVU.

Well, EXCUSE me for being the eternal optimist when it comes to my alma mater. It's still possible till the games are played. We both want that, right?

I love your optimism, just saying not very likely this week. I have faith we will eventually get to that top spot soon though.

Both Texas Tech and Kansas ARE losing at home, why be the negative Nellie?

Doesn't mean that will continue against average teams this week. I'm as positive as it gets when it comes to my team so how am I being negative towards my team? I'm talking about what other teams will do.

West Virginia will only win the conference IF and only if they beat KU on the road and Tech at home
True. But if the twin miracles happen and WVU is tied for 1st in the Big 12 by midnight Wednesday, then the Mountaineers can finally unseat Kansas as Big 12 champ by winning out.

That's possible by the team that won 15 straight games, is the only team to beat Virginia, and the only team to be Oklahoma in Norman this season.

We can dream. The Man of La Monongah loves to dream The Impossible Dream. It makes me feel good.

Well, looks like our line up changes are starting to take root. Several players from bench made positive contributions (LW, LR, Dax all helped). Most of our Ls were from shooting our own foot/foul trouble/cold shooting against good teams. Shooting was cold in second half but other areas were improved. If we keep it up, why not be optimistic? We have been right there vs some of best teams, just need to seal the deals like last night.

True. But if the twin miracles happen and WVU is tied for 1st in the Big 12 by midnight Wednesday, then the Mountaineers can finally unseat Kansas as Big 12 champ by winning out.

That's possible by the team that won 15 straight games, is the only team to beat Virginia, and the only team to be Oklahoma in Norman this season.

We can dream. The Man of La Monongah loves to dream The Impossible Dream. It makes me feel good.

WVU has three tough games left and they need to go 3-0 in those games

If they go 3-0 it doesn’t matter what other teams do they will win the Big XII

More than that they cannot slip up again against any other team.
Luckily they still have a lot of home games left but they still have to travel to Waco against an athletic Baylor team.

WVU has three tough games left and they need to go 3-0 in those games

If they go 3-0 it doesn’t matter what other teams do they will win the Big XII

More than that they cannot slip up again against any other team.
Luckily they still have a lot of home games left but they still have to travel to Waco against an athletic Baylor team.
TCU had Kansas sweating till the final minute when Horny Frogs missed 2 straight shots. Big 12 is just so tough, top to bottom. WVU being 3rd is a great accomplishment, particularly with the 1-5 slump.

Getting to final 4 and winning BE at Madison Square Garden was up there for me. There is still work to do so hope we can get to very top of conference and make deep run in this year s tournament.

Hopefully, Dana is taking notes.

Is Dana coaching basketball now? Last I saw Dana coached football which is a whole different sport. Comparing them is ludicrous.

Your sarcasm has failed.

Is Dana coaching basketball now? Last I saw Dana coached football which is a whole different sport. Comparing them is ludicrous.

Your sarcasm has failed.
So it’s easier to win in the big 12 basketball but not football? We always hear this is big boy football. Is this not big boy basketball? No more excuses. If Huggins has WVu at the top, then Dana should as well

So it’s easier to win in the big 12 basketball but not football? We always hear this is big boy football. Is this not big boy basketball? No more excuses. If Huggins has WVu at the top, then Dana should as well

Because WVU came from a basketball first conference the transition has been much easier in basketball.
The Big East to the Big XII is a sideways move in basketball.
In football the Big XII is a much better conference than the Big East ever was. Especially once Va Tech and Miami left.

Because WVU came from a basketball first conference the transition has been much easier in basketball.
The Big East to the Big XII is a sideways move in basketball.
In football the Big XII is a much better conference than the Big East ever was. Especially once Va Tech and Miami left.
That is so obvious than even a caveman knows it.

Big East basketball was #1 in the country with WVU in it. Big 12 has become #1 in country with WVU in it. Hmnn. And don't give me ACC crap. We're talking top to bottom, not just Duke and North Carolina... EVERY Big 12 game is a dogfight.

Big East basketball was #1 in the country with WVU in it. Big 12 has become #1 in country with WVU in it. Hmnn. And don't give me ACC crap. We're talking top to bottom, not just Duke and North Carolina... EVERY Big 12 game is a dogfight.

Actually the Big XII was pretty good before WVU.

From 2000-2010 numerous teams made good runs.
Colorado who was a bottom feeder started to win once it went to the PAC 12 for the first few years.

The Big East was clearly a better basketball conference than football.
Big XII has had great years in both.

Actually the Big XII was pretty good before WVU.

From 2000-2010 numerous teams made good runs.
Colorado who was a bottom feederWe started to win once it went to the PAC 12 for the first few years.

The Big East was clearly a better basketball conference than football.
Big XII has had great years in both.
We both agree that WVU made both conferences better in basketball. Sad to see what Georgetown has become. The Ewing days are so far back in history.

Yet, this so called, No. 1 basketball conference just went 4-6 vs. a football conference. Kansas owns the Big 12 in basketball, and the addition of WVU hasn't changed this a bit.

Yet, this so called, No. 1 basketball conference just went 4-6 vs. a football conference. Kansas owns the Big 12 in basketball, and the addition of WVU hasn't changed this a bit.
But it takes time, we are now getting W’s against them and even our L’s have been close. If we can stabilize our roster and get a fair shake from the zebras, I think we can overtake them. Especially if their best recruits keep driving cars they can’t afford.

But it takes time, we are now getting W’s against them and even our L’s have been close. If we can stabilize our roster and get a fair shake from the zebras, I think we can overtake them. Especially if their best recruits keep driving cars they can’t afford.
Tofu grad can't stand it when WVU has a better team than TOFU. It eats at his guts. Buckeyes, after all, by their own definition are a collection of nuts.

Let's lasso some Cowboys on Saturday and move into 1st place in the Big 12.

Reactions: Phil
A better team than the higher ranked team that just beat No. 3 Purdue on the Road? You're always good for a laugh, CFE.

They recruit on a totally different level, we are never “overtaking” them. We might one day get past them in the standings for one season, maybe two if they bottom out while we have strong teams, but we are never going to consistently pass them, that’s a pipe dream and picking them off at home from time to time doesn’t change that.

A better team than the higher ranked team that just beat No. 3 Purdue on the Road? You're always good for a laugh, CFE.
A team that calls itself TOFU is always good for a laugh. The Mountaineers, the ONLY team to beat Virginia, which is ranked higher than Purdue, and Oklahoma at home would wipe the floor with the Buckeyes. Hell, TOFU couldn't get the ball in-bounds against Press Virginia!

Your IQ is lower than room temperature, and it's cold here, WVUFan. Perhaps, if you keep stalking me, your like count on your own board will finally exceed 3%, but don't hold your breath, as even WVU fans know the depths of your ignorance.

And he resorts with a few insults...didn't see that coming.

When you have nothing of value in your posting, insults are usually the next best thing.

And the insults are so tiresome to boot.

1. Low IQ
2. I am stalker
3. Others WVU fans know I am ignorant.

Yawns....same drivel over and over...

The Bobbsey Twins have no employment, I see. Because you have so much time on your hands, and desperately need each other to debate me, why don't you head over to the Woodshed, where these posts are more appropriate. I'll understand, though, if you're too scared to do so.

We have no employment but yet you are posting here too as much and at the same time.

OMG....this truly is priceless...please tell me this is an act...you can't be this dumb can you?

And did you really just suggest that anyone would be scared to post on a message board. LMAO.

Last edited:
Yep, you're skeered of the Woodshed, WVUFanNobodyLikes. Buy a dog, little feller.

[roll]
I really hope you come out and tell us your account was taken over by your five-year old nephew or your senile grandmother...because this...this is just sad and pathetic...

Still skeered, I see. Sack up, and visit the Woodshed. But don't forget to bring your new dog with ya!

[laughing]

Is it embarrassing to have a degree from OSU and be unemployed and hanging out on a WVU message board?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT