ADVERTISEMENT

All joking aside...

In times like these we are all just West Virginians. When tragedy strikes one of us it hurts all of us regardless of which school we went to, or which team we pull for. My area of WV was relatively undamaged, unlike the devastation we are seeing in the southern WV. People here are sending truckloads of supplies to help our cousins in the hard hit areas. Some are taking leaves of absence from their jobs so they can help with the clean up effort, and I'm sure the same is being done by people in Marshall country. I hope everyone in Herdland made it through the floods unscathed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Humptod
Yeah, kind of hard to talk shit and joke around with one another when things like this are happening. My parents basement is flooded, my grandpas tool shed is ruined, and their boat broke loose from the dock at lake Stephens. Awful stuff going on back home

Yeah, kind of hard to talk shit and joke around with one another when things like this are happening. My parents basement is flooded, my grandpas tool shed is ruined, and their boat broke loose from the dock at lake Stephens. Awful stuff going on back home

This one missed me entirely. I remember the flood in 1996 almost taking my house.

Thank you, doneagain....I hope everyone is ok too, ALL of us.
Think what you will of Jay Rockefeller but heard him comment on the flooding that historically plagues the us.. .." What makes this state so beautiful is also what makes if so dangerous". Thought that kind of sums it up pretty well...hope all you Cousins are safe.

The Kanawha on Friday was the second highest I've ever seen it, and it hadn't crested yet. There is another flash flood warning for today until 9 pm as storms are expected.

I'll be out back sitting in the johnboat waiting for the flood. I'll wave at you Herdies as pass by on my way down to New Orleans. Raft me out some potted meat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT