ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Ahmad and Harris dismissed

I think the question needs to be asked. Would Esa and Wes have been kicked off the team if we were in the Top 25 right now with a NCAA bid securely locked???

It’s interesting that the Athletic Dept chose not to provide reasons why this was done. To be fair to all parties, I think we should demand the reasons for these dismissals instead of a vague explanation from the Athletic Department.

And on what grounds do you feel you are entitled to an explanation?

You are not an involved party. You are in no position to demand anything, from anyone.

Reactions: Phil
I think the question needs to be asked. Would Esa and Wes have been kicked off the team if we were in the Top 25 right now with a NCAA bid securely locked???

It’s interesting that the Athletic Dept chose not to provide reasons why this was done. To be fair to all parties, I think we should demand the reasons for these dismissals instead of a vague explanation from the Athletic Department.

Yes they would have. Since Huggins has been at WVU he doesn't play games with childish acts.

Negative people as those who don’t do their fair share of the work, who are chronically unhappy and emotionally unstable, or who bully or attack others. A single toxic or negative team member can be the catalyst for downward spirals

Reactions: Rootmaster
Negative people as those who don’t do their fair share of the work, who are chronically unhappy and emotionally unstable, or who bully or attack others. A single toxic or negative team member can be the catalyst for downward spirals

I'm sure....but I dont think the AD is involving themselves over that stuff. Thats for the coach.

It appears the AD had information that put them at risk if they didnt act appropriately.

Is being a top 5 paid coach in college basketball and having 3 terrible seasons ( 2 losing seasons and a upset in the first round as a 3 seed) considered a violation of athletic department policy also?

Is being a top 5 paid coach in college basketball and having 3 terrible seasons ( 2 losing seasons and a upset in the first round as a 3 seed) considered a violation of athletic department policy also?

You make good points. After the Texas game, Huggs said in his press conference that WVU has never had the talent that Texas has since he has been here. If these kids were the best you and the staff could land, it's time to make changes that go way past letting a couple of upperclassmen knuckleheads go.

I'm sure....but I dont think the AD is involving themselves over that stuff. Thats for the coach.

It appears the AD had information that put them at risk if they didnt act appropriately.

Information given to them by Bob Huggins. Count on it.

Information given to them by Bob Huggins. Count on it.

Well if he recieved information which requires him to report it, then yes...certainly. Although your implying Huggins did this out of spite, which doesnt paint a good picture of him if true and I dont believe it is.

Esa was no longer Huggins problem in a few weeks. He was done. I dont think Huggins is so vindictive to pull the rug from underneath somebody like that when he has nothing to gain.

They gone. On to and taking the Big 12 Championship!!!!!!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

P_yD0r.gif

You make good points. After the Texas game, Huggs said in his press conference that WVU has never had the talent that Texas has since he has been here. If these kids were the best you and the staff could land, it's time to make changes that go way past letting a couple of upperclassmen knuckleheads go.

Texas is in a rut.
That don't get the impact freshman that Kentucky and Duke can get right now and they get players who leave a year early and go to the NBA based on potential.
Like Jaxson Hayes. He is gone come April. A future Top 15 pick.
But Culver puts up the same numbers as he does.

Always good to recruit players who are going to stick around for 3-4 years
That is what West Virginia has. Problem is that at the most important position they are young.

You have to go through peaks and valleys.
Can't just....say....we need to recruit at a Top 10 level.
A lot of those schools aren't doing much better than West Virginia the last 4 years.

So you believe Huggs is the type that would do an end-round on someone? Hardly. He's always been a straight shooter (unlike his players on the court).

Who said he did an end around? If he had information it's his job to inform his bosses or suffer the same consequences.

But talk is they failed a drug test. So Huggins would not have known any of this at all. I may be mistaken but I don't think coaches do the testing.

Oh me oh my, how can we lose such amazing talents. These guys are legacy Mountaineers. It's like if we cut Dale Blaney and Lester Rowe in the middle of the 1984 season.... pfft.

Addition by subtraction is all this is. Glad to see them go.

Oh me oh my, how can we lose such amazing talents. These guys are legacy Mountaineers. It's like if we cut Dale Blaney and Lester Rowe in the middle of the 1984 season.... pfft.

Addition by subtraction is all this is. Glad to see them go.
How did Tenn hire Texas' basketball coach. You don't think of Texas as a stepping stone.

These two sucked. That’s why they are gone. If they could play well they would still be on roster. The other stuff would have stayed covered up if they were good.

I said last summer pencil arm Harris should be gone. He isn’t good enough to be a problem child. As usual I was right.

Reminds me of when Beilien told Schifino to hit the road, except Drew was simply a ball-hog who didn't like Beilien's offense. Left them with a six man bench and struggling for a couple of years, but it's been nowhere but up for the basketball program since Schifino was told to take a walk.

At the time I thought Beilien was nuts, but the guy knew exactly what he had to do.

Reactions: WESTBGVA
Reminds me of when Beilien told Schifino to hit the road, except Drew was simply a ball-hog who didn't like Beilien's offense. Left them with a six man bench and struggling for a couple of years, but it's been nowhere but up for the basketball program since Schifino was told to take a walk.

At the time I thought Beilien was nuts, but the guy knew exactly what he had to do.
agree, we'll be ok(not this year)..26 wins and a sweet 16 to this but ,we're missing the only rim protector we have and our best guard. Hertzel wrote..look at the Cleveland Cav's from 54 wins and the NBA finals to 11 wins this season without James.

Townsvansandt spot on about Texas. They keep losing guys too quick who need more time in college. That is killing them. Most of those guys are making bad decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT