ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Should Rename The Conference To

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
CTC - Clemson Tiger Conference.

Clemson only ranked team. It's a cake walk for them.

Reactions: sg44gold
Here, try a can of this...
84547993.jpg

Maryland crushing Syracuse tells us we now have a bigger problem ...

Recruiting against Maryland in our own backyard.

Maryland crushing Syracuse tells us we now have a bigger problem ...

Recruiting against Maryland in our own backyard.

As bad as we are right now, if we were in the Coastal, we'd probably still be the front runners to win it. Probably could get to Buck's vaunted 7 win season.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Florida State is just mind boggling!! They should’ve lost to ULM.

Yes the ACC Conference needs to step it up.

In the last 6 years, the ACC has only won the Football National Championship 3 times and the Basketball National Championship 3 times.

Always room for improvement.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

In the last 6 years, the ACC has only won the Football National Championship 3 times and the Basketball National Championship 3 times.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

And Pitt plays a crucial roll providing a practice dummy for the legit teams to compete against the real competition. You should be proud there buddy.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Ha! Ha! Thanks for making the OP’s point, Douche.

The same team won all 3 football championships and was NEVER even challenged in the ACC championship game.

Hail to Empty Yellow Seats!

Ha! Ha! Thanks for making the OP’s point, Douche.

The same team won all 3 football championships and was NEVER even challenged in the ACC championship game.

Hail to Empty Yellow Seats!

Actually, you are incorrect.

The same team did not win all 3 ACC Football National Championships.

Let see how WVU does this season with your new football coach.

Why did your HC leave a P-5 Conference for a G-5 Conference.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Well let's see. The Big 12-2=10 conference now has only two teams ranked. Iowa State fell out. Guess what...that ties our conference with the ACC! In addition, the PAC 12 which folks on our forum like to ridicule now has five ranked schools. Maybe we should not worry about the weak ACC and start worrying about the state of the incorrectly named conference to which we belong. Just sayin'

Both the Big 12 and the ACC could be gone. At least their current form.

ACC's problem is that regular season basketball is worthless. All the money for basketball goes to the NCAA.
Unlike football. Winning NCs won't save your conference.

Ratings will. People watching your football games and watching your network.
Florida State is deep in the red and if they don't see a big payday in the future will turn into the biggest complainer.

We been through this before.
Both of our conferences suck. Neither conference is a conference you want to hang from the coattails.
But at the end of the day individual universities in these conferences will mean more than the conferences themselves.

How many eyeballs can you bring to the television will determine everything

Both the Big 12 and the ACC could be gone. At least their current form.

ACC's problem is that regular season basketball is worthless. All the money for basketball goes to the NCAA.
Unlike football. Winning NCs won't save your conference.

Ratings will. People watching your football games and watching your network.
Florida State is deep in the red and if they don't see a big payday in the future will turn into the biggest complainer.

We been through this before.
Both of our conferences suck. Neither conference is a conference you want to hang from the coattails.
But at the end of the day individual universities in these conferences will mean more than the conferences themselves.

How many eyeballs can you bring to the television will determine everything

Actually, I think the future of the Big 12 will be decided first.

The Big 12 GOR's, TV Contracts, and Commissioner all expire on June 30, 2025 (ACC Conference expire in 2035).

The ACC Network just started in Aug. 2019.

The Big12 is the only P-5 Conference that does not have their own TV network.
However, Texas with the Long Horn Network has their own TV Network.

I don't know how this will play out but I would be watching Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to see what they are planning in the next 2-3 years.

Just have to wait and see.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

It's obvious this Spitt fan is scared. He or it knows that WVU is building for the future. That's why he or it is now here.

Spitt sucks. Tell them so at every opportunity.

Actually, I think the future of the Big 12 will be decided first.

The Big 12 GOR's, TV Contracts, and Commissioner all expire on June 30, 2025 (ACC Conference expire in 2035).

The ACC Network just started in Aug. 2019.

The Big12 is the only P-5 Conference that does not have their own TV network.
However, Texas with the Long Horn Network has their own TV Network.

I don't know how this will play out but I would be watching Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to see what they are planning in the next 2-3 years.

Just have to wait and see.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I don't have the time to get into all of this currently.
You will have to wait and see regarding the ACC network. The success or failure of the network will determine the future of college football.
I am familiar with someone in the know and they have stated recently that the chance something happens in the ACC has increased this past month. The communication between Texas and UNC has been ongoing but the leverage UNC had has decreased.
The GOR in the ACC includes a network. Without a network the GOR supposedly won't exist. I guess some schools may sue if it happens but I wouldn't want to go against the lawyers that Texas, UNC and UVA could put out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT