ADVERTISEMENT

A Perfect Baseball Monday

Congratulations, I guess. College baseball in the North sucks, as evidenced by the fact that Ohio State is the last B1G team to win a college baseball national championship, and it was in 1966.

I thought you were discussing baseball lately, no????

Michigan has won two national titles, and likely will never win another one, but still, they're still dancing after a Perfect Baseball Monday.

Michigan has also won 35 B1G baseball titles, more than any other affiliate school, to go along with 42 B1G football titles, which is also more than any other affiliate school.

The Cincinnati Reds once drafted one of Michigan baseball's all time greats, Barry Larkin, with the 4th overall pick that year.

I've posted about college baseball lately only because the Old Fold & Blew fans have been pounding their chests. I'm well aware that Larkin went to scUM, but were you aware that Hal Morris and Chris Sabo, who were also infielders on the 1990 World Champion Reds, were Skunk Bears, too? Probably not, as you were still a WVU fan back then. It's funny that you are bragging about leather helmet titles won before you were born, and decades before you jumped on the Skunk Weasels' bandwagon. Now that Urbs is gone, Hairball might win his first B1G title, but don't bet your Cereal City house in it.

So, you only want to talk WVU baseball? They're already out, and we're down to the final 16 teams, in which Michigan is one of them. UM is tasked with playing the nation's #1 team in UCLA. Let's all support Michigan athletics.

Sorry, but supporting Michigan athletics isn't in my DNA. The Skunk Bears are in for a prison rape of monumental proportions. Ohio State's baseball team is mediocre, at best, but still thumped scUM in three out of four games this season on its way to another B1G title. UCLA will romp the Skunk Weasels.

You sound a little jilted. Perhaps next year your baseball threads will have a much happier ending.

Perhaps, you'll extract your head from your a$$, and realize how stupid you are for talking smack to an alumnus of a school that has owned scUM in football for the last 16 years, but I doubt it. Michigan hasn't won a B1G title in football since 2004, or in baseball since 2008, but because Michigan lucked out and didn't have to play the No. 1 seed in its region, you're all uppity. Your baseball "ending" will be served without lubrication.

[laughing]

Perhaps, you'll extract your head from your a$$, and realize how stupid you are for talking smack to an alumnus of a school that has owned scUM in football for the last 16 years, but I doubt it. Michigan hasn't won a B1G title in football since 2004, or in baseball since 2008, but because Michigan lucked out and didn't have to play the No. 1 seed in its region, you're all uppity. Your baseball "ending" will be served without lubrication.
I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding you. You've been gun-ho talking baseball for the last week or so, but what changed since this past weekend? Michigan certainly has their work cut out for them, facing UCLA at their place, but Michigan did play them once already this season, winning 7-5 in Los Angeles.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
You're awfully cocky for a supposed fan of a team that lost three out of four to the lowest seeded team ever to win the B1G Tournament. Care to place a wager on the upcoming pond scUM/UCLA series?

You're awfully cocky for a supposed fan of a team that lost three out of four to the lowest seeded team ever to win the B1G Tournament. Care to place a wager on the upcoming pond scUM/UCLA series?
I'm sorry your baseball threads didn't quite turn out the way you would have most desired them to do, but it's not my fault Michigan has advanced to play in the Super Regionals, a.k.a., the Sweet 16 of baseball. Maybe one day your baseball team or even your basketball team will advance beyond the opening weekend.

There's always hope.

I'll take that as a "no," and that you're too scared to back up all of your false bravado with a wager. The Ohio State Buckeyes are reigning B1G Champions in both baseball and football, and don't you forget it, Skippy. Enjoy UCLA's slaughter of your nothing baseball team that went 1-3 vs. the Buckeyes.

I'll take that as a "no," and that you're too scared to back up all of your false bravado with a wager. The Ohio State Buckeyes are reigning B1G Champions in both baseball and football, and don't you forget it, Skippy. Enjoy UCLA's slaughter of your nothing baseball team that went 1-3 vs. the Buckeyes.
no, you won the end of the season tournament and finished near the bottom in the regular season. I'm sorry your team wasn't good enough to advance, especially since you started so many threads boasting about your team.

Next year? Maybe?

I'm sorry that Ohio State thumped scUM three out of four games this season, including in the B1G Tournament when it mattered most.
I'm sorry that Ohio State and not scUM won the B1G Tournament.
I'm sorry that you've been posting on the main free board about your memories of crushing WVU defeats that you had experienced when you were a season ticket holder.
I'm sorry that you're a fraud who changes his favorite school as often as SlowHead changes his diapers.
I'm sorry that you keep spinning like a top because you're too cowardly to back up your lame smack with a wager.

Congrats on winning 2 of 3 at home during the frigid month of April. UM rebounded by winning the next 13 in a row, to basically share the conference regular season championship; however, Indiana was awarded the title, since they were fortunate to have played one additional game, to finish with a 1/2 game edge over Michigan.

Congrats on giving it your all during the B1G tournament, since you had to win it to get in. Unfortunately, Larry Bird's Sycamores eliminated you.

Michigan wasn't as unfortunate, and took 3 of 4 games in their region, and has advanced to baseball's Sweet 16, a.k.a., the Super Regionals.

I'm sorry your baseball threads didn't work out the way you intended. Of course, it's apparent to the casual forum viewer, you're more ecstatic over WVU's misfortune than OSU's success.

Meanwhile, game starts at 9 o'clock Friday night. Be sure and tune in to support your fellow conference representative.

Michigan "basically shared" the conference championship by finishing in second place? Yep, you're as delusional as the other WVU fans, and not fooling anybody. There are two B1G baseball champions: Indiana, which finished alone in first place at the end of the regular season, and The Ohio State University, which won the B1G Tournament. scUM won nothing, just like in football. Just think: All scUM had to do was split four games with Ohio State, and scUM would have won a championship. No championship for your true favorite team (WVU) or your fake favorite team (pond scUM). To quote Willy Wonka: YOU LOSE...YOU GET NOTHING!!!

Michigan Set to Challenge UCLA Friday to Start Super Regional Series
6/5/2019 1:59:00 PM
// Kurt Svoboda

» Michigan will play in its first Super Regional since 2007.
» Michigan earned its way to the Supers following a 17-6 victory over Creighton on Monday (June 3) to win the Corvallis Regional.
» In four games in Corvalis, Oregon, Michigan batted .315 with 20 extra-base hits, including eight home runs.
» Michigan is one of just nine teams to defeat UCLA this season.

NEXT GAMES
Friday, June 7 -- at UCLA (Los Angeles, Calif.), 6 p.m. PDT
TV: ESPN2 | Live Stats | Live Video
Saturday, June 8 -- at UCLA (Los Angeles, Calif.), 6 p.m. PDT
Sunday, June 9 -- at UCLA (Los Angeles, Calif.), 6 p.m. PDT (if necessary)

Complete Game Notes (PDF)
Follow #Team153: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- The University of Michigan baseball team (44-19) will face off against No. 1-ranked UCLA (51-9) this weekend (June 7-9) in the NCAA Super Regional. The best-of-three series at UCLA will begin on Friday (June 7) and continue Saturday (June 8) with an if-necessary game slated for Sunday (June 9). All three contests are slated to begin at 6 p.m. PT and will be broadcast live on ESPN2.

• The Super Regional berth is Michigan's second in program history and first since 2007. The Wolverines are 0-2 all-time in Super Regional games.

• Michigan is one of just nine teams with a win over UCLA this season (March 8), and the Bruins have been ranked No. 1 in numerous Division I baseball polls for the majority of the 2019 campaign. The Wolverines defeated the Bruins, 7-5, behind a 10-strikeout performance from starting pitcher Tommy Henry during Michigan's annual spring break trip.

• The Maize and Blue won the Corvallis Regional on Monday night (June 2) with a victory over Creighton in the winner-take-all game. Michigan stormed back from an early deficit to take the game, 17-6.

• Michigan started the NCAA Tournament with a 6-0 shutout victory of Creighton on Friday (May 31), and defeated Cincinnati, 10-4, on Saturday (June 1) to remain in the winner's bracket. The Wolverines then lost to Creighton, 11-7, on Sunday (June 2), but responded Monday (June 3) with a resounding 17-6 win over Creighton to clinch a trip to the NCAA Super Regional.

» Shortly after winning Monday's game to advance to the program's second-ever NCAA Super Regional, Michigan had three players selected in the Major League Baseball First Year Player Draft. Henry (74th pick, Arizona Diamondbacks) and Kauffmann (77th pick, Colorado Rockies) were selected in the Competitive Balance B Round on Monday night (June 3), while junior outfielder Jordan Brewer (106th pick, Houston Astros) was taken in the third round on Tuesday afternoon (June 4).

• Senior infielder Jimmy Kerr was named the Corvallis Regional Most Outstanding Player following the Wolverines' victory on Monday (June 2). The lefty hitter went 5-for-16 over the weekend with four home runs for a 1.063 slugging percentage and a .313 batting average. He also led Michigan with seven runs scored.

• Along with Kerr, junior outfielder Christan Bullock and junior right-handed pitcher Karl Kauffmann were also named to the Corvallis Regional All-Tournament Team. Bullock hit .357 over the four games, while Kauffmann earned a win in the weekend opener with 8.2 scoreless innings pitched.

• Michigan's starting weekend rotation of Kauffmann, sophomore Jeff Criswell, and junior Tommy Henry shined during the Corvallis Regional. Through the first three games, the trio combined to allow just six walks and six earned runs through 23.2 innings for an impressive 2.28 earned run average. They also struck out 23 batters.

• The Michigan offense posted a .315 team batting average and scored 41 runs through four games during the Corvallis Regional last weekend. Wolverine hitters knocked 20 hits for extra bases -- including eight home runs -- for a .575 team slugging percentage and out-scored its opponents by 19 runs.

• Freshman Riley Bertram stepped in at shortstop during the Corvallis Regional and contributed seven hits in 15 at-bats after hitting 3-for-12 in the regular season. On Saturday (June 1) vs. Cincinnati, and in his first career start, he was 4-for-4 with a double, HBP and a run scored. He followed up with two doubles and three RBI on Sunday (June 2), then scored a career-high two runs on Monday (June 3) in the regional title game.

Jordan Nwogu hit his third leadoff home run of the year on Saturday (June 1) vs. Cincinnati in the second game of the Corvallis Regional. The sophomore designated hitter has 12 homers on the season and leads the Wolverines with a .456 on-base percentage.

• Friday's shutout win over Creighton (May 31) was the ninth in Michigan NCAA Tournament history, with the last coming on May 22, 1987, against Rider. It also marked the 12th time that Michigan has opened an NCAA Tournament with a victory.

• The Wolverines are making their third NCAA Tournament appearance under head coach Erik Bakich and 24th overall. The at-large selection is Michigan's second since 2017, though the Wolverines advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 2015 by way of winning the Big Ten Tournament, which serves as an automatic qualifier.

• Michigan owns an all-time NCAA Tournament record of 64-48 (.571), including a 52-34 (.605) mark during regional play. The Wolverines have advanced to the College World Series seven times, most recently in 1984, and won national titles in 1953 and 1962.

• Michigan has four players with at least 10 home runs (Jordan Brewer, 12; Jordan Nwogu, 12; Jesse Franklin, 12; and Jimmy Kerr, 12), which marks the first time since the 1985 season that four Wolverines have reached double figures. That year's team was 55-10, and advanced to the Starkville Regional final behind the longball prowess of Mike Watters (17), Casey Close (16), Barry Larkin (16) and Ken Hayward (13).

• The Wolverines (16-7 Big Ten) finished just a half-game out of first place in the Big Ten Conference standings this season. Indiana (17-7 Big Ten), which defeated Michigan twice during a three-game set in the second-to-last weekend of the regular season, took home the regular-season conference title. Ohio State, which won twice in a three-game set against U-M (April 12-13) in Columbus, captured the Big Ten Conference Tournament. title to earn the Big Ten's automatic bid.

• A victory over Illinois in the second game of the Big Ten Tournament (May 23) marked Michigan's 40th win of the season. Prior to the 2019 campaign, U-M had compiled 40 wins just 13 times in modern history. The 40-win mark is the second for Coach Bakich in his head coaching career; the first came during the 2017 season, in which Michigan also advanced to the NCAA Tournament with an at-large bid.

• Michigan's offense led Big Ten opponents this season in batting average (.284), on-base percentage (.385), slugging percentage (.454), runs scored (427), hits (599) walks (309), doubles (134), stolen bases (91), and sacrifice flies (36).

• The Wolverines' 3.54 earned-run average leads the Big Ten Conference and ranks 16th-best in the nation. The pitching staff also has combined for a conference-most eight shutout victories, which ranks tied for third-most in the country.

• Michigan's leadoff batter has reached base and scored to start 19 games this season with the Wolverines going on to win 17 of them. Michigan has hit four leadoff home runs this season (Nwogu, three; Thomas, one).

Watch Now
Baseball Ready for Super Regional Against UCLA
BSB19Creighton_mps025_.jpg

After a "Perfect Baseball Sunday", Indiana State bids farewell to The Ohio State baseball team.

857d559d-e043-43e0-be8f-6351db9e3b87-_GW47522.JPG

After a "Perfect Baseball Monday", Michigan advances to the Super Regionals.

Screen_Shot_2019_06_03_at_11.18.08_PM.0.png

The self proclaimed high level business executive and the pretend law firm owner trading jabs at one another for 2 days straight during normal business hours...........amazing how much free time these big shots have to spend on WVU boards.

Last edited:
Game 1 is tonight at 9 o'clock. I'm certain it's on TV.

Buzzard, can we assume the hundreds of other fans that post on these forums don't work as well?...and are all Herd fans?

You're a bonafide, certified idiot. Did you attend WV State as well?

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
The self proclaimed high level business executive and the pretend law firm owner trading jabs at one another for 2 days straight during normal business hours...........amazing how much free time these big shots have to spend on WVU boards.
This means a lot coming from an f-tard, who can't post one sentence without having to revise it for almost an hour later. Gilmer Gomer must have been No. 11 in his 10 student graduating class.

Sorry, but supporting Michigan athletics isn't in my DNA. The Skunk Bears are in for a prison rape of monumental proportions. Ohio State's baseball team is mediocre, at best, but still thumped scUM in three out of four games this season on its way to another B1G title. UCLA will romp the Skunk Weasels.
lol

lol

lol

Reactions: Stone_Cold
He who laughs last roars as the drunk dwarf fake Michigan fans bends over in a prison shower. Be sure to hide, as you do every last Saturday in November, fraud!

[roll]

Just like that the little bitch returns. Like I said. He will be around when Michigan loses and no sooner.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Michigan loses in game 3 of the CWS and Ohio state loses to Indiana State in the regional and somehow numbnuts feels a moral victory. Hahahahaha.

Michigan loses in game 3 of the CWS and Ohio state loses to Indiana State in the regional and somehow numbnuts feels a moral victory. Hahahahaha.
Ohio State was 3-1 vs. Michigan and won the B1G. Try again, jailhouse lawyer who attended Marshall, but roots for WVU. Your fellow WVU fan/fake Michigan fan appreciates your support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT