ADVERTISEMENT

67 years ago today

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
in snow covered Logan WV a cute 20 yr old wife realized that "the time" had come. Unfortunately she and her husband lived on Reservoir Hill, the highest place in town. No vehicles could get up or down the hill because of the 3 ft of snow that had fallen. The husband's father remembered a sled that his son had used as a child and he, the husband, and Devil Anse Hatfields great grandson strapped that cute little lady to that sled and guided her to the bottom of the hill where they were met by a police paddy wagon ( that should explain a few things:smiley:) that took her to Logan General .....and an hour later the galactic entity now known to the world as Snow Sled Baby made his earthly appearance. That cute little lady is 87 now and her memory isn't as good as it used to be but we had a good time last night recalling that blessed or blasted event, depending on how you look at it...she and I are the only ones left of that cold and wet group that slid their way to the bottom of the hill that Thanksgiving night......I've had a wonderful blessed life ...it's shocking to realize that it's 2/3 over......I'm going to try to be a better person for this last 1/3 to honor my parents who came from nothing and gave me everything

Last edited:
That blizzard was a little before my time but I've heard lots of great stories about it. Your story might top the list. Happy Birthday !

in snow covered Logan WV a cute 20 yr old wife realized that "the time" had come. Unfortunately she and her husband lived on Reservoir Hill, the highest place in town. No vehicles could get up or down the hill because of the 3 ft of snow that had fallen. The husband's father remembered a sled that his son had used as a child and he, the husband, and Devil Anse Hatfields great grandson strapped that cute little lady to that sled and guided her to the bottom of the hill where they were met by a police paddy wagon ( that should explain a few things:smiley:) that took her to Logan General .....and an hour later the galactic entity now known to the world as Snow Sled Baby made his earthly appearance. That cute little lady is 88 now and her memory isn't as good as it used to be but we had a good time last night recalling that blessed or blasted event, depending on how you look at it...she and I are the only ones left of that cold and wet group that slid their way to the bottom of the hill that Thanksgiving night......I've had a wonderful blessed life ...it's shocking to realize that it's 2/3 over......I'm going to try to be a better person for this last 1/3 to honor my parents who came from nothing and gave me everything

If she is 88 and you are 67, she was 21 at the time she gave birth to you. Unless you are using Logan County math. dave is real good at calculus, maybe he can help you out.

If she is 88 and you are 67, she was 21 at the time she gave birth to you. Unless you are using Logan County math. dave is real good at calculus, maybe he can help you out.

And just think, they get on to McCain for his walking boot on a different foot.......[laughing]

in snow covered Logan WV a cute 20 yr old wife realized that "the time" had come. Unfortunately she and her husband lived on Reservoir Hill, the highest place in town. No vehicles could get up or down the hill because of the 3 ft of snow that had fallen. The husband's father remembered a sled that his son had used as a child and he, the husband, and Devil Anse Hatfields great grandson strapped that cute little lady to that sled and guided her to the bottom of the hill where they were met by a police paddy wagon ( that should explain a few things:smiley:) that took her to Logan General .....and an hour later the galactic entity now known to the world as Snow Sled Baby made his earthly appearance. That cute little lady is 88 now and her memory isn't as good as it used to be but we had a good time last night recalling that blessed or blasted event, depending on how you look at it...she and I are the only ones left of that cold and wet group that slid their way to the bottom of the hill that Thanksgiving night......I've had a wonderful blessed life ...it's shocking to realize that it's 2/3 over......I'm going to try to be a better person for this last 1/3 to honor my parents who came from nothing and gave me everything

And the world as well as the OT board is better off for that Blessed event Snow.

You rock my Man...keep on rockin' em Baby!

Just giving you a hard time. Don't ever take anything I say, personally.

So are you now retracting your imbecilic remark that I'm stupid?

Or was I supposed to take at least that one personally?

Or maybe @dave is correct that all you do is lie?

Last edited:
It is comical how butthurt you are because I told you your math quiz was gay and to GFY. Poor cunty.

LOL

Just giving you a hard time. Don't ever take anything I say, personally.

Now, dumb dave on the other hand, that is one pathetic human being.....
I seem to be on your mind a little. Your obsession now leaks into threads that I am not involved. I suppose I must have struck a nerve by pointing out your dishonesty was indicative of your lack of intellect.

in snow covered Logan WV a cute 20 yr old wife realized that "the time" had come. Unfortunately she and her husband lived on Reservoir Hill, the highest place in town. No vehicles could get up or down the hill because of the 3 ft of snow that had fallen. The husband's father remembered a sled that his son had used as a child and he, the husband, and Devil Anse Hatfields great grandson strapped that cute little lady to that sled and guided her to the bottom of the hill where they were met by a police paddy wagon ( that should explain a few things:smiley:) that took her to Logan General .....and an hour later the galactic entity now known to the world as Snow Sled Baby made his earthly appearance. That cute little lady is 87 now and her memory isn't as good as it used to be but we had a good time last night recalling that blessed or blasted event, depending on how you look at it...she and I are the only ones left of that cold and wet group that slid their way to the bottom of the hill that Thanksgiving night......I've had a wonderful blessed life ...it's shocking to realize that it's 2/3 over......I'm going to try to be a better person for this last 1/3 to honor my parents who came from nothing and gave me everything

Happy Birthday! Great story. I've heard one somewhat similar to it regarding a guy named Sonny Bono.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT