ADVERTISEMENT

6 thoughts about the game and season so far ...

Failed at VMI was fired for racist comments.
Won't have to worry about that with Social Justice Warrior Kneel Clown as head coach will you? You anti white racists are so predictable mofo is spot on in this debate. Maybe you just embrace WVU's new found status as being forever mediocre in football. BTW how's the Clown doing?

Reactions: Darth_VadEER
Won't have to worry about that with Social Justice Warrior Kneel Clown as head coach will you? You anti white racists are so predictable mofo is spot on in this debate. Maybe you just embrace WVU's new found status as being forever mediocre in football. BTW how's the Clown doing?
More lies from a nut butt.

Reactions: Tylerite
Hired Mike Tomlin...

Hired Mike Tomlin to his
1st coaching job.

Hired Mike Tomlin...

Hired Mike Tomlin to his
1st coaching job.

What the hell does this have to do with Stewart's performance as head coach at WVU? It doesn't. This whole conversation is solely based upon how well Stewart did when he was in full control of the WVU football program.
His quality in his personal life is irrelevant. Him hiring a person who is better at being a head coach is irrelevant. Keep to the topic at hand.

What the hell does this have to do with Stewart's performance as head coach at WVU? It doesn't. This whole conversation is solely based upon how well Stewart did when he was in full control of the WVU football program.
His quality in his personal life is irrelevant. Him hiring a person who is better at being a head coach is irrelevant. Keep to the topic at hand.

Always when discussing subjects here, when cornered, so to speak
- posters result to trading insults as a negotiation weapon.

Obviously if you can't be impressed, with Bill Stewart being senior to
Mike Tomlin, then you are a lost cause and you'll stoop to anything to celebrate your hatred for Bill Stewart.

Your opinions mean Jack sht,
on this subject.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Since you never suited up I highly doubt you would know what any coach is like... especially a successful one like BS was at WVU.

Always when discussing subjects here, when cornered, so to speak
- posters result to trading insults as a negotiation weapon.

Obviously if you can't be impressed, with Bill Stewart being senior to
Mike Tomlin, then you are a lost cause and you'll stoop to anything to celebrate your hatred for Bill Stewart.

Your opinions mean Jack sht,
on this subject.

1. You cannot point to a single insult I have levied against you. Also stop implying that I have animosity toward Bill Stewart just for having the opinion that he wasn't a top tier head coach. He was by all accounts a good man, a great ambassador for WVU, and certainly a better human being than RR or Holgorsen. If anyone is arguing from a point of personal animosity it is you toward "PrickRod" and Holgorsen.

2. The whole reason for our exchange is you interjecting yourself into my commentary on Bill Stewarts 2008 - 2010 seasons trending in a direction away from what Nehlen or RR accomplished. Hiring Tomlin has nothing to do with Stewarts performance as head coach at WVU during this time. Feel free to rebut this with your reasoning as to how it does if that is what you believe. Point and counter point.

3. I have thoroughly articulated my case for Stewart's tenure as head coach not being astronomically better than Holgorsen's or Brown's and certainly no where near as good as RR's or Nehlen's. So you can either address the issues I raised below and save some face or you can prove that your opinion mean less than jack shit as you cannot articulate a stance or defense of that stance on the subject.

4. How do you give credit to Stewart for the 2007 Fiesta Bowl yet refuse to give the same consideration for Holgorsen in 2011? My stance is consistent. RR previous performance as HC is more responsible for the 2007 Fiesta Bowl win just as Stewarts previous performance as HC is more responsible for the 2011 Orange Bowl.

5. Auburn was 5-7 on the year in 2008. How is beating them at home any more of a signature win than #7 11-2 Baylor at home in 2014 for Holgorsen? Or even 2021 VT at home for Brown? Certainly its not in the same conversation at 2005 #10 10-3 Georgia or #19 9-3 Louisville for RR.

6. 28-12. Like I said, App State was 32-9. No one in their right mind would say App State was definitively better than WVU during that time because of the quality of those wins and losses. For WVU the best wins of those 28 were #15 10-3 Pitt at home and #23 9-4 Maryland at home (both clearly better than 5-7 Auburn) All other wins were against unranked teams with at least 5 losses on the season. 8 of the losses were to teams that ended with at least 5 losses on the season. One loss was to a 4 loss team and 3 losses were to ranked teams that actually finished with double digit wins (Cincy twice and LSU once.) How is that not a significant downgrade compared to the results of the 3 years preceding his tenure?

7. How is it that the offense with most of its pieces returning went from 38.9 ppg, winning the BE and Fiesta bowl in 2007 to scoring only 24 ppg, losing the BE and limping into the Car Care Bowl in 2008? How is it that the offense with most of its pieces returning went from 26.7 ppg, losing the BE and embarrassing themselves against NC State in the Citrus Bowl in 2010 to 34.9 ppg, winning the BE, and dropping 70 on Clemson in the Orange Bowl in 2011? How is that not an indictment on the coaching staff's performance given the personnel on the roster was not significantly different in these 2 examples?

Last edited:
Love it when dorks stay online for hours drafting an encyclopedia as a forum response and then enumerate their response to try to look like an authority. Lol. Bells get a life. Mofo is spot on.

Reactions: mofo
Since you never suited up I highly doubt you would know what any coach is like... especially a successful one like BS was at WVU.
How many conference and national titles did Bill Stewart win while coaching at WVU. After all this is what Trolls like yourself base everything on.

Bill was great guy, great family man but not a great coach.

How many conference and national titles did Bill Stewart win while coaching at WVU. After all this is what Trolls like yourself base everything on.

Bill was great guy, great family man but not a great coach.

Seems some people live sad lives and connect their own self worth with whether or not other people share their opinion on how well a public figure does a job. I'd have pity if it wasn't just so comically pathetic.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Doesn't really matter,

Don Nehlen is the best coach EVER
in WVU History at 61%, winning percent

PricRod 70%

Stewart 70%

Strangely Holgerson is
2nd on all time wins at 61.

Winning % and statistics don't factor in everything, like RichRod's divorce from WVU and churn associated.

What's even more strange some
West Virginia fans drooled over
Terry Bowden, and some WVU fans would take RichRod back.

Doesn't really matter,

Don Nehlen is the best coach EVER
in WVU History at 61%, winning percent

PricRod 70%

Stewart 70%

Strangely Holgerson is
2nd on all time wins at 61.

Winning % and statistics don't factor in everything, like RichRod's divorce from WVU and churn associated.

Firat off, I certainly was not someone all excited about Terry like those you keep referencing. Second, I agree that overly simplistic numbers do not tell the story. Which is how Nehlen at 61 winning percentage is above Stewart and RR at 70%. RR's divorce with WVU certainly makes the man an asshole. However when it comes to comparing the results on the field of RR's 70% and Stewart's 70%, RR's results are better. This does not equate to who is the better man and who served WVU better, it is solely an analysis of their ability to be the head coach of a program.

Firat off, I certainly was not someone all excited about Terry like those you keep referencing. Second, I agree that overly simplistic numbers do not tell the story. Which is how Nehlen at 61 winning percentage is above Stewart and RR at 70%. RR's divorce with WVU certainly makes the man an asshole. However when it comes to comparing the results on the field of RR's 70% and Stewart's 70%, RR's results are better. This does not equate to who is the better man and who served WVU better, it is solely an analysis of their ability to be the head coach of a program.

You all twisted up,
so much I actually don't know or care what you are discussing.

But go on with your treck,
maybe you'll accomplish your goal, whatever that may or maynot be.

Maybe,
Around Thursday we'll be focusing on Baylor, Where the past accually intersects with 2021.

You all twisted up,
so much I actually don't know or care what you are discussing.

But go on with your treck,
maybe you'll accomplish your goal, whatever that may or maynot be.

Maybe,
Around Thursday we'll be focusing on Baylor, Where the past accually intersects with 2021.

I'm not twisted up at all. I've been very clear to anyone with basic intelligence. And I don't believe you are stupid. Rather you are saying I'm twisted up to avoid the substance of the discussion that YOU injected yourself into.

I'll make is so simple that you can't avoid answering without it being obvious you are ducking the issue.

1. Is it possible for a person to be a great human being without being capable of doing a job maybe only 100-200 people on the planet can do?
2. How did Stewart's 2008-2010 seasons at WVU equate to better than Holgorsen's in terms more than just winning percentage?
3. How did Stewart's 2008-2010 seasons at WVU give you confidence he was working toward building teams capable of the same level of success as '88, '93, '05, or '07 Mountaineers?

YOU GUYS CAN SPIN IT ANY WAY YOU WANT BUT:

1. CLARENCE "DOC" SPEARS, WHOSE 1922 TEAM IS THE ONLY ... REPEAT, ONLY, FOR A CENTURY! .. WVU TEAM TO BE UNDEFEATED AFTER THE REGULAR SEASON AND THE POST-SEASON.

2. RICH. PAT WHITE, ETC. WAS AWESOME. 9-13 LOSS TO PITT WAS AWFUL BUT IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM IN AMERICA.

3. NEHLEN. HE TOOK A PROGRAM THAT NEEDED LEADERSHIP AND STAY FOR 21 SEASONS. ALTHOUGH HE NEGOTIATED WITH AND WOULD HAVE LEFT WVU FOR OHIO STATE BUT BUCKEYES CHOSE ELSEWHERE.

4. BOBBY BOWDEN.

5. JIM CARLEN.

YOU GUYS CAN SPIN IT ANY WAY YOU WANT BUT:

1. CLARENCE "DOC" SPEARS, WHOSE 1922 TEAM IS THE ONLY ... REPEAT, ONLY, FOR A CENTURY! .. WVU TEAM TO BE UNDEFEATED AFTER THE REGULAR SEASON AND THE POST-SEASON.

2. RICH. PAT WHITE, ETC. WAS AWESOME. 9-13 LOSS TO PITT WAS AWFUL BUT IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM IN AMERICA.

3. NEHLEN. HE TOOK A PROGRAM THAT NEEDED LEADERSHIP AND STAY FOR 21 SEASONS. ALTHOUGH HE NEGOTIATED WITH AND WOULD HAVE LEFT WVU FOR OHIO STATE BUT BUCKEYES CHOSE ELSEWHERE.

4. BOBBY BOWDEN.

5. JIM CARLEN.
Go back to bed.

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal and mofo
We know we are in trouble, when we are reflecting on Holgerson.
Twice the coach as Brown.

Funny how we brought Brown in to get us over that hump Holgorsen supposedly never could and elevate the program now here we are 3 years and and we're still giving a good guy time.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
Incorrect,
I guess everyone was worshipping
PRod as he left Morgantown with his "hair plugs on fire" to Ann Arbor.

Without Bill Stewart holding the team together,
(with Pat White, Owen Schmitt, & Steve Slaton - obviously) DOUBTFUL West Virginia even beats Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

Bill Stewart had to WIN the Fiesta, hire a new coaching staff, finish recruiting players like Tyler Urban and watch PRod gloat.

Bill Stewart was the Head Coach at
West Virginia while WVU stomped Oklahoma.

Yes
Bill Stewart was 28 - 12, additionally
stomped Oklahoma and WVU fan base ran off Bill Stewart.

Wonder if WVU would accept 28 - 12 under Neal Brown?
If Brown's biggest hurdle was a 9 win average Cincinnati team and losses to ECU and Colorado and UConn were acceptable the sure 28-12 would be fine.

Don Nehlen came in and built the WVU football program from nothing to, in eight years, playing for a National title. There was nothing when he showed up.

Nehlen built what all others who followed him took advantage of. RichRod, Coach Stew or Holgersen would not been able to build a program (one) or put WVU in the title game. That fact is undisputed.

Stewart, RichRod and Holgersen are no where near the class of Coach or person that Don Nehlen is/was before, during and after being head coach of the Mountaineers.

Nope...he is right.

You bottom for Kneel Brown, everyday...all day

It's sad because I don't think you have the mental capacity to give consent, but there you are...everyday, taking it...and taking it...and grunting for more
Funny. Do you google your comments or have a book?

Twice the coach as Brown.

Funny how we brought Brown in to get us over that hump Holgorsen supposedly never could and elevate the program now here we are 3 years and and we're still giving a good guy time.
We haven't had a decent coach since Rod Fraud. He had Pat White to make him look good. Then stabs WVU in the back and runs away. Stewart, Holgorsen nor Brown have had success. Stewart maintained, Holgorsen choked and Brown took over a dumbster fire and can not move the needle. We are turning into Kansas at a slow pace.

Damn right I would welcome RR back.
Now that were going back to G5 he probably wouldn't do too bad especially if he found another Pat White.

I wouldn't allow him back in the state after the way he cursed WVU and the entire state.

Don Nehlen came in and built the WVU football program from nothing to, in eight years, playing for a National title. There was nothing when he showed up.

Nehlen built what all others who followed him took advantage of. RichRod, Coach Stew or Holgersen would not been able to build a program (one) or put WVU in the title game. That fact is undisputed.

Stewart, RichRod and Holgersen are no where near the class of Coach or person that Don Nehlen is/was before, during and after being head coach of the Mountaineers.

AGREE ABOUT NEHLEN AND CLASS. DISAGREE ABOUT DON VS. RICH AS A COACHING SUCCESS. BOTH DID GREAT THINGS FOR WVU. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE RICH THE PERSON DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE WHAT RICH DID FOR WVU AS ITS COACH. 9-13 AWAY FROM MAYBE THE FIRST WVU NATIONAL TITLE SINCE DOC SPEARS IN 1922.

AGREE ABOUT NEHLEN AND CLASS. DISAGREE ABOUT DON VS. RICH AS A COACHING SUCCESS. BOTH DID GREAT THINGS FOR WVU. JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE RICH THE PERSON DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE WHAT RICH DID FOR WVU AS ITS COACH. 9-13 AWAY FROM MAYBE THE FIRST WVU NATIONAL TITLE SINCE DOC SPEARS IN 1922.
Do you think that RichRod would of been able to do what Nehlen did? Built a program from nothing to national title game in 8 years? I don’t think so. Not an accurate assumption on your part. I never said I did or didn’t like RichRod as a person and I wouldn’t make the leap that WVU would of been an automatic win in the title game either.

Reactions: mofo
Do you think that RichRod would of been able to do what Nehlen did? Built a program from nothing to national title game in 8 years? I don’t think so. Not an accurate assumption on your part. I never said I did or didn’t like RichRod as a person and I wouldn’t make the leap that WVU would of been an automatic win in the title game either.

Well said.

So you agree that RR, Stewart, or Holgorsen can do what Nehlen did. Seems like trying to find a coach that can after those coaches proved that would be the prudent move.
Here is the list:
Don Nehlen

Here is THE LIST;
Don Nehlen

May I give you the list;
Don Nehlen

Maybe, I should repeat the LIST;
Don Nehlen

Reactions: Rootmaster
AND SPEARS IS THE ONLY COACH IN WVU HISTORY TO HAVE A SEASON, 1922, WITHOUT A LOSS. IN A CENTURY! AND YET WVU FANS GET IRATE WHEN ANY WVU COACH LOSES. THEY DON'T KNOW HISTORY OR HAVE PERSPECTIVE.

May I repeat the List,
Don Nehlen,
Don Nehlen, oh
Don Nehlen

Ps....anyone or any coach can write a consolidation ltr, sorry.

May I repeat the List,
Don Nehlen,
Don Nehlen, oh
Don Nehlen

Ps....anyone or any coach can write a consolidation ltr, sorry.

The question is do you think WVU should try to hire someone who can replicate or at least closely replicate what Nehlen accomplished? And if so, does that mean WVU should hire a new coach once it's apparent the current one is not trending toward doing so?

The question is do you think WVU should try to hire someone who can replicate or at least closely replicate what Nehlen accomplished? And if so, does that mean WVU should hire a new coach once it's apparent the current one is not trending toward doing so?

Let me responsibility answer.

Wvu thought they we replaced Don Nehlen with Neal Brown, finally --
Neal Brown's salary reflects as such.

Neal Brown is owed like ~~ $15 - 20 million over 5 years ish, through 2025 fully Guaranteed.

So do you all want me to finish?

Neal Brown is WVU's coach,
unless he quits.

Doesn't matter what we think,
as most responsible West Virginia fans
now are questioning Neal Brown hire.

We sincerely hope Nicco works out at WVU, for everyone's benefit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT