ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Texas Tech

Dana is most likely very happy looking at this score and this years record. Which truly is $hitty to think about.

There won't be any changes at the HC position. No way we can muscle up the money for the buyout. That extension was absolutely stupid and Lyons should go as well for making it. A guy who hadn't proven himself yet gets an extension? Our offensive coaching staff are in way over their heads. WAY over their heads. Either Brown needs to fire the OC and just say "I'm the OC" or he needs to turn it over to the guy who he is paying to be OC.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
I've never hated a WVU coach until now. It's like watching Huggins keeping McBride as the 7th man. Or Stewart using the Air Raid with White. Or Holgerson using the wing-t with Geno and Tavon.

Brown is actively cutting off this team's capability at the knees. I've never seen a coach genuinely get in the way of his players the way kneel does. Look what happened when he lets some of his talent loose. 17 straight points. We're tied up, and kneel goes back to his god-awful, stinking fvcking shit coaching. To hell with him. I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking he actually has money on the other team. The shit he CONSTANTLY pulls is mind-boggling. For fvck's sake, does he WANT to lose? Fvck him.

This one is ALL on Brown. Too many mental errors down the stretch. Doege should have spiked the ball and Wright should have never downed the ball outside the endzone.
He didn't know. He was told to not return it. Texas Tech, and every other team (except Kansas) in the Big 12, is better coached and prepared than our special teams and offense.

But, Brown will go to the press conference and discuss how things are going to be ok. He liked our fire and spirit in the 2nd half to come back. And that we will be just fine. "Trust the climb"......more like "Watch the Fall".

Reactions: Rootmaster
He is horrible. So horrible. It’s his fault. Neal, it’s your fault. It’s 100% your fault. 100% all you man. All Neal. Take a knee on a kickoff. Throw last ball out of bounds.

Im glad I’m not you LOL. Dude you suck

We are staring at 2-5 down the barrel. At Waco, and at Fort Worth, next two games. I'm going to say 3-9 at best this year, with a QB that our head coach said was much better and prepared than anyone he's seen. Yeah. He said it.

Looks like the defense is finally having a subpar game and it's going to cost us like we knew it would.
Perhaps you should look at the stats before making yourself look foolish.

TT - 266 passing
TT - 80 rushing
TT - 346 total

This TT team was averaging around 500 yards of offense per game coming in.

We are staring at 2-5 down the barrel. At Waco, and at Fort Worth, next two games. I'm going to say 3-9 at best this year, with a QB that our head coach said was much better and prepared than anyone he's seen. Yeah. He said it.
This team won't win another game. Possibly worse yet, this team will lose interest week by week, from players and fans alike.

The D kept TTU to 23, but considering the shit sandwich they were dealt in the first quarter (sack fumbles are always peachy for defenses), and their admirable response for the rest of the game, they can objectively say that the O once again lost them this game.

The fans will check out, knowing what the roster is capable of and knowing how the O play calling hamstrings the talent.

The players will check out, knowing what they can do, and having to deal with inept leadership.

This season could very well turn into a disaster. And it seems like kneel brown is more than willing to steer it into the iceberg.

But hey, we beat Army in that bowl game. You'll have to remind me which one. I sincerely don't remember.

Reactions: Rootmaster
This team won't win another game. Possibly worse yet, this team will lose interest week by week, from players and fans alike.

The D kept TTU to 23, but considering the shit sandwich they were dealt in the first quarter (sack fumbles are always peachy for defenses), and their admirable response for the rest of the game, they can objectively say that the O once again lost them this game.

The fans will check out, knowing what the roster is capable of and knowing how the O play calling hamstrings the talent.

The players will check out, knowing what they can do, and having to deal with inept leadership.

This season could very well turn into a disaster. And it seems like kneel brown is more than willing to steer it into the iceberg.

But hey, we beat Army in that bowl game. You'll have to remind me which one. I sincerely don't remember.
My thoughts are close to yours. How many games before players that have dreams and people in their ears talking about the NFL decide to "opt out"?

What a poorly coached team WVU is. Just awful. Guy takes a knee. Boom down at 5he 9. Horribly coached kid. He didn’t know. Then QB doesn’t spike it after long gain with 10 seconds left. This program is in bad shape.
Go to ****ing hell prick. Head on back to the shit board.

There's a shot at Kansas but it's in question and close right now.

There won't be any changes at the HC position. No way we can muscle up the money for the buyout. That extension was absolutely stupid and Lyons should go as well for making it. A guy who hadn't proven himself yet gets an extension? Our offensive coaching staff are in way over their heads. WAY over their heads. Either Brown needs to fire the OC and just say "I'm the OC" or he needs to turn it over to the guy who he is paying to be OC.
Suppose to be big time. Start acting like it and can coaches after year 3. Even Kansas does it every 2 to 3 years.

I go back to my previous post. Why didn't we let TT score when they ran the ball from around the 10 or 15 with a little more than 2 minutes left? We would have had 2 minutes to score a TD. Instead, we were left with what, 19 seconds, to drive for a FG from our 9?

I bet HCNB never thought about this bit of strategy.

My thoughts are close to yours. How many games before players that have dreams and people in their ears talking about the NFL decide to "opt out"?
I'd assume every poster on this board played sports growing up. D1 is unlikely, but probably at least WV varsity level.

I gotta believe our poor players are in the same positions we were in years ago standing in a huddle, listening to the dad coach draw up a play for his son, who is at best the 3rd best player on the basketball team, or the 8th best on the football team, knowing full well that there's a multitude of better options, and standing around thinking how things would go better if we didn't listen. But fvck that, we wanna play, we gotta bite our tongue and do as the coach says.

Perhaps you should look at the stats before making yourself look foolish.

TT - 266 passing
TT - 80 rushing
TT - 346 total

This TT team was averaging around 500 yards of offense per game coming in.

TTU was missing key pieces. We were home. But the biggest thing is the defense has played much better in games past. They did play subpar compared to their proven capability. If this was 2018's defense I'd say that is a great day for the defense. But these guys could've played better. That said, it's still on the dog crap offense for the loss as the defense shouldn't have to keep every opponent to less than 3 scores for WVU to win.

Dana actually turned the corner here at WVU with his clock management and other HC’ing duties when he finally started giving up playcalling duties. Brown needs to just save the university money by saying he’s always going to be the OC and call the plays or he can bow out and let an offensive coordinator finally implement their system and call their own plays.

Reactions: KingCoal
I go back to my previous post. Why didn't we let TT score when they ran the ball from around the 10 or 15 with a little more than 2 minutes left? We would have had 2 minutes to score a TD. Instead, we were left with what, 19 seconds, to drive for a FG from our 9?

I bet HCNB never thought about this bit of strategy.
All we are missing now is Erin Andrews commenting "There's mass confusion on the West Virginia sideline during the 2008 Colorado game in Boulder.

Last week, even immediately after the loss, I thought maybe this team would be galvanized to come out today and rip tech's head off. A lot like after watching White and Slaton do so well after being put behind the 8 ball against vpi...we were all cautiously optimistic for the next week. And boy, we were not let down....for the remainder of their careers in Morgantown.

2021........Nope. The opposite. Come out flat. Uninspired. Lackadaisical. Emblematic of the HC. Is anyone hyped for next week's game? No? I didn't think so. The fire as been extinguished in this program. Dana's apathy started it. kneel's stubbornness or incompetence or blm dick sucking or whatever else has finished it. WVU is now....Oregon State? Vanderbilt? Kansas? Wake Forest?

Last week, even immediately after the loss, I thought maybe this team would be galvanized to come out today and rip tech's head off. A lot like after watching White and Slaton do so well after being put behind the 8 ball against vpi...we were all cautiously optimistic for the next week. And boy, we were not let down....for the remainder of their careers in Morgantown.

2021........Nope. The opposite. Come out flat. Uninspired. Lackadaisical. Emblematic of the HC. Is anyone hyped for next week's game? No? I didn't think so. The fire as been extinguished in this program. Dana's apathy started it. kneel's stubbornness or incompetence or blm dick sucking or whatever else has finished it. WVU is now....Oregon State? Vanderbilt? Kansas? Wake Forest?
WVU has been Kragthorpe’d.

Last edited:
Now we'll need a true diversity hire to rejuvenate the program!

Say what you want about Charlie Strong, but he definitely revitalized the UL program.
Just couldn’t win at Texas or during his stint at USF.

Grantham at Florida wouldn’t be too bad to look at if we wanted to hire a DC as head coach and then trust that he can bring in a good OC. Yurcich at PSU may be looking for a HC job soon as well and needs to be looked at. Has experience in big conferences and has been successful at each stop.

Reactions: KingCoal

Grantham at Florida wouldn’t be too bad to look at if we wanted to hire a DC as head coach and then trust that he can bring in a good OC. Yurcich at PSU may be looking for a HC job soon as well and needs to be looked at. Has experience in big conferences and has been successful at each stop.
Who's the HC at Martinsburg? Shit, give it to him.

We have former PSU OC now. Do you see the problem there.

Now we'll need a true diversity hire to rejuvenate the program!

Say what you want about Charlie Strong, but he definitely revitalized the UL program.
Revitalized it to what? UL was 7-6, 7-6 then WVU left and he went 11-2 and 12-1. No thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT