ADVERTISEMENT

Watching a replay on CBS Sports

WVU added a late bucket in mop up time, but SFA was simply too much for the overseeded Ears.

Final 70-56.

This guy was just too much for WVU:

Cd3--miUsAEuxTZ.jpg

Not to mention, WVU couldn't handle the press very well. Must be why they call it press virginia.

Reactions: 30Kelly
note to self...
Do not beat Oklahoma in the Big12 playoffs when the head of the NCAA selection committee is from OU.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/mens-basketball-selections-101-committee

The 10-member NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Committee is responsible for selecting, seeding and bracketing the field for the NCAA Tournament. School and conference administrators are nominated by their conference, serve five-year terms and represent a cross-section of the Division I membership.

Committee members spend countless hours evaluating teams during the regular season. They are expected to be experts on the teams within their assigned conferences while maintaining a broad-based knowledge of Division I basketball.

March 11...WVU defeats OU
March 13...WVU selected to play SFA... coincidence, I think not... no way SFA was a 14 seed(Buffalo, Green Bay & Fresno State were the other 14 seeds)
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-men/d1

Compare SFA to the other 14 seeds... at this link
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2016/schedule/Stephen-F-Austin

SFA was 18-0 in conference...a 14-seed...lol

Their Sweet-16 loss to ND... The loss snapped a 21-game winning streak for Stephen F. Austin that was the longest in the country... a 14-seed...lol

looking back on it all... I wish the Hield heave would have counted...

WVU finished the season ranked 11th in the rpi, 8th in the AP, 8th in USA Today
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-rpi

Last edited:
so, how many back-to-backs do we get for basketball...100+ ?

Reactions: 30CAT
Nothing screams loser like some clown who makes excuses for losing to Stephen F. Austin in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament, or suggests that some conspiracy led to the two schools playing. Google, "conspiracy nut," 82.

Nothing screams loser like some clown who makes excuses for losing to Stephen F. Austin in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament, or suggests that some conspiracy led to the two schools playing. Google, "conspiracy nut," 82.
At least the clown didn't blame it on Title IX

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
ttp://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/march-madness-bracket-ranking-the-2016-ncaa-tournament-field-1-68/

this article is from March 14th... see the ranking of the 14-seeds...
a 14-seed = 14x4 ~ 56 ranking... SFU should have been an 8 or 9 seed

33: Stephen F. Austin: The Lumberjacks, again, are one of the best mid-major teams in the country. Thomas Walkup: KNOW THE NAME. This guy is a freaking beast. Brad Underwood has lost 13 games in three seasons at SFA! He'll be hired to a bigger program in a matter of weeks.{head coach for the Oklahoma State men's basketball team}

54: Fresno State: Maybe the best team you don't know enough about. San Diego State was the leader in the Mountain West throughout the regular season, but the Bulldogs were a respectable 25-9 and have not lost since before Valentine's Day. Keep an eye on Marvelle Harris, quite possibly the most under-the-radar senior talent in this field.

58: Green Bay: Linc Darner has brought the Phoenix (one of the few monikers in college hoops not to end in "s") to their first Big Dance in 20 years. Jordan Fouse is a baller.

60: Buffalo: The Bulls are back in the dance for the second straight season, and this time, under a new coach. Root for Nate Oats.

Last edited:
Mrs. Excuse, as I suggested earlier in this thread, it wasn't about big, bad SFA; rather, it was about over rated WVU. #3 x 4 = 12. Using your ranking of SFA at #33 only solidifies my statement.

Loser.

by the way... SFA was ranked 33rd

37. Michigan: The Wolverines got in because they had four really good wins. Duncan Robinson is a transfer from the D-III ranks. Kid can shoot it from anywhere. The Wolverines are downgraded because they don't have their best player, Caris LeVert.

33-11 versus Marshall.

Speaking of "82", since 1982, WVU is 7-1 versus your fake team, Ohio State...

Double U Pee You has a losing record v. Ohio State in both basketball and football, but feel free to cherry pick stats, kitty cat. Oh, and the Lady Buckeyes, who have never lost to WVU's women's team, bounced WVU out of the NCAA Tournament this past season.

WVU still has a losing record v. tOSU in basketball. WVU and Ohio State haven't played since WVU's first Final Four season in a half of a century. It's hard to establish a meaningful "trend" when the schools play so infrequently, but I'll bite. Ohio State is 5-0 vs. WVU in football since 1900, and not a single game has been close. But hey, WVU did beat Ohio State once before then (1897)!

If you want to talk suckeyes, I'll meet you on their board...

WVU should have been a 2-seed...

oh, that's right O$U didn't dance this season..... lol

Xavier, Dayton, Cincinnati all made the dance...

and ND beat Michigan in the first round...

Okay, let me see if I understand what you are saying - wvu should have been a #2 seed and SFA should have been a #9 seed, correct? If so, then I'm still confused. How do you explain a real #2 seed getting blown out by a real #9 seed? In any analysis you can do, it doesn't make your loss look any better.

I' l l s l o w d o w n t h i n g s j u s t f o r y o u . . .

N C A A T o u r n a m e n t 2 0 1 6

T h i s P e r s o n : Joseph R. Castiglione, Committee chair and director of athletics at University of Oklahoma
The 10-member NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Committee is responsible for selecting, seeding and bracketing the field for the NCAA Tournament. School and conference administrators are nominated by their conference, serve five-year terms and represent a cross-section of the Division I membership.

W V U d e f e a t s O U on M a r c h 11...

B r a c k e t s s e l e c t e d o n M a r c h 12/13... W V U vs S F A

this article is from March 14th... see the ranking of the 14-seeds...
a 14-seed = 14x4 ~ 56 ranking... SFU should have been an 8 or 9 seed

33: Stephen F. Austin: The Lumberjacks, again, are one of the best mid-major teams in the country. Thomas Walkup: KNOW THE NAME. This guy is a freaking beast. Brad Underwood has lost 13 games in three seasons at SFA! He'll be hired to a bigger program in a matter of weeks.{head coach for the Oklahoma State men's basketball team}

54: Fresno State: Maybe the best team you don't know enough about. San Diego State was the leader in the Mountain West throughout the regular season, but the Bulldogs were a respectable 25-9 and have not lost since before Valentine's Day. Keep an eye on Marvelle Harris, quite possibly the most under-the-radar senior talent in this field.

58: Green Bay: Linc Darner has brought the Phoenix (one of the few monikers in college hoops not to end in "s") to their first Big Dance in 20 years. Jordan Fouse is a baller.

60: Buffalo: The Bulls are back in the dance for the second straight season, and this time, under a new coach. Root for Nate Oats.

W V U & S F A s h o u l d h a v e n e v e r m e t o n t h e s a m e c o u r t.

2nd & 9th seeds would only meet in the Elite 8...

oh, that's right O$U didn't dance this season..... lol

Xavier, Dayton, Cincinnati all made the dance...

and ND beat Michigan in the first round...

82, you just aren't getting the correct picture. It's not wvu that has the gripe in the seeding of SFA. You were a much higher seed in how it was done and still would have been a much higher seed in your scenario. You do realize that under any statistical analysis, whether you're seeded 11 spots higher or 7 spots higher, you should win that game, right?

The team that got screwed in the seeding was SFA, not wvu. They shouldn't have had to play a mighty 3 (that should have been a 2) in the first round. To their credit, they didn't make excuses and went out and whipped the higher seed.

Double U Pee You has a losing record v. Ohio State in both basketball and football, but feel free to cherry pick stats, kitty cat. Oh, and the Lady Buckeyes, who have never lost to WVU's women's team, bounced WVU out of the NCAA Tournament this past season.
you have a losing record in life.......it's pretty easy to win tournament games if you never have to leave home to do it

you have a losing record in life.......it's pretty easy to win tournament games if you never have to leave home to do it
A bad Lady Buckeyes squad killed WVU in Morganhole a couple of years ago, so it matters not where the two schools play. Mike Carey is Ohio State's prison sissy, just like you're mine.

One can pick a LOT of cherries in 39 years....

Over the last 39 years, Ohio State has been WVU's bitch. Were you even watching college basketball before then?

As a Herd fan, you should be used to being a fan of a team that is WVU's bitch anyway.

One can pick a LOT of cherries in 39 years....

Over the last 39 years, Ohio State has been WVU's bitch. Were you even watching college basketball before then?

As a Herd fan, you should be used to being a fan of a team that is WVU's bitch anyway.
Now you're making up soiled kitty litter, pussy cat. The two schools haven't played at all since 2010 because WVU got destroyed by Gonzaga just before the Final Four bound Buckeyes punked the Zags in Pittsburgh in the NCAA Tournament in 2012. It's not my fault that WVU wasn't even good enough to play Ohio State, puss!

Now you're making up soiled kitty litter, pussy cat. The two schools haven't played at all since 2010 because WVU got destroyed by Gonzaga just before the Final Four bound Buckeyes punked the Zags in Pittsburgh in the NCAA Tournament in 2012. It's not my fault that WVU wasn't even good enough to play Ohio State, puss!

All I can say about that is, over the the last 39 years, WVU owns a winning record over the Buckeyes.

Logo'd

All I can say about that is, over the the last 39 years, WVU owns a winning record over the Buckeyes.

Logo'd
All that I can say to you is that in the last 39 years, Ohio State has accomplished far more than WVU has, but this is nothing new.

More Final Four appearances...check
More Championship Game appearances...check
More NCAA tournament appearances...check
More NCAA tournament wins...check
More conference regular season championships...check
More conference tournament championships...check

Your Fancy Feast has been served, kitty cat.

All that I can say to you is that in the last 39 years, Ohio State has accomplished far more than WVU has, but this is nothing new.

More Final Four appearances...check
More Championship Game appearances...check
More NCAA tournament appearances...check
More NCAA tournament wins...check
More conference regular season championships...check
More conference tournament championships...check

Your Fancy Feast has been served, kitty cat.

Those are some nice accomplishments...Too bad it hasn't accomplished beating WVU more than it has lost to WVU in those 39 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: TIREPUNK
Great point, pussy. Why care about NCAA Tournament appearances and results when you can obsess over sporadic regular season games.

Only a simpleton data mines to the point that he uses 39 years as his gauge, especially when two schools haven't played since 2010.

Head-to-head all time: Ohio State > WVU. Fact.

Only a simpleton data mines to the point that he uses 39 years as his gauge, especially when two schools haven't played since 2010.

you obviously were dropped on your head as a child, or kicked by the family sheep......nothing else could explain your stupidity....and btw....why are you on this board and not the ahia state board?.......maybe you didn't graduate....if you did they must be giving diplomas out over there like they do tattoos......anyone who wants one gets one......EABOSWHAN

Dude, you're talking about a guy who's entire existence consists of wanting WVu to beat Marshall. It doesn't matter if they lose every other game, as long as they beat mean ol' Marshall, he is enamored.

His beloved Ears have been in the canner ever since joining a conference in which they cannot succeed (26-26 isn't what they all had in mind when they made the jump) so his obsession with Marshall is all he has left. It's quite sad, actually.

*cue the typical, worn out, "stalker" response in 3...2...

Dude, you're talking about a guy who's entire existence consists of wanting WVu to beat Marshall. It doesn't matter if they lose every other game, as long as they beat mean ol' Marshall, he is enamored.

His beloved Ears have been in the canner ever since joining a conference in which they cannot succeed (26-26 isn't what they all had in mind when they made the jump) so his obsession with Marshall is all he has left. It's quite sad, actually.

*cue the typical, worn out, "stalker" response in 3...2...
then he definitely "exists" doesn't he.......WVU beats marshall in everything every day except for the amount of fat people and meth use.......MU and fattington will never EVER lose those "titles"........you idiots can't even succeed in your two bit or should I say 200,000 conference....the only team in the Big 12 you could beat is Kansas.....maybe.....fools

Reactions: 30CAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT