ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 12 has more in store for us...

The fact that so many of you are "upset" over young black men voicing their concerns over racial injustice (which DOES still exist, BTW, there is no doubt that America has a long history of racial issues) reflects history in general. Anytime there is a push back on racial inequities, there is a white backlash. Why not just acknowledge history and their concerns and come together? This doesn't have to be a political issue.
Nobody is "upset" over young black men voicing their concerns over racial injustice. We're just tired of little SJW d*ckheads like you who spend all of your time preening about your own "wokeness", but doing little else of any real substance.

You want to come down from the suburbs for a weekend and put on your hats and stickers, but then go home again and pat yourself on the back and go back to your comfortable life, satisfied that you've "helped the cause".

Let me give you a hint: That won't do anything to help black people.

You want to actually accomplish something? Quit marching and start conversing.

But then, that would take real, honest-to-god effort and that would be a lot more work than just wearing a few emblems, now wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Last I checked, when I stand before God either at the Bema Seat or Great White Throne of Judgement, there is NOBODY there with me. There are no people that "look like me" ... there's no relatives ... no friends or enemies ... no associates.

What does that tell you?

We are judged by OUR actions ... and by our spoken & unspoken words & thoughts ... by the content of our hearts and character. I do not bare the blame for the actions of people that "look like me" contrary to the assertion of the author of this narrative. Furthermore, nobody should bare the blame for MY missteps and ill will.

That is called equity and righteousness. Something most in this world (and most on this forum) haven't the slightest clue about.
I just hope I get the chance to stand before God. Why is there a Stairway to Heaven but a Highway to Hell?

Maybe because they are criminal in behavior and resist arrest at a far greater rate than whites? I mean, 13% of the population commit 22% of the felonies. What's up with that?
It's a shame we can't solve that problem.

Poverty is poverty -- but blacks BLAME their poverty on racism which tends (in their view) to justify criminal actions which they don't believe they should be punished for..... Whites tend to blame their poverty on "the rich" or "outside exploitation". Whites still use poverty as justification for crime but not on the scale Blacks do... (as a percentage of their total population). Whites tend to be more willing to accept their punishment for crimes committed...
The real shame is, a lot of black poverty is due to the fact that education is actually looked down upon in the black community.

Nobody is "upset" over young black men voicing their concerns over racial injustice. We're just tired of little SJW d*ckheads like you who spend all of your time preening about your own "wokeness", but doing little else of any real substance.

You want to come down from the suburbs for a weekend and put on your hats and stickers, but then go home again and pat yourself on the back and go back to your comfortable life, satisfied that you've "helped the cause".

Let me give you a hint: That won't do anything to help black people.

You want to actually accomplish something? Quit marching and start conversing.

It's called virtue signalling ... the epitome of pseudo-morality.

It's pretty intoxicating to people of low moral fiber because it's EASY.

The beautiful thing is VERY soon everything artifice will be stripped naked. You're pretty much seeing it now. Everything's been drawn out onto the light now. People glorifying and condoning things that no sensible society would ever cheer on or wish on their fellow man.

Goats or sheep.

Only two choices people now have.

I really really doubt it. College football has the opportunity to do it the right way. If you want to be heard do it without disrespecting anyone. Peaceful marches, helmet stickers, patches and announcements about change is the right way.
That same old, same old sh*t is not going to accomplish anything. People have seen it all a thousand times. Nothing will change until we have real dialogue.

I'm not sure I care anymore. Stand, kneel, sticker-up, raise your fist in the air, carry a sign...I don't care. It won't change who I am or how I treat other people regardless of color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, etc. I may watch the game(s) and I may not. If I don't, it won't be the product on the field that has turned me away.

Who would have thought to end racism, that all it would take is kneeling and stickers.
Amen!

The real shame is, a lot of black poverty is due to the fact that education is actually looked down upon in the black community.
There is a crab mentality in poor communities. Just like sexual and mental abuse in families. Without help, it's usually passed on from generation to generation.

That same old, same old sh*t is not going to accomplish anything. People have seen it all a thousand times. Nothing will change until we have real dialogue.
Real dialogue starts with awareness. When I said the "right way" means it is the right way to start the conversation.

I really really doubt it. College football has the opportunity to do it the right way. If you want to be heard do it without disrespecting anyone. Peaceful marches, helmet stickers, patches and announcements about change is the right way.
I agree

It's called virtue signalling ... the epitome of pseudo-morality.

It's pretty intoxicating to people of low moral fiber because it's EASY.

The beautiful thing is VERY soon everything artifice will be stripped naked. You're pretty much seeing it now. Everything's been drawn out onto the light now. People glorifying and condoning things that no sensible society would ever cheer on or wish on their fellow man.

Goats or sheep.

Only two choices people now have.
Exactly. It's easy and it makes them feel good about themselves.

I just hope I get the chance to stand before God.

That's one reality NOBODY is gonna avoid.

Don't believe in him?

That's fine ... one day everybody will stand (more like kneel) before him and if you had no use for him ... have no worries. You won't have to dwell with him. Somebody else will take you.

To be fair, that's where I belong myself.

Reactions: tomhef and Airport
There is a crab mentality in poor communities. Just like sexual and mental abuse in families. Without help, it's usually passed on from generation to generation.
No, I said BLACK communities. Education is literally frowned upon and disparaged in black the black community as a whole.

As it is in rural white Appalachia. That is why I say it isnt a black or white issue. Its an issue with economic opportunity, education and poverty.

West Virginia is 94.6 percent white but education is tremendously undervalued. For too long people didnt need a college education. They could go into the coal mines of southern WV, the chemical plants in the Kanawha Valley and steel mills of the northern panhandle and make a nice living without college degree. That has all changed but the mentality of not needing an education hasn't changed.

We are starting to see a generational shift with the perspectives on both education and race in WV and across the country but unfortunately it takes time and opportunity to create change which is slow coming.

As it is in rural white Appalachia. That is why I say it isnt a black or white issue. Its an issue with economic opportunity, education and poverty.

West Virginia is 94.6 percent white but education is tremendously undervalued. For too long people didnt need a college education. They could go into the coal mines of southern WV, the chemical plants in the Kanawha Valley and steel mills of the northern panhandle and make a nice living without college degree. That has all changed but the mentality of not needing an education hasn't changed.

We are starting to see a generational shift with the perspectives on both education and race in WV and across the country but unfortunately it takes time and opportunity to create change which is slow coming.
It's a black issue more than it is a poor white issue.

Probably going to need tax dollars to solve that problem.

One thing that has happened that is probably a positive development is the devaluing of college entrance exams. WV has made the ACT part of its standardized testing for high school students so they dont need to take the test separately. And with COVID, most colleges are not requiring an entrance exam at all for the upcoming school year.

We should be tearing down barriers that prevent educational opportunity. The WVU admission model has been long criticized by those focused on educational rankings but why not allow everyone an opportunity to attend? Some will succeed. Some will fail. But why not give anyone interested the chance to prove themselves?

Reactions: stoneleigh
The fact that so many of you are "upset" over young black men voicing their concerns over racial injustice (which DOES still exist, BTW, there is no doubt that America has a long history of racial issues) reflects history in general. Anytime there is a push back on racial inequities, there is a white backlash. Why not just acknowledge history and their concerns and come together? This doesn't have to be a political issue.
I was not even going to comment on this. But, If you want to talk about injustice then lets have a conversation. This white people bad Black people good movement is wrong. You don't fix injustice by calling all whites racist. Do not even say that is not what is going on here. We should always be fair to everyone. If you act like an ass hole you should be treated like one no matter what color. I have to take classes for work that tell me how bad white people are and that we are all racists and we need to pay. Do you think that is the answer?.....Hell no its not the answer. Now we have the Big 12 telling us they are going to mandate that players be allowed to go out and disrespect our country by kneeling for the National Anthem. Is that a cure for racism? Is that a fix? Does that solve a damn thing? No, it increases the divide in America. It continues the ways of the left by pitting men against women, Blacks against whites, the left against the right. When one group has to be bad for the other to feel good that is just wrong. That is how we got here in the first place. This is shameful.

It's a black issue more than it is a poor white issue.

That right there is the problem. Too many people want to argue over who values education less. Who is poorer. Who uses more drugs. Who gets locked up more. Like coming out on top of those lists is some type of badge of honor.

It makes far more sense to acknowledge that we have problems in those areas both black and white and working together to solve them rather than arguing over who has it worse.

One thing that has happened that is probably a positive development is the devaluing of college entrance exams. WV has made the ACT part of its standardized testing for high school students so they dont need to take the test separately. And with COVID, most colleges are not requiring an entrance exam at all for the upcoming school year.

We should be tearing down barriers that prevent educational opportunity. The WVU admission model has been long criticized by those focused on educational rankings but why not allow everyone an opportunity to attend? Some will succeed. Some will fail. But why not give anyone interested the chance to prove themselves?

I would agree but at the juco/community college level. Prove yourself there then transfer.

Reactions: tomhef
It's a shame we can't solve that problem.
The slogan BLM should also include, your life matters don't resist. When they become self aware that they are the ones causing their own death, for the most part, they that will be a starting point.

Reactions: Eagle25427
I was not even going to comment on this. But, If you want to talk about injustice then lets have a conversation. This white people bad Black people good movement is wrong. You don't fix injustice by calling all whites racist. Do not even say that is not what is going on here. We should always be fair to everyone. If you act like an ass hole you should be treated like one no matter what color. I have to take classes for work that tell me how bad white people are and that we are all racists and we need to pay. Do you think that is the answer?.....Hell no its not the answer. Now we have the Big 12 telling us they are going to mandate that players be allowed to go out and disrespect our country by kneeling for the National Anthem. Is that a cure for racism? Is that a fix? Does that solve a damn thing? No, it increases the divide in America. It continues the ways of the left by pitting men against women, Blacks against whites, the left against the right. When one group has to be bad for the other to feel good that is just wrong. That is how we got here in the first place. This is shameful.
It would help if people would admit that BLM isn't true to blacks.

I would agree but at the juco/community college level. Prove yourself there then transfer.

I dont have a problem with that if our model was setup for it. But we really aren't properly organized to make that work in WV because our Community Colleges aren't designed to be feeder schools.

I am still trying to understand the logic in stripping the community colleges away from the 4 year institutions - 10-15 years ago. All it has done is fragment the educational system more and create additional funding problems.

WV has one of the highest number of state sponsored higher education instituations per capita in the country. Yet we have a low college going rate. Some people would have a fit but most of our state and community colleges need to be a division of WVU or Marshall (you would never achieve it politically without including them). This would allow for greater access to Capital for these schools and promote a more streamline transition for students to transfer after a year or two of success closer to home.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingofTowers
That right there is the problem. Too many people want to argue over who values education less. Who is poorer. Who uses more drugs. Who gets locked up more. Like coming out on top of those lists is some type of badge of honor.

It makes far more sense to acknowledge that we have problems in those areas both black and white and working together to solve them rather than arguing over who has it worse.
Facts are facts and the fact is, education is actually frowned upon by the greater part of the black community. It is not frowned upon by most of the white community. You're trying to equate 2 things that are not the same.

You don't fix a problem by ignoring facts and pretending that they don't exist, just because they make you uncomfortable.

Now we have the Big 12 telling us they are going to mandate that players be allowed to go out and disrespect our country by kneeling for the National Anthem. Is that a cure for racism? Is that a fix? Does that solve a damn thing? No, it increases the divide in America. It continues the ways of the left by pitting men against women, Blacks against whites, the left against the right. When one group has to be bad for the other to feel good that is just wrong. That is how we got here in the first place. This is shameful.

The taraformers who have OPENLY cheered on social reformation (i.e. the underpinnings of globalism) amid a genuine medical crisis WANT division. They are loving the way things are progressing.

America is not falling. It has already fallen.

Thing is, the restrainer subdued plans that were arguably being set in place in the early 60's. It's been a slow walk, but it's progressing briskly now. And what do we see? People hanging off the side of a crumbling building thinking an election of their liking will right the ship. Anything to get us back to the world pre-Covid.

Where to even begin with those people.

Told people in March that full stadiums ... full arenas ... full restaurants ... full movie theatres ... were now relics of the past. Shortly, full shelves in the stores will be relics as well. Wait until the food supply is crimped by 40% or more. That is going to be frightening and distressing to watch.

If people have their faith in man, they have it in the wrong place.

Are people seeing it NOW? The world is not ending. Something else has begun.

Considering the high profile "social injustice" casualties have also been, well per the autopsy, have had high levels of drugs to have caused the death, maybe the BigXII could promote an anti-drug campaign.

Reactions: pburg01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT