ADVERTISEMENT

The Big 12 has more in store for us...

They shouldn’t change the tradition of the team running out on the field. That would just be wrong. We have had the same songs played in the same order and then the entrance. This should not be changed.

It said for schools that do not allow bands. Does anyone know if WVU band has been practicing? If they practice together then they can play.

Man......big 12 could use this season to capitalize, without 2 P5 conferences playing. Instead, they’re driving a knife into their own foot.....much like the nfl has
Yea I think a lot of sport organizations as well as athletes are overplaying their hand . I saw a stat today that before the Floyd incident that only 18% backed BLM , after that incident it went up to 25% , but since the riots have started its dropped all the way down to 11% .

Why tf do players need to be on the field for the national anthem? They never have before and shouldn't be for the sake of some sjw pandering.

Also F mandates requiring everyone in the conference to wear a patch. Our team deciding on their own to wear a sticker is one thing, but the conference forcing political messages on every team is overboard. Shew.

Why tf do players need to be on the field for the national anthem? They never have before and shouldn't be for the sake of some sjw pandering.

Also F mandates requiring everyone in the conference to wear a patch. Our team deciding on their own to wear a sticker is one thing, but the conference forcing political messages on every team is overboard. Shew.
if you think the stickers are unanimously supported by the players, you are out of your mind. You can’t get 85 people to agree about anything. many are afraid to stand up and rightfully so.

popcorn-landing.gif

Reactions: 1st&goalWV
I will back our team, up and to the point of not standing for the anthem. If you want people to be behind a movement then bring the fans/society together. Once they separate people it will all turn to shit. I hope the B12 is smarter than this. There is a way to do this but so far no one has been smart enough to do it. Dividing isn’t the answer and with the anthem involved it could go wrong in a hurry.

if you think the stickers are unanimously supported by the players, you are out of your mind. You can’t get 85 people to agree about anything. many are afraid to stand up and rightfully so.
And luckily they'd rather be good teammates and support the majority of their teammates rather than cause a stink over a measly sticker.

Bathed in misery in the name of social justice™, while games are postponed or canceled due to rules™ regarding The Virus™.

Again, we don't watch sports to be depressed.

I'm not saying I won't watch, but my desire to has significantly been reduced to almost nothing.

I will likely miss a lot of games because frankly, I don't give a shit anymore.

Bathed in misery in the name of social justice™, while games are postponed or canceled due to rules™ regarding The Virus™.

Again, we don't watch sports to be depressed.

I'm not saying I won't watch, but my desire to has significantly been reduced to almost nothing.

I will likely miss a lot of games because frankly, I don't give a shit anymore.

I'd say widespread food shortages (watch that one closely) and escalating unrest is gonna displace the "importance" of sports, which as I stated in March, was never going to be allowed to match on.

If something even more "exotic" happens soon, things are going to get utterly cray cray.

Remember ... "Like no time on Earth"

Maranatha.

I'd say widespread food shortages (watch that one closely) and escalating unrest is gonna displace the "importance" of sports, which as I stated in March, was never going to be allowed to match on.

If something even more "exotic" happens soon, things are going to get utterly cray cray.

Remember ... "Like no time on Earth"

Maranatha.
The players are mentally checked out because they're more interested in sending a message than making a tackle. We're going to see some bad football anyway due to all of this.

Time to explore new hobbies.

The big problem is a few days ago it’s a measly sticker, then just a measly SJ patch ( forced on them), going to be out during national anthem so they can kneel. Where does it stop???? Answer it will not stop until people start waking the F*** Up!!!
And luckily they'd rather be good teammates and support the majority of their teammates rather than cause a stink over a measly sticker.

I have three words. Just play football.

period

And I’ll be honest. If there is kneeling during the anthem, wvu will lose hundreds of fans if not more. Does not matter how I feel or think. That is the reality period. This is not going to go over well at all.

I have three words. Just play football.

period

And I’ll be honest. If there is kneeling during the anthem, wvu will lose hundreds of fans if not more. Does not matter how I feel or think. That is the reality period. This is not going to go over well at all.

It’s time for voices to be heard. I’ll be calling The Big 12 and the ADs office voicing my opinion of this bull$hit they’re laying on us.

Last edited:
The players are mentally checked out because they're more interested in sending a message than making a tackle. We're going to see some bad football anyway due to all of this.

Lol!

Reactions: moe
The fact that so many of you are "upset" over young black men voicing their concerns over racial injustice (which DOES still exist, BTW, there is no doubt that America has a long history of racial issues) reflects history in general. Anytime there is a push back on racial inequities, there is a white backlash. Why not just acknowledge history and their concerns and come together? This doesn't have to be a political issue.

The fact that so many of you are "upset" over young black men voicing their concerns over racial injustice (which DOES still exist, BTW, there is no doubt that America has a long history of racial issues) reflects history in general. Anytime there is a push back on racial inequities, there is a white backlash. Why not just acknowledge history and their concerns and come together? This doesn't have to be a political issue.

Statistics that show racial injustices? This is a false narrative, and there are reasons black men are treated a bit differently by law enforcement, but I'll let you provide statistics showing that it does exist like you say.

Statistics that show racial injustices? This is a false narrative, and there are reasons black men are treated a bit differently by law enforcement, but I'll let you provide statistics showing that it does exist like you say.
What are the reasons why black men are treated a bit differently by law enforcement?

As stated, college football is the LAST thing people are going to be worried about in the coming weeks/months. For years I used football as an escape from the daily rigors from a life that was frequently arduous. However, you do reach a point when you realize the paradigm has changed so dramatically, and so many life-altering issues are now afoot, that sports are soon to be relegated to insignificant in the overall scheme of things.

It amazes me how people cannot see that sports has been engulfed by the incoming (and forthcoming) trials to the point it is now literally adopting political characteristics. That very phenomena should let you know that sports has already set foot on the gallows.

That was obvious as far back as March.

Supposedly it was "crazy".

Now it is reality.

Unfortunately, we are now a society that is willfully blind and lacks any and all discernment. Those who can see better be damn thankful they can. The things we are about to witness are gonna overwhelm the vast majority.

You can't say this country (and world) has not brought it on itself.

Last edited:
How about the black police chief who was killed by a black rioter? Or the HUNDREDS of black deaths in Chicago by other black hands this year? Or unborn black deaths via abortion?

That’s what people mean by a false narrative. Only if it fits their agenda - or your’s, apparently.

How about the black police chief who was killed by a black rioter? Or the HUNDREDS of black deaths in Chicago by other black hands this year? Or unborn black deaths via abortion?

That’s what people mean by a false narrative. Only if it fits their agenda - or your’s, apparently.
Those are different problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT