ADVERTISEMENT

Tell Huggy to take care of himself, he's a pompous ass

If you are referring to Huggins refusal to submit to the D'antoni doctrine and refusal to admit that he is skeered of Marsha, then yes he may be pompous,
WVU's record in Huntington is a matter of fact, a record unblemished by any victories! I suspect while Huggy didn't personally get hung with those L's he doesn't want to test the waters! And who can blame the ol boy, weak heart and all!

WVU's record in Huntington is a matter of fact, a record unblemished by any victories! I suspect while Huggy didn't personally get hung with those L's he doesn't want to test the waters! And who can blame the ol boy, weak heart and all!

Dantoni shouldn't have poked the Huggy Bear.......since he went ahead and did it Marshall will never get their most coveted game, either in Huntington, Charleston, or Morgantown, and most certainly never home and home.

Acting like a high school coach (which Dantoni is) doesn't account for much when you're dealing with a Hall of Famer.

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2014/1...ntaineers-basketball-marshall-capital-classic

Last edited:
Huggy Bear.......

Acting like a high school coach (which Dantoni is) doesn't account for much when you're dealing with a Hall of Famer.
Just curious, what Hall of Fame is this Huggy Bear a member? I've searched and searched, but cannot find this guy enshrined in any Hall of Fames.

Dantoni shouldn't have poked the Huggy Bear.......since he went ahead and did it Marshall will never get their most coveted game, either in Huntington, Charleston, or Morgantown, and most certainly never home and home.

http://www.smokingmusket.com/2014/1...ntaineers-basketball-marshall-capital-classic
Hard not to like Huggy, he's says what's on his mind without consideration to political correctness! But not all that sure what Danny said that pushed his buttons. Without question the WVU faction has never wanted the MU basketball series and has displayed a " the game doesn't help us" mentality since the series was renewed in 1978. Even when MU has won the game, the sun still came up the next day and Morgantown didn't fall off the face of the Earth. At some point isn't it just a game between the only two D-1 teams in the state.

Hard not to like Huggy, he's says what's on his mind without consideration to political correctness! But not all that sure what Danny said that pushed his buttons. Without question the WVU faction has never wanted the MU basketball series and has displayed a " the game doesn't help us" mentality since the series was renewed in 1978. Even when MU has won the game, the sun still came up the next day and Morgantown didn't fall off the face of the Earth. At some point isn't it just a game between the only two D-1 teams in the state.

I keep hearing from the Herdiots about how WVU/Marshall is good for the state.......to me it seems that it's only good for Marshall. You people need it, we don't. Football wise the game would be in September when we both can sell out our respective stadiums regardless who we play so how would the state benefit from one sold out stadium as opposed to two sold out stadiums ? Basketball wise, for Marshall to demand a home and home every year is just not going to happen, no teams play home and home every year with anyone other than the teams in their own conference. Regarding the fact that we are the only Div 1 teams in the state, Huntington is 200 miles from Morgantown, it's not like we are next door neighbors.

Last edited:
I keep hearing from the Herdiots about how WVU/Marshall is good for the state.......to me it seems that it's only good for Marshall. You people need it, we don't. Football wise the game would be in September when we both can sell out our respective stadiums regardless who we play so how would the state benefit from one sold out stadium as opposed to two sold out stadiums ? Basketball wise, for Marshall to demand a home and home every year is just not going to happen, no teams play home and home every year with anyone other than the teams in their own conference. Huntington is 200 miles from Morgantown, it's not like we are next door neighbors.
I don't think either school "needs" it, we'll both play a full season without but you're mistaken that no teams play home and home with anyone but conference competition. If you take Machevelli out of the equation, isn't sports just about entertainment?

So, he's not a hall of famer. Thanks for clarifying.

Nit-picking much ? Watch any WVU basketball game and listen to the commentators when they keep mentioning that Huggs is destined to be a Hall of Fame coach.

I don't think either school "needs" it, we'll both play a full season without but you're mistaken that no teams play home and home with anyone but conference competition. If you take Machevelli out of the equation, isn't sports just about entertainment?

So tell me any Div. 1 basketball program that plays home and home every year with a non-conference opponent.

Nit-picking much ? Watch any WVU basketball game and listen to the commentators when they keep mentioning that Huggs is destined to be a Hall of Fame coach.
You answered my question. He's not in the Hall of Fame, despite you calling him a Hall of Famer. Thanks for answering.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
You answered my question. He's not in the Hall of Fame, despite you calling him a Hall of Famer. Thanks for answering.

Another moral victory for a Herdiot.......can you deny that Huggs will make the Hall of Fame ?
Another thing for certain, your glorified high school coach will never make it there.

can you deny that Huggs will make the Hall of Fame ?
We're going to have to wait and see. Personally, I'm still waiting to see if Pete Rose will make it in. He too, is a guy with the credentials, but his shady dealings seem to be an issue with those that cast the votes.

The series was stopped because no one was willing to foot the bill to put it on. Without a sponsor paying the rent which allowed for both schools to split the gate, neither team is willing to split the expenses and take a smaller amount for a neutral site game only seen on Fox 11, ASN, WSAZ or even when it went BIG TIME Root Sports. You can sit around for the next 20 years and call each other chicken, but this is all about the money (or lack thereof).

Reactions: Marine03
Florida State does not play Florida twice in the same year,https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/florida-state-men-s-basketball-2016-17-schedule
Cincinnati does not play Xavier twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2132/cincinnati-bearcats
Wisconsin does not play Marquette twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/275
Louisville and Kentucky don't play twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/97
Georgia does not play Georgia Tech twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/61

I'm still waiting for you to show me a Div. 1 school that plays a non-conference game home and home every year.

We're going to have to wait and see. Personally, I'm still waiting to see if Pete Rose will make it in. He too, is a guy with the credentials, but his shady dealings seem to be an issue with those that cast the votes.
The " hit king" should be in Cooperstown! Maybe not in the Vatican but plenty of other knuckleheads in the HOF!

Reactions: old buzzard

Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame, that we can agree on.

Florida State does not play Florida twice in the same year,https://floridastate.rivals.com/news/florida-state-men-s-basketball-2016-17-schedule
Cincinnati does not play Xavier twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/2132/cincinnati-bearcats
Wisconsin does not play Marquette twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/275
Louisville and Kentucky don't play twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/97
Georgia does not play Georgia Tech twice in the same year http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/61

I'm still waiting for you to show me a Div. 1 school that plays a non-conference game home and home every year.
We don't seem to be saying the same thing....are you suggesting we play twice in the same season? Not sure MU would go for that?

We don't seem to be saying the same thing....are you suggesting we play twice in the same season? Not sure MU would go for that?

That's exactly what Dantoni said and if you read the article that I linked you would see where he said - "Here's my suggestion : Morgantown, Charleston. Next year Charleston, Huntington and just keep it that way.......If they back out now they're afraid of us."

Does that not sound to you like he's expecting two games every year ? And does that not sound like a high school coach threatening a future Hall of Fame coach ?

Last edited:
That's exactly what Dantoni said and if you read the article that I linked you would see where he said - "Here's my suggestion : Morgantown, Charleston. Next year Charleston, Huntington and just keep it that way.......If they back out now they're afraid of us."

Does that not sound to you like he's expecting two games every year ? And does that not sound like a high school coach threatening a future Hall of Fame coach ?
So you would go for home and home in alternate years? My hunch is Huggy wouldn't .

I'm like Huggs........we don't need Marshall at all. Neither in BB or football.
We would probably let you boys off the hook, if you would simply be honest and admit to why you don't want to play the Herd. We've heard the tall tales for years, and quite frankly, we take those with a grain of salt. If you would only admit that you're scared of losing, then we would admire you for your honesty, and well, as I said, let you off the hook.

We would probably let you boys off the hook, if you would simply be honest and admit to why you don't want to play the Herd. We've heard the tall tales for years, and quite frankly, we take those with a grain of salt. If you would only admit that you're scared of losing, then we would admire you for your honesty, and well, as I said, let you off the hook.

You will let us off the hook ? Do you realize how silly that sounds ? You're 200 miles away, your football program has seen its better days, your basketball coach is inexperienced at this level, CUSA payouts are going to send you back to FCS and you think you have us on some "hook" that you're willing to let us off of if we will only yield to your demands ? Talk about taking something with a grain of salt !

Reactions: Motown Mounty

There's the old Tony ... welcome back!!!! [banana]

You will let us off the hook ? Do you realize how silly that sounds ? You're 200 miles away, your football program has seen its better days, your basketball coach is inexperienced at this level, CUSA payouts are going to send you back to FCS and you think you have us on some "hook" that you're willing to let us off of if we will only yield to your demands ? Talk about taking something with a grain of salt !
It does "sound" silly. Just as silly as the fact that so many Walmart WVU fans live 160 miles or more from Morganhole, and didn't graduate from WVU, but feel entitled to beat their chests and brag about the Old Fold & Blew, anyway.

It does "sound" silly. Just as silly as the fact that so many Walmart WVU fans live 160 miles or more from Morganhole, and didn't graduate from WVU, but feel entitled to beat their chests and brag about the Old Fold & Blew, anyway.
as I watched President Trumps speech Tuesday night I realized that a lot of good people have fought and died to give you the right to be an ass hole....you're not worth it...a complete waste of sperm...you are "X" ed from my world

The series was stopped because no one was willing to foot the bill to put it on. Without a sponsor paying the rent which allowed for both schools to split the gate, neither team is willing to split the expenses and take a smaller amount for a neutral site game only seen on Fox 11, ASN, WSAZ or even when it went BIG TIME Root Sports. You can sit around for the next 20 years and call each other chicken, but this is all about the money (or lack thereof).

Correct. I think it's a shame that both schools don't play in either sport, honestly

Correct. I think it's a shame that both schools don't play in either sport, honestly
Just makes sense but we can never get past WVU's position that they're too good to play MU...but not too good to play the WCU Catamounts. They have more disingenuous excuses than protractor has angles.

as I watched President Trumps speech Tuesday night I realized that a lot of good people have fought and died to give you the right to be an ass hole....you're not worth it...a complete waste of sperm...you are "X" ed from my world
I watched it as well....and the boy sounded Presidential.

what's up coach?

Nada, I got one more open tourney to coach, then regionals, and then states if he qualifies. After March 18th, I get a break for a month then it's baseball season for him and softball for her. 6 days a week at a ball field [thumbsup]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT