Herd Fever

Junior
Sep 25, 2008
Flips from Marshall to LSU.
Locklear to Tennessee
Etheridge to Louisville
Pitts more than likely going to Florida
Ross to North Carolina

Looks like the instate schools are going o-fer with the greatest senior class in WV HS football history.

It's one thing for G5 Marshall to lose out on this talent to P5 programs but it's another that Alcoholgerson had no chance keeping the instate talent

Flips from Marshall to LSU.
Locklear to Tennessee
Etheridge to Louisville
Pitts more than likely going to Florida
Ross to North Carolina

Looks like the instate schools are going o-fer with the greatest senior class in WV HS football history.

It's one thing for G5 Marshall to lose out on this talent to P5 programs but it's another that Alcoholgerson had no chance keeping the instate talent

Can't have it both ways.

You play the poor little Marshall on the one hand but use that very whine to explain the loss of an already committed player.

Hasn't the narrative been, at a minimum, that you guys have not only caught up to us, a P5 school, but have passed us by, facts be damned?

In fact, isn't it about time that MU starts to dominate recruiting in the state of WV?

When will that come about?

Is it po' little Marshall or is it MU the dominant power in WV?

Reactions: 30CAT
Have any West Virginia players committed to Marshall yet?

Seth Stewart was until LSU offered.

But that's besides the point. This year WV can have 6-7 kids sign D1A P5 scholarships and only 1 is being looked at to stay in-state. Yea it stings Marshall because we ended up in the Top 5 for almost all of them while WVU didn't even get a sniff from all but 2 and Pitts is going to Florida mark it down

It's an indictment on the status of the wvu program and the ability of its staff.

Losing out to LSU, Florida, and Tennessee is somewhat understandable due to those programs being far superior to wvu. But, most P5 programs can close their borders - especially in tiny, hardly recruited states like WV - from other programs.

Losing your own to UNC and Louisville? Though those athletic departments are still better than wvu, at some point, Morgantown has to show an ability to belong as a P5, since they aren't doing it on the field.

Perhaps, Dana could have hired a high school head coach from the state and hid his coaching deficiencies for a couple of years before firing him.

But that's besides the point. This year WV can have 6-7 kids sign D1A P5 scholarships and only 1 is being looked at to stay in-state. Yea it stings Marshall because we ended up in the Top 5 for almost all of them while WVU didn't even get a sniff from all but 2 and Pitts is going to Florida mark it down

Doesn't this fall into the "moral victory" category for Marshall?

And I'll take my chances recruiting against the Herd for WV kids any day of the week.

The question you ask is "Do you want to compete at the highest level?" If he says "yes" then you know he's not considering MU. If he says "no" then you just walk away.

Hilarious watching Herd fans twist Marshall's misfortunes to a "victory" over WVU.

This is how Herd fans earned the name "Moral Victory U fans"....

Hilarious watching Herd fans twist Marshall's misfortunes to a "victory" over WVU.

This is how Herd fans earned the name "Moral Victory U fans"....

I know right.

The difference is that WVU has actually flipped LSU commitments to WVU AND those players have laid years of ass whippings on Marshall.

Don't believe me? Google Pat White.

WVU vs LSU is a recruiting battle. Marshall vs LSU is a "hope he has a low gpa and takes his SATs drunk" battle.

I know right.

The difference is that WVU has actually flipped LSU commitments to WVU AND those players have laid years of ass whippings on Marshall.

WVU vs LSU is a recruiting battle. Marshall vs LSU is a "hope he has a low gpa and takes his SATs drunk" battle.

Man winning that recruiting battle 10 years ago really set back LSU. I guess it didn't matter when they kicked your ass up and down the field a couple years ago.

I'm not trying to say this is a victory for Marshall or even argue. I'm stating the fact that WVU in a rare recruiting year for WVU had no chance in keeping the P5 talent in-state

Man winning that recruiting battle 10 years ago really set back LSU. I guess it didn't matter when they kicked your ass up and down the field a couple years ago.

I'm not trying to say this is a victory for Marshall or even argue. I'm stating the fact that WVU in a rare recruiting year for WVU had no chance in keeping the P5 talent in-state
You sure?

i did. this came up:

shoec_zps0ttys8pl.jpg

Les Miles: "Son, I know you want to be a QB. But, you just aren't good enough to play that position here. If you want to be a QB, you will have to go sign with a far inferior school."

Patty: "OK. How about receiver. You've seen me run. Can I play receiver? Pretty please, Coach?"

Les Miles: "Again, son. You just aren't good enough to play on the offensive side of the ball here. We may be able to give you a scholarship to play defensive back if our first 18 options decide to go elsewhere. We will offer you a schollie, but you can't commit to it, because we have to see where all of the defensive backs that we actually want end up signing. You just aren't good enough to play quarterback or receiver here."

RichRod: "Hey, Patty. Wanna' come handoff and run with the ball sometimes? Don't worry, we won't make you throw it."

Reactions: Herd Fever

I hope you marked that down in pencil

i did. this came up:

shoec_zps0ttys8pl.jpg

Les Miles: "Son, I know you want to be a QB. But, you just aren't good enough to play that position here. If you want to be a QB, you will have to go sign with a far inferior school."

Patty: "OK. How about receiver. You've seen me run. Can I play receiver? Pretty please, Coach?"

Les Miles: "Again, son. You just aren't good enough to play on the offensive side of the ball here. We may be able to give you a scholarship to play defensive back if our first 18 options decide to go elsewhere. We will offer you a schollie, but you can't commit to it, because we have to see where all of the defensive backs that we actually want end up signing. You just aren't good enough to play quarterback or receiver here."

RichRod: "Hey, Patty. Wanna' come handoff and run with the ball sometimes? Don't worry, we won't make you throw it."
I know you hate pat for some reason but the guy was a very successful college qb

i did. this came up:

shoec_zps0ttys8pl.jpg

I seem to recollect that he played pretty well against you guys. Right?

I hope you marked that down in pencil

You think Pitts is going to WVU. I know for a fact his top 3 is VT, Florida, and Oklahoma unless Alabama comes with a committable offer. Then all bets are off. All the IN-State kids know Alcoholgerson is gone after the season no matter how good WVU do. And with the talent at WVU and the low level talent yall been recruiting, another 7 win season is on the horizon.

But it's sad when your the only P5 school in a state and can't close your borders. Especially in a year where WVU could have signed 6 P5 kids right in-state. Maybe you should stop paying Seider for vacations back home and have him pounding the streets in WV. I mean 3 OL all leaving the state when your OL youth is very weak

You think Pitts is going to WVU. I know for a fact his top 3 is VT, Florida, and Oklahoma unless Alabama comes with a committable offer. Then all bets are off. All the IN-State kids know Alcoholgerson is gone after the season no matter how good WVU do. And with the talent at WVU and the low level talent yall been recruiting, another 7 win season is on the horizon.

But it's sad when your the only P5 school in a state and can't close your borders. Especially in a year where WVU could have signed 6 P5 kids right in-state. Maybe you should stop paying Seider for vacations back home and have him pounding the streets in WV. I mean 3 OL all leaving the state when your OL youth is very weak
Are you trying to convince yourself or me ?

I'll be here all week only if you promise to return .

We will get the best lineman in the state. Our oline depth is good and our youth is good. You are just talking out your ass.

Last edited:
Waiting on Herd Fester to give us the final summary on our awful receiver group he promised last year.

We will get the best lineman in the state. Our oline depth is good and our youth is good. You are just talking out your ass.

Lol who? Ross is down to Marshall, Tennessee, UNC, and Florida State, Stewart committed to LSU and Locklear is heading to Tennessee.

Who in the state is better than those 3 at the OL?

You are 100% making a LSU verbal commitment about Marshall. Never once did I claim it set LSU back. Didn't LSU win a NC Pat's junior year? Just pointing out the difference between P5 recruiting and Prop 5 recruiting.

When the LSU commit is an In-State who was once committed to Marshall, your right it is about Marshall. It was your fellow WVU fans who made the Pat Whte reference

Losing out to LSU, Florida, and Tennessee is somewhat understandable due to those programs being far superior to wvu.

We've never played Tennessee head to head in football.
We have three BCS bowl wins, Tennessee has one.
Tennessee has three losing records in the last five seasons.

You're a moron.

We've never played Tennessee head to head in football.
We have three BCS bowl wins, Tennessee has one.
Tennessee has three losing records in the last five seasons.

You're a moron.

How have you learned not to challenge me after all of the embarrassment you've had at my hands?

Tennessee is far, far superior of an athletic and football program than wvu. Arguing otherwise is something even the other most foolish of wvu fans wouldn't do.

Now, if you want me to being facts into this discussion to make you look like the copycat moron that you are, just left me know. If not, just take this as your one warning before I further humiliate you like I have so many times before on here, which has led to you spending the next week posting frequently on the non-sports board while avoiding this board in hopes everyone would forget your massacre.

How have you learned not to challenge me after all of the embarrassment you've had at my hands?

Tennessee is far, far superior of an athletic and football program than wvu. Arguing otherwise is something even the other most foolish of wvu fans wouldn't do.

Now, if you want me to being facts into this discussion to make you look like the copycat moron that you are, just left me know. If not, just take this as your one warning before I further humiliate you like I have so many times before on here, which has led to you spending the next week posting frequently on the non-sports board while avoiding this board in hopes everyone would forget your massacre.

I post very often on the OT board. I don't post here very often. If it makes you feel better about yourself, you can continue to think I'm avoiding you. [laughing]

And please do, "being" some facts to the discussion. I'm "lefting" you know right now. Like three BCS bowl wins versus one BCS bowl win. Three losing records in the last five years. [laughing]

And please do, "being" some facts to the discussion. I'm "lefting" you know right now. Like three BCS bowl wins versus one BCS bowl win. Three losing records in the last five years. [laughing]

More instances of auto-correct. Auto-correct also changed his correctly applied grammar and changed the whole paragraph into an embarrassing run-on sentence. Damn auto-correct.

I'd bolt the state to. This is nothing knew regarding the states top talent dating all the way back to the Moss-Howard days at DuPont.

I post very often on the OT board. I don't post here very often. If it makes you feel better about yourself, you can continue to think I'm avoiding you. [laughing]

You were involved in two threads for days on here. Immediately after I proved you wrong in your attempt to call me out, you didn't post here for a week while posting frequently on the other board. When called out on avoiding this board after the embarrassment, you claimed you had been busy . . . yet not busy enough to prohibit you from posting multiple times each day on the other board. A coward and a liar.

There is a one letter difference between "bring" and "being." That one letter is "r" vs. "e". Those two letters happen to be right next to each other on a keyboard.

The things I call you morons out on aren't auto-correct or typos. They are clear demonstrations of a lack of intelligence (wharehouse).

There is a huge difference. You're probably too dumb to know that though.

More instances of auto-correct. Auto-correct also changed his correctly applied grammar and changed the whole paragraph into an embarrassing run-on sentence. Damn auto-correct.

A long sentence doesn't mean it's incorrect or an inexcusable run-on. My sentence was grammatically correct and perfectly acceptable.

O.C.D., you just have to accept that you are out of your league. You have to resort on calling me out on clear auto-corrects or typos. Those aren't indicative of intelligence. On the other hand, poor grammar and the spelling of "wharehouse" are not simple typos. Those things show a fundamental lack of basic intelligence of the language.

A long sentence doesn't mean it's incorrect or an inexcusable run-on. My sentence was grammatically correct and perfectly acceptable.

O.C.D., you just have to accept that you are out of your league. You have to resort on calling me out on clear auto-corrects or typos. Those aren't indicative of intelligence. On the other hand, poor grammar and the spelling of "wharehouse" are not simple typos. Those things show a fundamental lack of basic intelligence of the language.

The phrase you intended to say is "basic knowledge of the language."

Wharehouse was a simple typo. It is funny watching you apply a different set of standards to the people you want to berate. I guess that makes you feel better when you make the same mistakes all the time.

Spelling and grammar are not good indicators of intelligence. Many of the most intelligent people recognized in history were terrible spellers and bad at grammar.

This is a message board though and the only people who care about spelling and grammar are people who feel like they need to prove themselves to others.

Reactions: CAK125
The phrase you intended to say is "basic knowledge of the language."

Wharehouse was a simple typo. It is funny watching you apply a different set of standards to the people you want to berate. I guess that makes you feel better when you make the same mistakes all the time.

Spelling and grammar are not good indicators of intelligence. Many of the most intelligent people recognized in history were terrible spellers and bad at grammar.

This is a message board though and the only people who care about spelling and grammar are people who feel like they need to prove themselves to others.
Educate me, Dave! Who is Seth Stewart?

I don't know about that one...you are aware that @30CAT posts on here, right?

Most who have seen me post, know I have never claimed that WVU is among the elite. In fact, I have said MANY times that WVU is not among the elite. I'm fairly confident that you've seen me say so as well.

I consider Tennessee a lower-tier "elite", but an "elite" nonetheless.....They are down right now, but they'll be back. I would never claim that WVU is on par with the Vols, let alone claim it is better.

Obviously I am talking programs as a whole, not on a yearly basis.

Reactions: gcb
Wharehouse was a simple typo. It is funny watching you apply a different set of standards to the people you want to berate.

Hardly. The "h" you used is nowhere near the letters before or after it on a keyboard. It wasn't a typo. It was a word that you didn't know how to properly spell. The "wha" sound is similar to the "wa" sound, and it is a common mistake . . . by those who lack intelligence when it comes to spelling and grammar.

Stop lying, liar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT