ADVERTISEMENT

Sarah Palin, husband Todd, are divorcing

You’re the one that can’t answer questions

Tell me something boomer...if you've both read & studied the Bible, why do you have any questions about the authenticity of Paul's writing?

Go back and review your notes.

You’re the one that can’t answer questions

Ask someone else then. Futility in search of utility is a utilitarian endeavor destined to end futily.

Such would be my effort trying to penetrate your hermetically sealed intransigence when it comes to accepting the accuracy of Almighty God's Holy inspired word.

Not even going to try.

Reactions: 30CAT
He asked you......

My knowledge of Scripture is not exclusive to Christians called into the great commission as Paul initiated. YOU also have that solemn obligation if you carry the mantle as "ambassador for Christ".

He requires warriors, not charlatans.

My knowledge of Scripture is not exclusive to Christians called into the great commission as Paul initiated. YOU also have that solemn obligation if you carry mantle as ambassador for Christ.

He requires warriors, not charlatans.

He asked you........

Someone's using the "synonym" button this morning......

OK smart ass....

Let's hear YOUR comparison and contrast between a-millennial and post-millennial revelational dispensation, particularly as it relates to rapture prior to Christ's imminent reclamation of Jerusalem establishing his order for World governance?

Let me hear the resolute silence from your "sober" congreational tutoring?

Reactions: 30CAT
OK smart ass....

Let's hear YOUR comparison and contrast between a-millennial and post-millennial revelational dispensation, particularly as it relates to rapture prior to Christ's imminent reclamation of Jerusalem establishing his order for World governance?

Let me hear the resolute silence from your "sober" congreational tutoring?

He asked you.......(don't cheat off my paper)

Reactions: atlkvb
Tell me something boomer...if you've both read & studied the Bible, why do you have any questions about the authenticity of Paul's writing?

Go back and review your notes.
It’s widely agreed, even by theologians, that 3 books are forgeries, 3 more have a strong consensus labeling them as forgeries as well, and only 7 are considered to be authentic (although there are rising concerns about some of those). And within the authentic books, Jesus is never referred to as a flesh and blood being but rather a “vision” of a celestial being (one that seems consistent with a Jewish angelic being).

Why then were books of Paul forged? Along with the rest of the NT which were written decades after the crucifixion? To create a historical account of a flesh and blood messiah? Maybe to control doctrine? Maybe to authenticate a religious doctrine? Makes you think, well makes some people think I guess.

It’s widely agreed, even by theologians, that 3 books are forgeries, 3 more have a strong consensus labeling them as forgeries as well, and only 7 are considered to be authentic (although there are rising concerns about some of those). And within the authentic books, Jesus is never referred to as a flesh and blood being but rather a “vision” of a celestial being (one that seems consistent with a Jewish angelic being).

Why then were books of Paul forged? Along with the rest of the NT which were written decades after the crucifixion? To create a historical account of a flesh and blood messiah? Maybe to control doctrine? Maybe to authenticate a religious doctrine? Makes you think, well makes some people think I guess.

I'm not dismissing what you've read here and claiming as proof of the unreliability of scripture, however can you cite some other scholarship you have read that confirms the accuracy of the original manuscripts?

If not, how do you know your research is complete? How did you balance the questions you are asking me?

I'm not dismissing what you've read here and claiming as proof of the unreliability of scripture, however can you cite some other scholarship you have read that confirms the accuracy of the original manuscripts?

If not, how do you know your research is complete? How did you balance the questions you are asking me?
It was taught to me asvtrue since confirmation as a child. I’ve watched academic debates on the specific subject, and was left uninspired by arguments for the authenticity of Timothy, Titus, Thessalonians, Colossians, and Ephesians.

I read Dr Richard Carrier, I haven’t read Ehrman. But I’ve also read corroborating articles from biblical scholars on this subject.

I told you yesterday boomer and I reiterate. Your mind is made up and that's cool. So why even question something you're convinced of the answer?

You're not sincere, and neither are your questions which is why I correctly decided not to engage you on this.

Waste of time. Even if I proved you're wrong (you are) you'd never admit it so why bother?

Carry on.

I told you yesterday boomer and I reiterate. Your mind is made up and that's cool. So why even question something you're convinced of the answer?

You're not sincere, and neither are your questions which is why I correctly decided not to engage you on this.

Waste of time. Even if I proved you're wrong (you are) you'd never admit it so why bother?

Carry on.
Reason is a good thing, objectivity, and examination as well.

Reason is a good thing, objectivity, and examination as well.

Agreed. It's certainly not a relative question the Bible is either correct or incorrect. It's not half right or half wrong it's either all right or all wrong. You're free to believe about it whatever you choose but that doesn't necessarily mean you are correct.

Agreed. It's certainly not a relative question the Bible is either correct or incorrect. It's not half right or half wrong it's either all right or all wrong. You're free to believe about it whatever you choose but that doesn't necessarily mean you are correct.
Have you ever taken an objective, reasonable look at your religion?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT