ADVERTISEMENT

Ot but this boils my blood

:americanflag::americanflag:Me too!!!!! This nation has gone to Sh$+ in the last decade!! Patriotism is void, the borders are wide open(letting terrorist, drug runners, whoever in), it's legal to smoke dope !!!!!! Not long till the fat lady sings for this once proud country!

I'm a disabled veteran that served 25 years. Also, at 55 years old I have twin boys that are not yet 4 years old. I'm proud to say that one of the two, Shawn, has memorized the pledge of allegiance. His story is an amazing one. When he was born; we were told he would not live. At 10 days old, he had a grade IV Interventricular Hemorrhage (IVH) in the right ventricle, with associated brain damage, and a grade III in the left ventricle. I know this is a mouth full, but for any doctors on here, they will tell you this is about as bad as it gets as it relates to IVHs. Anyways, GOD decided otherwise and he escaped with only a CFS reservoir, which he will have permanently. In all respects he is a normal 4 year old. His favorite thing to do is hold the flag as high as he can when they do pledge allegiance to the flag at the school he and his brother attend. I get so proud and teary eyed every time I watch him. Not to take away from his twin brother who has not yet memorized the pledge, but he can count to 30.

:americanflag::americanflag:Me too!!!!! This nation has gone to Sh$+ in the last decade!! Patriotism is void, the borders are wide open(letting terrorist, drug runners, whoever in), it's legal to smoke dope !!!!!! Not long till the fat lady sings for this once proud country!

You ain't lying. This country had a good run.

G-A-M-E
O-V-E-R

You ain't lying. This country had a good run.

G-A-M-E
O-V-E-R
Truth.

I just shake my head constantly when I turn on the news anymore. It's nauseating to even watch.

That story above is disturbing. Show some respect.

Brings back the memories of the late 60's getting spit on in the airports when in uniform. Really get my anger elevated.

And that was called mis-placed anger. I wasn't anti-war but was anti-war in a hellhole of a place that we had no business being in. Of course McNamara later in life said it was a mistake. Again anti-war over there but served my time when my draft number was pulled. Enlisted in the USN 4 years on same ship (USS Dale CG-19).

Reactions: Mountaineer Gooch
And that was called mis-placed anger. I wasn't anti-war but was anti-war in a hellhole of a place that we had no business being in. Of course McNamara later in life said it was a mistake. Again anti-war over there but served my time when my draft number was pulled. Enlisted in the USN 4 years on same ship (USS Dale CG-19).

You have your opinion and by the grace of god I have mine!

Of course you do and isn't that really the bottom point? I was agreeing with you about that stuff in the 60's. Harry Krishna at every airport just added to the frustrations. As me being 3rd generation military (haven't traced back beyond that) and my only siblings son also being in the USN makes it 4th generation there were some very rough times during that war for any military. When I said displaced anger I was meaning that we as military was disrespected but because of the actions of our government. Now this government disrespects military and the population for the most part respect military.

This was moved ot when there are countless ot topics on the lot? Hoping no one on this board would side with kids treating wounded vets and pissing on the flag. Guessing someone complained and does though. Sick
It's a simple courtesy to have these things on the OT board. I agree with it being moved, but I do not agree with the actions of those in the story. People get on the BL to discuss WVU sports and truly, this had no business there.

The story angers the hell out of me and I think the actions are disgusting. Yet, you and I both served to protect the guaranteed freedoms allowing this type of nonsense.

The story angers the hell out of me and I think the actions are disgusting. Yet, you and I both served to protect the guaranteed freedoms allowing this type of nonsense.

That's what I don't get about those imbeciles, and WBC for that matter. There are countries where you would get executed for doing what these people do, and yet they have this displaced anger against the very people that keep this country so that they won't get executed for their buffoonery.

As hideous as these acts are, thank goodness we live in a country where you can do that kind of thing. However, just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

It's a simple courtesy to have these things on the OT board. I agree with it being moved, but I do not agree with the actions of those in the story. People get on the BL to discuss WVU sports and truly, this had no business there.

But that douchebag coal posts ot left and right.very surprised at the ho hum from others. Might have spent my last month on here. Damn place has changed for the worse since the 90's. Fk this pc leftist society.

Last edited:
But that douchebag coal posts ot left and right.very surprised at the ho hum from others. Might have spent my last month on here. Damn place has changed for the worse since the 90's. Fk this pc leftist society.
Man don't leave. You're a pretty cool dude. And I don't see why this post should have been moved any less than the others. I'm a fan of OT posts and most post them on the blue lot cuz that's where the most ppl we talk to read them anyway. Its not like this thread started an argument..hell it was more across the board in agreeance than any football post

So, hold yourself to a higher standard. If you think he is a douche why justify your actions by making a comparison to someone you deplore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT