ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Offical Game Thread: WVU at Iowa State

I live out of state with a WVU decal on my car. NB has made it embarrassing to drive around "advertising" WVU.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Well, we competed, gave it our all, defense really stepped up, but mistakes kept us out of the game and right now there are a bunch of hurt guys in the locker room.... The season hasn't gone the way we wanted it to, the coaches, players and everyone else just .. did come together the way we wanted. Also had some key injuries that held us back..... Yeah, I don't know things just didn't progress the way we had planned... but we'll get back to practice on Monday, start focusing in on the Oklahoma game and give them one hell of a fight..... The fans need to come out and show their support for the team....these guys are giving their all and it's it's time the fans show some appreciation for that At the end of the season, I'll conduct an evaluation and determine where things are at and what changes need to be made.....

What Neal didn't tell you was:

He needed to dig a huge horking hole..to climb out of.....

Well, we competed, gave it our all, defense really stepped up, but mistakes kept us out of the game and right now there are a bunch of hurt guys in the locker room.... The season hasn't gone the way we wanted it to, the coaches, players and everyone else just .. did come together the way we wanted. Also had some key injuries that held us back..... Yeah, I don't know things just didn't progress the way we had planned... but we'll get back to practice on Monday, start focusing in on the Oklahoma game and give them one hell of a fight..... The fans need to come out and show their support for the team....these guys are giving their all and it's it's time the fans show some appreciation for that At the end of the season, I'll conduct an evaluation and determine where things are at and what changes need to be made.....
This post is why rivals needs a downvote option. The players on this team quit. The staff doesn't care. The AD only sees B12 money and booze sells. WVU athletics, as it stands today, is in the gutter. From top to bottom. In the two biggest athletic draws in the state. Mountaineer football and basketball, as a tandem, hasn't been this low in a number of decades. It's truly in a low point in Mountaineer fandom.

Last edited:
Iowa State plays Sweet Caroline too? Are there any schools that DON'T play that song? I like the song but there needs to be more originality. There's lots of good songs out there. Pick something different.

This post is why rivals needs a downvote option. The players on this team quit. The staff doesn't care. The AD only sees B12 money and booze sells. WVU athletics, as it stands today, is in the gutter. From top to bottom. In the two biggest athletic draws in the state. Mountaineer football and basketball, as a tandem, hasn't been this low in a number of decades. It truly in a low point in Mountaineer fandom.
Well said, which is exactly why Lyons needs sent packing. WVU sports from top to bottom is heading the wrong direction. Lyons cares more about being PC compliant than winning.

Most points ISU has scored all year against P5 TEAM.

Please fire Neal Brown.

If you had a choice between watching another Neal Brown coached game or having explosive diherrea, which one would you chose? Me...I'm grabbing the Charmin ....

This post is why rivals needs a downvote option. The players on this team quit. The staff doesn't care. The AD only sees B12 money and booze sells. WVU athletics, as it stands today, is in the gutter. From top to bottom. In the two biggest athletic draws in the state. Mountaineer football and basketball, as a tandem, hasn't been this low in a number of decades. It truly in a low point in Mountaineer fandom.
Basketball will be better than this shit show.

If we can win out, we'll be 6-6 and bowl eligible.

If you had a choice between watching another Neal Brown coached game or having explosive diherrea, which one would you chose? Me...I'm grabbing the Charmin ....
I'm Neal Brown and I approve this message
5358805_web1_gtr-WVUfb15-042521.jpg

Reactions: spreadoption
To take a line from the Weird Al Yankovic song "One More Minute," I'd rather dive into a swimming pool filled with double edged razor blades than spend one more minute watching WVU football.

WVU and Iowa State are tied for LAST in the Big 12 at 1-5 and Cyclones break past the Mountaineers, 31-17, in one of the most awful performances in years.
Oklahoma, #13 Kansas State amd #18 Oklahoma State will remaining to use my beloved alma mater as punching bags!

Who STILL wants to give Neal Brown 2 more years?

In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see HCNB's postgame presser. There's only so many ways you can say what he's going to have to say. In a way I feel sorry for him having to do that, but then again he will make about $3 million this year, so I don't feel so sorry after all.

In the first 25 minutes of the 2nd half, WVU had 3 yards of total offense.

I'll conduct an evaluation and determine where things are at and what changes need to be made.....

Ok boss, we will be eager to learn of your findings.

In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see HCNB's postgame presser. There's only so many ways you can say what he's going to have to say. In a way I feel sorry for him having to do that, but then again he will make about $3 million this year, so I don't feel so sorry after all.
I feel sorry for him, too.

Imagine, being given the keys to a program that any objective observer would call a Camaro (WVU certainly hasn't been a Corvette since RRod) and stripping it down to a '99 Cavalier and being given 20 million for the trouble.

WVU at least had a "cool/swagger" factor under DH. With NB, we're...nothing. We're forgotten. We're a middling program in an Appalachian state of 1.8 million with no professional teams and only a slightly higher amount of in-state D1 talent.

For a generation WVU football coaches punched above what the state had to offer. Given a few more years, NB will make WVU no better than the U of Delaware or any regional, directional Southern State university with more than 15k students. We'll be hoping to compete with ECU and JMU and Liberty and Coastal Carolina if Neal continues to plague our program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT