ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD Offical Game Thread: WVU at Iowa State

Well, we competed, gave it our all, defense really stepped up, but mistakes kept us out of the game and right now there are a bunch of hurt guys in the locker room.... The season hasn't gone the way we wanted it to, the coaches, players and everyone else just .. did come together the way we wanted. Also had some key injuries that held us back..... Yeah, I don't know things just didn't progress the way we had planned... but we'll get back to practice on Monday, start focusing in on the Oklahoma game and give them one hell of a fight..... The fans need to come out and show their support for the team....these guys are giving their all and it's it's time the fans show some appreciation for that At the end of the season, I'll conduct an evaluation and determine where things are at and what changes need to be made.....

ISU - Best Big 12 WR, #3 QB and best defense. Yet their offense is dead last and hasn't scored more than 24 against P5 team and is averaging 21.6 points a game. It's offense vs defense in this one.

Score 24 or more and this is a win.

This is the battle for the bottom.

Reactions: locustwv
I don't have ESPN+ and I ain't buying it because I hate giving crappy ESPN money. So I'll do online play-by-play and be here to see what insights y'all have as the game progresses. I'm afraid that Post #2 in this thread is exactly what we'll here in the post game presser but you never know, so I'm being hopeful as of now.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Promising opening drive until the holding call. Greene Garrett gets a carry. Wonder how much we will see him today

How laughably wrong was that graphic they threw on the screen showing our results the previous 3 seasons under Brown? Wrong record listed in 2021, and wrong bowl result listed all 3 years...holy hell that was pathetic

Reactions: yescyam
If ISU bothered to study any game film, they'd chuck it down the field on every down

Reactions: GoWVU
So far ISU defense has done nothing as WVU has stopped themselves instead. Makes it easy while your defense gets adjusted.

Four possessions, zero points. 3-0 end of 1st quarter.

At least ISU should be pretty backed up when WVU punts to start the 2nd quarter. Hey, I'm looking for all the silver linings I can find over here.

• Haha
Reactions: GoWVU and WVUALLEN
Four possessions, zero points. 3-0 end of 1st quarter.

At least ISU should be pretty backed up when WVU punts to start the 2nd quarter. Hey, I'm looking for all the silver linings I can find over here.
Only 41 yards of offense for WVU.

Mountaineers defense does better with a shorter field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT