ADVERTISEMENT

KC

True. It has been a junior high / middle school up till last year when the liberal morons had it changed.

Still wonder since a confederate general is bad, but not a recruiter for the KKK that signed up people to harass, oppress and murder African Americans is okay.

Any way. Yes the National Federation changed the dunking rule when I was still in junior high.
Plus, the majority of Ohio State wins over West Virginia came back when they used peach baskets, one ref, a cage was used to keep the ball on the court and a guy had to use a pole to knock the ball out of the basket after a made shot.
Might have said this before, but me and a friend drove down to the west side to watch Charleston play at Stonewall back in '75 or maybe '76. Packed house, and we ended up not being able to get into the game. Trying to remember names of top players, but I think Walter Easley was playing for one of the teams during that time. Charleston was usually a mainstay in the tournament, and it seems like The Wall ended up being a powerhouse in the early 80s, but my memory has faded.

Might have said this before, but me and a friend drove down to the west side to watch Charleston play at Stonewall back in '75 or maybe '76. Packed house, and we ended up not being able to get into the game. Trying to remember names of top players, but I think Walter Easley was playing for one of the teams during that time. Charleston was usually a mainstay in the tournament, and it seems like The Wall ended up being a powerhouse in the early 80s, but my memory has faded.
Walter’s senior season (75-76) was the best team back then. Stonewall and Charleston High both had to play their home games at the old Charleston Civic Center. They only played Hoover once and the CHS-Stonewall JV games at the schools gyms and during school time. Charleston Highs coach Lou Romano went 4 corners on Stonewall and won in the sectional title game that year. He used the spread all the way to the state finals where I think Wheeling High won, playing their last game before merging into Wheeling Park. Stonewall had 3 D1 players on that team and 4 that played at various NAIA West Virginia schools. That isn’t counting Walter and another 2 guys playing college football. Also doesn’t count two certain “Chinese Bandits “ or bench warmers that had front row seats. Ahem.
Lou Romano was a great HS coach.

The 80’s success came when Carl Clark was added to the staff in 78 and Stonewall took off after that. One year his girls team and the boys were both unbeaten and state champions.

dont change your tune now because you didn't like the last one
My "tune" hasn't changed at all, moron. tHuggs is a crying fraud, and you're a delusional geezer who continues to make no sense, and hijacks your your own thread because you're so envious of Ohio State's superior football program.

True. It has been a junior high / middle school up till last year when the liberal morons had it changed.

Still wonder since a confederate general is bad, but not a recruiter for the KKK that signed up people to harass, oppress and murder African Americans is okay.

Any way. Yes the National Federation changed the dunking rule when I was still in junior high.
Plus, the majority of Ohio State wins over West Virginia came back when they used peach baskets, one ref, a cage was used to keep the ball on the court and a guy had to use a pole to knock the ball out of the basket after a made shot.
What's your point? Because WVU has won more of the sporadic head-to-head match-ups in the last 30 years means that WVU has a better basketball program? I'll answer this question for you: No. WVU is a Final Four team twice per century, and has won only one conference championship since it started playing in Power 5 conferences in 1995-96. Ohio State has accomplished more than WVU in men's basketball, and you don't want to discuss football with me. Know your place, Coach.

Walter’s senior season (75-76) was the best team back then. Stonewall and Charleston High both had to play their home games at the old Charleston Civic Center. They only played Hoover once and the CHS-Stonewall JV games at the schools gyms and during school time. Charleston Highs coach Lou Romano went 4 corners on Stonewall and won in the sectional title game that year. He used the spread all the way to the state finals where I think Wheeling High won, playing their last game before merging into Wheeling Park. Stonewall had 3 D1 players on that team and 4 that played at various NAIA West Virginia schools. That isn’t counting Walter and another 2 guys playing college football. Also doesn’t count two certain “Chinese Bandits “ or bench warmers that had front row seats. Ahem.

The 80’s success came when Carl Clark was added to the staff in 78 and Stonewall took off after that. One year his girls team and the boys were both unbeaten and state champions.
Towns used to pack the gyms back then. Now days, it seems very few show up to watch games. I can remember being a high school sophomore, and playing the JV game against Mullens and the gym was packed at the tip off of our game. Then left that game with a few minutes left to change uniforms to ride the pine during the varsity game, and remember us coming onto the floor and the place was a madhouse. I think Mullens was undefeated and probably ranked #1 in the state, and we were awful. They beat us like 90 some to 50 some. Greg White must have scored around 40-45 for Mullens. Their JV team would have beat our varsity team. Southern coalfield basketball was King back then. Now they're lucky to get enough to field a squad. If it weren't for schools combining, they probably wouldn't be able to field teams.

Edit: I take back what I said about Mullens being #1, but they were close to the top. I had forgotten about the Northfork Blue Demons. They were the best in AA during that era. Of course, Mt. Hope was #1 in Single A during the late 70s, with Big Earl, although I don't think they ever won a state title.

ALL of them except for 2....but KC has selective memory

I can easily remember the NCAA National Championships won by WVU's football and basketball programs:

What's your point? Because WVU has won more of the sporadic head-to-head match-ups in the last 30 years means that WVU has a better basketball program? I'll answer this question for you: No. WVU is a Final Four team twice per century, and has won only one conference championship since it started playing in Power 5 conferences in 1995-96. Ohio State has accomplished more than WVU in men's basketball, and you don't want to discuss football with me. Know your place, Coach.
Are we going to stay focused on basketball or wander around?
Point still valid. Head to head, Ohio State dominated during the peach basketball era, modern, not so much.
When you find where I posted WVU was superior to OSU in football let me know, otherwise stay focused.

I’ve been in the Williamson Field House and Logan High on the Island (not as a player) and they packed both places to the point that they broadcasted on TV the Logan Williamson games. One of the coolest gyms I’ve played or coached at was Parkersburg High’s gym. Also Walton High School’s gym would make you think you walked onto the set of the movie Hoosiers.

You do realize that Ohio State and WVU have played each other a whole THREE times in the last 25 years, right? Again, what's your point, Coach? Ohio State's basketball program has been better than WVU's, and you're wise to hide from the football conversation started by your fellow WVU fan, SlowHead, not me.

You do realize that Ohio State and WVU have played each other a whole THREE times in the last 25 years, right? Again, what's your point, Coach? Ohio State's basketball program has been better than WVU's, and you're wise to hide from the football conversation started by your fellow WVU fan, SlowHead, not me.
Then they need to prove it on the court.

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
Oh, the Buckeyes have proven their superiority on the Court by winning a national title, playing in five times as many Final Fours, and winning 10 times as many Power 5 championships than WVU in the last 25 years. If you think that head-to-head match-ups in non-conference play every eight years determine which program is better, then you must think that the Ohio Bobcats, who have blown WVU out the last three times that the two schools have played each other and is 9-7 vs. WVU, have the better basketball program. If this doesn't tell you how silly that your argument is, then I can't help you.

And, up goes the Coach's white flag. I accept your surrender, Coach. Thanks for playing, and reminding me that you're delusional, albeit not to the same level that SlowHead is.

Oh, the Buckeyes have proven their superiority on the Court by winning a national title, playing in five times as many Final Fours, and winning 10 times as many Power 5 championships than WVU in the last 25 years. If you think that head-to-head match-ups in non-conference play every eight years determine which program is better, then you must think that the Ohio Bobcats, who have blown WVU out the last three times that the two schools have played each other and is 9-7 vs. WVU, have the better basketball program. If this doesn't tell you how silly that your argument is, then I can't help you.
Bobs obviously own the Mounties...the facts bear this out! Ohio U.> WVU!

Reactions: KingCoal
I’ve been in the Williamson Field House and Logan High on the Island (not as a player) and they packed both places to the point that they broadcasted on TV the Logan Williamson games. One of the coolest gyms I’ve played or coached at was Parkersburg High’s gym. Also Walton High School’s gym would make you think you walked onto the set of the movie Hoosiers.
I coached at Walton...you are spot on....all seats on one side and the stage on the other...when they opened the big doors on the end of the gym the shots would be affected....you ever play or coach there?

I coached at Walton...you are spot on....all seats on one side and the stage on the other...when they opened the big doors on the end of the gym the shots would be affected....you ever play or coach there?
I was born in Logan and we lived on reservoir hill....you could look down on the island from our street

but Huggy Bear owns them

when Ravenswood thought we were going AAA in the 60's we signed up to play Charleston and Huntington in football the same year......we "had" the Mountain Lions 0-0 at half but it didn't end that way....gave the pony express a better game

Towns used to pack the gyms back then. Now days, it seems very few show up to watch games. I can remember being a high school sophomore, and playing the JV game against Mullens and the gym was packed at the tip off of our game. Then left that game with a few minutes left to change uniforms to ride the pine during the varsity game, and remember us coming onto the floor and the place was a madhouse. I think Mullens was undefeated and probably ranked #1 in the state, and we were awful. They beat us like 90 some to 50 some. Greg White must have scored around 40-45 for Mullens. Their JV team would have beat our varsity team. Southern coalfield basketball was King back then. Now they're lucky to get enough to field a squad. If it weren't for schools combining, they probably wouldn't be able to field teams.

Edit: I take back what I said about Mullens being #1, but they were close to the top. I had forgotten about the Northfork Blue Demons. They were the best in AA during that era. Of course, Mt. Hope was #1 in Single A during the late 70s, with Big Earl, although I don't think they ever won a state title.
Northfork was the best team PERIOD then....they went to Logan and beat the wildcats

And, up goes the Coach's white flag. I accept your surrender, Coach. Thanks for playing, and reminding me that you're delusional, albeit not to the same level that SlowHead is.
This was about basketball, then you change to football(all about WVU & OSU) then it’s changed to Ohio U... where will you wander off to next?

Reactions: Snow Sled Baby
when Ravenswood thought we were going AAA in the 60's we signed up to play Charleston and Huntington in football the same year......we "had" the Mountain Lions 0-0 at half but it didn't end that way....gave the pony express a better game
I remember that Stonewall and Ravenswood opened the 74 state football playoffs in Charleston. Red Taylor (RHS coach) vs Bill Jarrett SJHS. Ravenswood marched down the field and kicked a field on their first drive. Their only score of the game. I think the final was 32-3.

That was back when only 4 teams made the playoffs. The next week Stonewall shut out Parkersburg at Fairfield Stadium in Huntington.

I remember that Stonewall and Ravenswood opened the 74 state football playoffs in Charleston. Red Taylor (RHS coach) vs Bill Jarrett SJHS. Ravenswood marched down the field and kicked a field on their first drive. Their only score of the game. I think the final was 32-3.

That was back when only 4 teams made the playoffs. The next week Stonewall shut out Parkersburg at Fairfield Stadium in Huntington.
I was there.....I had taught at Ravenswood and 74 was my first year at Walton.....Ravenswood should never have gone AAA but the Kaiser aluminum plant swelled the population......Fred Taylor was a good friend...lived 2 blocks from him

Small world.

A church bought the old high school site and they haven’t touched the gym at Walton.

This was about basketball, then you change to football(all about WVU & OSU) then it’s changed to Ohio U... where will you wander off to next?
Read this s l o w l y this time, and let it sink in: Your Old Fold & Blew delusional buddy, SlowHead, hijacked his own thread about tHuggs by injecting Ohio State's superior football program into the discussion. I artfully wove Ohio U.'s dominance of WVU into the discussion to prove a point, which I will spell out for you because you were too dense to understand it the first time: SPORADIC HEAD-TO-HEAD OUT-OF-CONFERENCE GAME RESULTS DON'T MEAN SH!T. If WVU is superior to Ohio State, then Ohio University is superior to WVU, using your idiotic theory against you. The End.

Last edited:
Read this s l o w l y this time, and let it sink in: Your Old Fold & Blew delusional buddy, SlowHead, hijacked his own thread about tHuggs by injecting Ohio State's superior football program into the discussion. I artfully wove Ohio U.'s dominance of WVU into the discussion to prove a point, which I will spell out for you because you were too dense to understand it the first time: SPORADIC HEAD-TO-HEAD OUT-OF-CONFERENCE GAME RESULTS DON'T MEAN SH!T. If WVU is superior to Ohio State, then Ohio University is superior to WVU, using your idiotic theory against you. The End.
they only dont mean shit if it's not in your favor ....we have you figured out....and have for quite some time

So to use you and the rest of the agitation gang’s own reasoning, I guess that Ohio State is scared to play WVU (being OSU clearly has dominated WVU in football and has had more success nationally). Furthermore, WVU should be allowed to dictate terms and demand home and home series with OSU otherwise the Buckeyes are chicken.

Remind your buddies (and yourself) when the clucking starts up about WVU not wasting their time scheduling Marshall.

Let me know when you finally come clean. My niece wants another good laugh.

So to use you and the rest of the agitation gang’s own reasoning, I guess that Ohio State is scared to play WVU (being OSU clearly has dominated WVU in football and has had more success nationally). Furthermore, WVU should be allowed to dictate terms and demand home and home series with OSU otherwise the Buckeyes are chicken.

Remind your buddies (and yourself) when the clucking starts up about WVU not wasting their time scheduling Marshall.

So, let me get this straight. You've been throwing tantrums about my changing the subject, so you're now flapping your dentures about Marshall and your niece, which have nothing to do with anything. I hope that your niece knows that you're a total coward who chickened out when you challenged me to meet you, then ran away to hide at a Bed & Breakfast in bum fvck, West Virginia. You're a poor role model.

ouch

Throwing tantrums? Who’s name calling and cussing like a childish little boy?

I told you to meet me Monday. I was already in Fayetteville when you refused to meet me on my terms. What did you call Michigan’s hometown again? By the way, post those red X’s to prove you were there. That was hard evidence. Hahaha!

Let alone you had an open invitation for 2 years to make good on your threats to come to my office. Have you not moved on from your childishness yet?

I guess you will never grow up.

Return to you pot stirring just to get your jollies. You’re a waste of my time.

Throwing tantrums? Who’s name calling and cussing like a childish little boy?

I told you to meet me Monday. I was already in Fayetteville when you refused to meet me on my terms. What did you call Michigan’s hometown again? By the way, post those red X’s to prove you were there. That was hard evidence. Hahaha!

Let alone you had an open invitation for 2 years to make good on your threats to come to my office. Have you not moved on from your childishness yet?

I guess you will never grow up.

Return to you pot stirring just to get your jollies. You’re a waste of my time.
No, you didn't, and now you've resorted to lying because I've humiliated you with facts, as usual. I have no idea as to what you're babbling about with respect to Michigan, but your desperate plea for him to save you here won't work, as he saw you chicken out after having pounded your frail chest. It was epic, and every time that you start your bullsh!t about Marshall with me, I'm going to remind you of what a coward that you were then.

Michigan is from Fayetteville.
Went to Fayetteville High.
The MacCorkle Bed and Breakfast is also located in ...... wait for it ........ Fayetteville.
If he saw me that weekend, he must of been in Fayetteville too.

Otherwise move on. I haven’t ask anyone to help with your little annoyances. But he had a line of lawyers and buddies ready to hold the money all because you can’t produce a photo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT