ADVERTISEMENT

In Holgorsen's 8 seasons at WVU, a QB that he recruited out of high school started and won a single FBS game.

Good chance you're a chronic liar who trumps up lies whenever you're backed into a corner. I posted two sources for my point. You respond with a lie trumped up in your tiny head, Chrissy.

The guy who roots for WVU, pretends to root for Texass, attended Marshall, and created 26+ profiles because he's a total fraud calls an Ohio State alumnus and fan, a "t shirt fan."

[roll]

You continue to argue no matter what.

You and all your accounts ruin this message board with stupidity.

Neal Brown has the same guidelines that a lot of good programs have
Brown wants to meet the recruits. He wants to see how they interact.

Very few people know what happened with Martell.
To say that Neal Brown wanted him...

Anyone can write an article on the internet but often times the writers know only as much as you do.

Knowing CFB I highly doubt anyone had any idea of what Neal Brown wanted only after a week into the job.

But to say Martell is a good QB because WVU wanted him....

Dana left them in a bad position. WVU needed bodies.

Still desperately trumping up lies, aren't you, Chrissy? I have humiliated you with facts, so I understand why. Martell was a GREAT high school quarterback, but hasn't proven that he's a good college quarterback, and luckily for you, he chose Miami over WVU.

You are on a WVU message board being a complete homer...

I expect that on an Ohio State board. But it is disrespectful on a WV message board

Every program makes mistakes. Even Alabama. Their mistakes are becoming even more noticable though. They recruited two weirdos on the DL.
Something that wouldn't have happened 10 years ago.

Ohio State did. Tim Beck for a school like NC State may be a good OC. But he isn't an elite one. He lost that Michigan State game in 2015.
Same thing happened to Ohio State that happened to Florida.
Won a NC lost their OC and ended up not winning one the next year.
Everyone blamed the OC.

Bringing this back around to how this conversation was originally brought up.

Joe Burrow recruitment was interesting.
Ohio State didn't even want him...Mainly because he wasn't a big time recruit. But Herman knew he was an alpha. Pretty much forced Meyer to give him a scholarship.
Joe Burrow was never the guy at Ohio State.
Urban brought in guys who could evaluate QB talent.
Dan Mullen probably has the better resume than even Tom Herman.
But both are the ones who brought pretty much all the great QBs for Urban Meyer. You see their success at other places while you see a decline for Urban Meyer after they left.

Everyone gives credit to the Head Coach but a lot of times it is the assistants.
But the HC brings in the assistants.

Regarding Dana...

Like I have said. Dana at least understands modern football.
QB dependent. You are as good as your QB. Similar to the NFL.

Dana's biggest issue was he couldn't recruit his QB out of HS.

But at the end of the day it could be a Dana problem and not a WVU problem.
Because the first full recruiting cycle Neal Brown, according to some, brought in a great QB.

Excellent summary .

Still desperately trumping up lies, aren't you, Chrissy? I have humiliated you with facts, so I understand why. Martell was a GREAT high school quarterback, but hasn't proven that he's a good college quarterback, and luckily for you, he chose Miami over WVU.

This is the issue with people who want to push a narrative instead of discussing something.

You are refusing to acknowledge the fact that Neal Brown possibly didn't like who Martell was.

Martell is someone I could see Neal Brown turning down.
Not because of him on the field but because of him off the field.

Post your source for Neal Brown's allegedly not liking Martell, you idiot. I posted two sources. You've posted nothing, but your trumped-up bullsh!t.

Well...

He did jump on Miami pretty soon after supposedly visiting WVU

So we have no idea what happened.

Do you understand.

But if you look at Neal Brown and the type of players he wants...

Martell doesn't fit.

Grier has proven more than Seth Doege, let alone his younger brother.

We'll see.

It's interesting how many times I've been reprimanded here,
that An Ohio State Alumni
has free rain, here.

Oh well his summary above,
was excellent without juvenile insults - VanZandt got your goat.

Live with it.
Urban was never the same,
after
Tim Tebow departed.

Strange, that Urban can't handle disappointment - a pampered basket case.

Again, why are we talking Ohio State on an West Virginia msg board.

He keeps bringing up Martell

Only thing he offers is his sister
But most colleges have thots for recruits.

Don't need to import them

Don't get too excited about Doege just yet. His big numbers in game 1 were against an FCS school.

Wait and see.
Oklahoma State will be hungry and this away game will be proving ground for Doege

Live with it.
Urban was never the same,
after
Tim Tebow departed.

Strange, that Urban can't handle disappointment - a pampered basket case.

Again, why are we talking Ohio State on an West Virginia msg board.
Ha ha, you are even dumber than ChrissyVanZandt! Yeah, Urban never was the same after Tebow...he only went 83-9 in Columbus, including a national title, a Sugar Bowl win over Alabama, a Rose Bowl win, a Fiesta Bowl win, a Cotton Bowl win, four B1G championships, and a 7-0 record vs. the arch rival. Yeah, Urban sucked after Tebow...LMAO at MoFoTard!!!

Ha ha, you are even dumber than ChrissyVanZandt! Yeah, Urban never was the same after Tebow...he only went 83-9 in Columbus, including a national title, a Sugar Bowl win over Alabama, a Rose Bowl win, a Fiesta Bowl win, a Cotton Bowl win, four B1G championships, and a 7-0 record vs. the arch rival. Yeah, Urban sucked after Tebow...LMAO at MoFoTard!!!

Almost loses to University of Maryland and Urban retires.
Urban Candy Ass

Take things in stride...

More than that you can't expect people on a WVU message board to say the same things about Ohio State.

Meyer with Tom Herman and Meyer without Tom Herman

Ohio State took a step back after Herman left.
You can say the same thing about Drayton, Ash and Cooks

They did bring Cooks back at least

Almost lost??? To the school that owned the Longhorns in back-to-back seasons? Ha ha, quit while you're behind...way behind.

#ScottyMcBrien

Herman is a four-game/season loser. Meyer never lost four games in a season at Ohio State. You attended Marshall, so stop sniffing Herman's jockstrap, Chrissy.

Herman took over a program that lost seven games for three consecutive years

So obviously it wasn't going to be magically turned around over night.

Herman still has a lot to learn about being a head coach.

But the fact is he made Urban Meyer a better coach.
Very much like Dan Mullen

Ryan Day didn't.

Urban Meyer took a 6-7 team, and made it 12-0. You're an unemployed jealous loser, so run along now, Chrissy.

The three years prior to Urban Meyer taking over
Ohio State had won a Rose Bowl, played in the Sugar Bowl and had a 6-7 season.

A lot of had to do with QB play in 2011
Pryor didn't play. Plus you played with a true freshman QB that didn't play the entire year.

Urban Meyer is a great coach but to most he is a great coach because he knows who to bring in.

You continue to think it was all Urban Meyer.
When proof says it wasn't because of what you see with Mullen and Herman

Look at Miss State before Mullen
2006, 2007 and 2008
Then look at Miss State with Mullen
2009, 2010, 2011
More than that look at Miss State after those first three years with Mullen
Look at Miss State after Mullen
2019 and 2020

Look at Florida before Mullen
2015, 2016 and 2017
Florida with Mullen
2018, 2019

Look at Houston before Herman
2012, 2013 and 2014
Then under Herman
2015 and 2016
After Herman
2017, 2018 and 2019

Same with Texas before Herman
2014, 2015 and 2016
With Herman
2017, 2018 and 2019

Urban Meyer 5 years without Herman and Mullen didn't win a NC
Won all three with Herman and Mullen

Paul Rhoads ended up looking like a clown when Herman left him at Iowa State

Last edited:
Only issue I have with Ryan Day and I saw this in 2018 with Ohio State and some in 2019

Is the Chip Kelly factor

Ryan Day was a Chip Kelly guy in the NFL.

Ohio St fans should know this...
Chip Kelly's mindset can be stopped when you stop the first downs and force them into third down.

Nobody cares about your opinion of Ryan Day, Chrissy. He went 13-1, won the B1G Championship, and coached his team to the CFP in his first season as a head coach. Tom Herman hasn't gone better than 10-4, won a conference championship or been invited to the CFP in his three full seasons at Texas. He is a Cincinnati native, so I'm glad that your cyber-blowing a fellow Buckeye stater, though.

Ryan Day caused two huge blowouts of Ohio State

Something changed last year.

Was it Urban Meyer
Kevin Wilson getting more control
Mike Yurcich
Justin Fields

But there are times when a Ryan Day offense has problems
A lot of this is based around the run game.

You saw this against Iowa and again against Purdue

Yeah, there were a lot of problems in Ohio State's run game. J.K. freaking Dobbins says, "hello," you idiot. Oh, and Ryan Day has the second highest recruiting class in the country, and even a better star rating than No. 1 Alabama. I expected a drop-off after Urban retired, but Day has been better than I expected--as a coach, leader, and recruiter--and his numbers prove that you're a moron, not that we didn't know that already.

Ryan Day wasn't the head coach then, and had no responsibility for the poor defense, dumb sh!t. Rewatch Texas' two embarrassing losses to B1G doormat Maryland. Or, Herman's other embarrassing losses to Texas Tech and TCU. Texas Tech pounded your real favorite school last year, and did so on your field. Your alma mater in Huntington has too many bad loses for you to watch. Your desperation is palpable.

He was the OC. Watch the Purdue game and see why it was an issue on offense.
We are talking about two different programs. Texas didn't have all the talent.

There hasn't been this huge advantage of talent at Texas under Herman yet.

Herman didn't get blown out.

You are here on a WVU message board refusing to accept the reality of your program.
Know your place...If you are to think everything is perfect and Ryan Day is a great coach go to an Ohio State message board.

Herman's job was to bring talent back to Texas.
When he took over he only had about 13 NFL players on his roster.
One of those were pushed out quick in Jordan Elliott.

In 2020 the question becomes how many NFL players are on the roster.
If Texas had 30 NFL players spread out equally between the classes and still were losing 3+ games a year something would be wrong.

Tom Herman is 25-15 at Texas. He would have been fired by now, if he had posted that mediocre record at Ohio State. Know your place, Antifa boy: The coach of your fake favorite school is 25-15, with no conference championship or CFP appearance in three seasons. My head coach is 16-1, with a B1G title, and a CFP appearance. You lose, Chrissy. I win. Bye now.

Ryan Day took over a program that had 30+ NFL players

Tom Herman took over one with 13.

So the question becomes what do each program look like by Year 4, 5 and 6.

Larry Coker was a good coach. He was actually the OC there at Oklahoma State in the 1980's with Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders.

But Larry Coker took over a program that was on top of college football and ended up getting fired during year 4,5 and 6.
Because Butch Davis brought the talent and Coker couldn't keep it up.

A lot of it had to do with Texas winning the Vince Young recruitment.

But we won't know if Ryan Day is Larry Coker until year 4,5 and 6

You're a broken record, Chrissy. Larry Coker couldn't lose until he ran into a juggernaut known as Ohio State, which won it all and went 14-0, ended his incredibly long winning streak, and started the end of his career. You're too dense to understand that Larry Coker and Ryan Day have nothing in common. One was the age of the players' grandpas, and the other is a 41-year-old guru for whom countless blue chippers want to play. Tom Herman sucks. 25-15? LOLOLOLOLOL

Except the fact that Larry Coker actually played for two NC and Ryan Day hasn't played for one yet

Miami was recruiting top tier recruits as well...

Like I said Texas had to push them off of VY. Miami when they win has a big name in Houston and Louisiana.
Players like that flash and brash style

Miami didn't lose until Ohio State beat the 'canes. History continues to beat you senseless, Chrissy. Ryan Day just started, and your pretend favorite coach can't win his conference, let alone a national title. Stay in your lane, bruh.

All of that revenue, and Herman is 25-15? What an embarrassment.

Now that you all mentioned
"Cup Cake"

Ohio State 2020 Schedule

Nebraska - Cup Cake
Penn State--- competitive

Rutgers- the Cup, in Cup Cake
UMd- Cup cake, UMd is better it's Umd
Indiana- Cup, in Cup Cake
Illinois- Cup, Cup Cake

Michigan State-not good lately,Cup Cake
Michigan- not been Michigan since crazy Harbaugh came home.

The Ohio State University-
The "Cup Cake" University...

B10 not impressive- cup , in Cup Cake

Now that you all mentioned
"Cup Cake"

Ohio State 2020 Schedule

Nebraska - Cup Cake
Penn State- competitive

Rutgers- the Cup in Cup Cake
UMd- Cup cake
Indiana- Cup
Illinois- Cup

Michigan State- not good lately, Cup Cake
Michigan- not been Michigan since crazy Harbaugh came home.

The Ohio State University-
Cup Cake University

B10 not impressive- cup , in Cup Cake
Run your whore mouth when you finally win a conference title, sweetie. Your sh!tty conference hasn't one a single CFP game, so nobody knows cupcakes better than you do.

Miami didn't lose until Ohio State beat the 'canes. History continues to beat you senseless, Chrissy. Ryan Day just started, and your pretend favorite coach can't win his conference, let alone a national title. Stay in your lane, bruh.

All of that revenue, and Herman is 25-15? What an embarrassment.

They lost when they couldn't win the Vince Young recruitment
With VY they probably go on to win at least another NC

Is the Quinn Ewers recruitment similar for Ohio State.

Miami lost because Ohio State beat them. You live in an alternative universe, and that's why I love sports so much. There is a score board, and no matter how much a little biotch runs his trap as he hides behind his computer, the scoreboard resolves all debates. Ohio State beat Miami. Texas, WVU, and Marshall didn't.

But what does that have to do them having Vince Young as a QB

This was the year prior when Miami was winning a NC.

Larry Coker couldn't keep the train going.

We won't know about Ryan Day until year 4,5 and 6

Some coaches don't even get that Mark Helfrich only got four years at Oregon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT