ADVERTISEMENT

Cops during the Texas shooting

Bingo. It is the all-or-none approach that people argue that results in nothing ever being done to reduce the problem. The US will never reach a point where there are no mass shootings or homicides involving firearms. Using the rationale "criminals will still break the law" is just a foolish position. The goal should be to reduce the number of incidents because eliminating them entirely isn't going to happen.

It reminds me of the left pointing out that illegals will still get into the US with Trump's border wall so why waste our time and money building it? The wall isn't designed to prevent 100% of illegals from getting into the US. It is designed to reduce that number by making it more difficult.

It is amazing how the right argues against this silly logic when applied to the border wall but spew the same foolish logic when it comes to firearms.

I have said it before the right and left are mirror images of each other.

Ok. Give us a list of the compromise you want to see. Be as specific as you can so we all understand where you are in the subject.

The goal should be to reduce the number of incidents because eliminating them entirely isn't going to happen.

Enforcing our current laws and being tough on crime again would be one heck of a start.

End the "abloish police" montra and stop bashing them would be another great thing we could get back to. No one respects law anymore. Laws aren't being enforeced the way they should and punishment is no longer a worry by criminals. Think law enforcement has any incentive to do their jobs these days?

People are being robbed, raped, shot and stabbed in broad daylight. Smash and grabs at businesses are somehow a normal occurence and the criminals aren't paying the price.

It's ridiculous.

Ok. Give us a list of the compromise you want to see. Be as specific as you can so we all understand where you are in the subject.

To be honest, @SoCo has been all over the place, and I really don't know what his point is other than "guns are part of the problem". Guns have always been a part of the problem, and always will. It's just manifesting itself as psycho random shooters now, which is new and its root cause is not the gun itself.

Reactions: 30CAT
Bingo. It is the all-or-none approach that people argue that results in nothing ever being done to reduce the problem. The US will never reach a point where there are no mass shootings or homicides involving firearms. Using the rationale "criminals will still break the law" is just a foolish position. The goal should be to reduce the number of incidents because eliminating them entirely isn't going to happen.

It reminds me of the left pointing out that illegals will still get into the US with Trump's border wall so why waste our time and money building it? The wall isn't designed to prevent 100% of illegals from getting into the US. It is designed to reduce that number by making it more difficult.

It is amazing how the right argues against this silly logic when applied to the border wall but spew the same foolish logic when it comes to firearms.

I have said it before the right and left are mirror images of each other.
The Grassley Cruz bill was a positive step, yet the Democrats fillibustered it. Senator Tim Scotts legislation on policing was also rejected by the Democrats.

Dems have no intention of working on solutions to the problem. Rather, they want to exploit tragedy for their own political gains. So don't even try to equate these leftists with those trying to preserve our 2nd amendment rights.

Look up what former president cut billions from the education budget. Money that could be used for security.

EDIT: Do we put the financial pressure on the states? Ok. Fine. But don't bitch when taxes increase locally. To match with rising inflation.
That's why I'm all for imposing a tax on firearms and ammunition sales to help pay for it.

And FYI, there are just under 140,000 public schools in the US

Reactions: roadtrasheer
That's why I'm all for imposing a tax on firearms and ammunition sales to help pay for it.

And FYI, there are just under 140,000 public schools in the US

There's already a 10% tax on firearms. Cut foreign aid that's wasted and doesn't solve those problems and take steps to secure our own.

Look up what former president cut billions from the education budget. Money that could be used for security.

EDIT: Do we put the financial pressure on the states? Ok. Fine. But don't bitch when taxes increase locally. To match with rising inflation.
The former president was wrong, if the money was going to be used for security & not CRT or some transgender stuff .
100% believe public schools should be controlled by states & not federal. I believe we Americans spend more per student than any other country....getting lower schools at the same time . Money is not the issue. How it's spent is .
I keep hearing people always asking what's Congress going to do .....feds should not be involved in our as they are . If the administration dont like what a state votes on they cut federal funding. Its wrong. I'm not just talking about this administration been going on for generations.

Here's something for your opinions: Guns are protected by the 2nd Amendment. No doubt. What about ammunition? Has that been argued to the Supreme Court? Has there been a Court opinion on it?

There's already a 10% tax on firearms. Cut foreign aid that's wasted and doesn't solve those problems and take steps to secure our own.
But we aren't going to do that. That is as likely as banning guns.

This is why federal government needs to stay out of it . I get feds infrastructure funding & many other things. But what it is spent on should be up to the state . Someone please show me how the EPA (federal agency) got involved with covid relief.
Can the states generate enough revenue WITHOUT raising taxes to fund education and to heighten security at schools, without federal aid?

Here's something for your opinions: Guns are protected by the 2nd Amendment. No doubt. What about ammunition? Has that been argued to the Supreme Court? Has there been a Court opinion on it?
I'm guessing that will come up & I'm surprised it hasn't.
I'm pretty positive they will do as they always do & tax the mortal piss out of things they cant control. Black market will take care of it . As only a government can do , they will create a bigger problem & not solve the problem at hand .

I don't recall if SCOTUS has ruled on it, but even Illinois's state supreme court shot down a tax on ammunition at one point.

Can the states generate enough revenue WITHOUT raising taxes to fund education and to heighten security at schools, without federal aid?
Dont know. Dont think feds should tell states what to do with the aid . We have 50 states some will screw up & beg for more. Some will do what's right & move on . Hopefully the ones who mess up will learn from those that didnt .
If Corona was a lesson the ones that screw up just double down .

Dont know. Dont think feds should tell states what to do with the aid . We have 50 states some will screw up & beg for more. Some will do what's right & move on . Hopefully the ones who mess up will learn from those that didnt .
If Corona was a lesson the ones that screw up just double down .
Education is ran by the states. I'm arguing that if those want "more security" and "more training" to go on, where is the money going to come from if not from the federal government?

Education is ran by the states. I'm arguing that if those want "more security" and "more training" to go on, where is the money going to come from if not from the federal government?
We have the money as a whole to secure every school properly. Cameras, locking doors & a properly trained & equipped cop .yes have feds send out the money . But let's try something new ....
Let's stop funding other countries & use that money instead of printing money. Let's stop with the pork they put in the infrastructure bill and use that money.
& yes I'm for raising local taxes to pay for security & do away with football fields . I say provide the needs not the wants .yes I know sports keeps a lot of kids out of trouble.

We have the money as a whole to secure every school properly. Cameras, locking doors & a properly trained & equipped cop .yes have feds send out the money . But let's try something new ....
Let's stop funding other countries & use that money instead of printing money. Let's stop with the pork they put in the infrastructure bill and use that money.
& yes I'm for raising local taxes to pay for security & do away with football fields . I say provide the needs not the wants .yes I know sports keeps a lot of kids out of trouble.

We can afford football fields and better security. What we can't afford is wasting money on corrupt foreign governments.

Your character hates everything about your country. So there's that problem.
What is more important to you? The rights and freedoms of Americans or the future existence of America as a country (**** brand is probably more correct at this point, pretty similar to Nike really)?

What entity in the world tramples the rights of American's more than any other?
The answer is the US Government.

What is more important to you? The rights and freedoms of Americans or the future existence of America as a country (**** brand is probably more correct at this point, pretty similar to Nike really)?

Think about it. IF we pull our money from foreign aid, someone else goes in and funds that place. Ramifications could be big depending on who is doing it after us. Just saying.

You're all Anti-Government all the time and sound like someone who shares the same goals as Communist China, Russia, Drug Cartels, and Islamic terrorists.

Think about it. IF we pull our money from foreign aid, someone else goes in and funds that place. Ramifications could be big depending on who is doing it after us. Just saying.

China already has. They have been buying loyalty all over the world. However our foreign aid system is corrupt as hell. That's got to be fixed also.

You're all Anti-Government all the time and sound like someone who shares the same goals as Communist China, Russia, Drug Cartels, and Islamic terrorists.
I didn't ask what you thought about me but while we are at it

The US or "America" funds and rebuilt China (our government funded the lab that Covid came from), directly funded drug cartels by importing drugs into America (Contra Iran), do I need to go over the number of times the US has directly funded Islamic Terrorists?
Also for the cartels and gang violence Operation Fast and Furious was a fun one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

do you want me to go into the amount of money the government gave pfizer and these pharma companies?

I didn't ask what you thought about me but while we are at it

The US or "America" funds and rebuilt China (our government funded the lab that Covid came from), directly funded drug cartels by importing drugs into America (Contra Iran), do I need to go over the number of times the US has directly funded Islamic Terrorists?
Also for the cartels and gang violence Operation Fast and Furious was a fun one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

So stop voting for idiots like that. Convince others to do the same.

do you want me to go into the amount of money the government gave pfizer and these pharma companies?
1. Don't use wikipedia.....doesn't look good.
2. Governments are either corrupt or mostly look out for the financial backers that support them...I don't disagree....
3. The COVID crap was as corrupt as hell....billions made by drug companies......cases are as bad today as they were 12 months ago.........

What do you propose? Anarchy? Local warlords controlling regions without an established government? A one-party rule?

What do you propose? Anarchy? Local warlords controlling regions without an established government? A one-party rule?
"COVID-19 is the end of civil liberties in America"

That being your signature is...

giphy.gif

1. Don't use wikipedia.....doesn't look good.
2. Governments are either corrupt or mostly look out for the financial backers that support them...I don't disagree....
3. The COVID crap was as corrupt as hell....billions made by drug companies......cases are as bad today as they were 12 months ago.........

ALL governments are corrupt and are funded through coercion and theft. No different than organized crime, "Pay me to protect you or you will be thrown in a cage and robbed."

My proposition is radical decentralization and the use of bitcoin so that governments cant use force to steal from people and actually have to provide a service people are willing to pay for voluntarily or else go broke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT