ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM 2022 OL Weidman commits to West Virginia Mountaineers

Per Bruno every recruit must be a can't miss 4 or higher star before WVU will ever be better than 7-5. Despite that every 9+ win team WVU has ever had was with similar "7-5 kind of recruiting classes" that developed into a special team.
I never said that. You assume that. Those teams that got nine wins got the bounce of the ball. A key Int or fumble. Remember the recovered fumble by Mike Logan at BC in 93? Without it we do not have the final drive to win the game. It's a solid win for BC and WVU finishes 10-1. It's my belief to have the kind of seasons that are being discussed here we need several four star players in each class. When VT had their run that is what they typically had. Tidewater area dried up and those high school coaches Beamer was friends with retired. They went back to being a seven win program under the same Beamer staff which provided VT with a run of ten win seasons.

I never said that. You assume that. Those teams that got nine wins got the bounce of the ball. A key Int or fumble. Remember the recovered fumble by Mike Logan at BC in 93? Without it we do not have the final drive to win the game. It's a solid win for BC and WVU finishes 10-1. It's my belief to have the kind of seasons that are being discussed here we need several four star players in each class. When VT had their run that is what they typically had. Tidewater area dried up and those high school coaches Beamer was friends with retired. They went back to being a seven win program under the same Beamer staff which provided VT with a run of ten win seasons.

Aaron Beasely, Mike Logan, Amos Zeroue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Kevin White, Kazyr White, etc... were all 7-5 level recruits that became guys capable of playing on blue blood rosters. That is who WVU has been and where we have to put our hope. Being dour about the recruits not having enough stars rather than hoping the recruits, coaching staff and scheme can make a special mixture makes me wonder why you care or follow WVU at all. Unless you are some kind of masochist that enjoys being a wet blanket.

Aaron Beasely, Mike Logan, Amos Zeroue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Kevin White, Kazyr White, etc... were all 7-5 level recruits that became guys capable of playing on blue blood rosters. That is who WVU has been and where we have to put our hope. Being dour about the recruits not having enough stars rather than hoping the recruits, coaching staff and scheme can make a special mixture makes me wonder why you care or follow WVU at all. Unless you are some kind of masochist that enjoys being a wet blanket.
No. Zereoue was a four star. White had an LSU offer. They all played under solid staffs. The current staff is a bunch of kids.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Stars are horseshxx. Arguments trying to predict success based in a bunch of semi literate 18 year olds is a fool's bet. Results count. We are mediocre.

Reactions: WV Bruno
They would have been 7-5 in the Big 12. They lost to a poor Pitt team and freaking South Florida.

Got it. So how about you hit the bricks until WVU starts recruiting at a level where you can post something other than pessimism? Guess that will have to be until WVU doesn't have a single 3 star recruit in the class since you feel the need to drop your 7-5 opinion on every one of these announcement threads.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Not on the OL.

Last year at this time Austin Uke was committed to Holy Cross....Ended up exploding during his senior year and ended up with numerous P5 offers.
Signed with Stanford.
From FCS to P5

If you are going to attack WVU recruiting.. Make sense.
You are reaching for an example. The fact is the top programs recruit top rated guys every year. Yes we can use Pat White or Javon Carter as an example forever but the fact remains this is an exception not the norm.

Another so called realist fan that would rather see WVU fail than succeed. Vault.

Got it. So how about you hit the bricks until WVU starts recruiting at a level where you can post something other than pessimism? Guess that will have to be until WVU doesn't have a single 3 star recruit in the class since you feel the need to drop your 7-5 opinion on every one of these announcement threads.
How about you kiss my ass? We all have a right to express our opinions here.

Reactions: Rootmaster
You are reaching for an example. The fact is the top programs recruit top rated guys every year. Yes we can use Pat White or Javon Carter as an example forever but the fact remains this is an exception not the norm.

There are steps that have to taken for that.

I could be totally incorrect here but best way I see is if WVU produces players at certain positions. Then they could be known for OL or DB.
Whatever position the coaching staff feels that is important
Dana for awhile was starting to be known as a WR coach. Play for him and you could get to the NFL.
Those excellent evaluations are very important. They show that you can develop talent. When you can sell the NFL some other things aren’t as important for certain players.

Dana for awhile was starting to be known as a WR coach. Play for him and you could get to the NFL.
Those excellent evaluations are very important. They show that you can develop talent. When you can sell the NFL some other things aren’t as important for certain players.
Go ahead and post a reputable source for your nonsense in bold, then list all of Dana's wide receivers who have been good NFL receivers. I'll wait.

How about you kiss my ass? We all have a right to express our opinions here.

We do. And feel free to keep doing so, but I will continue to point out when you are being a broken record with negative Nancy posting that add nothing new to the conversation from what you've already asserted. Amazingly sharp wit with the "kiss my ass" comment though. Now we know you are capable of more than "7-5 talent"

Go ahead and post a reputable source for your nonsense in bold, then list all of Dana's wide receivers who have been good NFL receivers. I'll wait.
I would waste my time arguing about something so irrelevant.
Yes WVU was a program who produced WRs under the last coaching staff
Such an unimportant position. Should be QBs, OL, DL or DBs

I would waste my time arguing about something so irrelevant.
Yes WVU was a program who produced WRs under the last coaching staff
Such an unimportant position. Should be QBs, OL, DL or DBs
You would waste your time? You don't make any sense, as usual. Of course, you have no substantive response because your initial assertion was preposterous. Will Grier, a good college quarterback, made multiple average receivers look good in college. None of those guys is receiving meaningful playing time in the NFL. You fail again.

You would waste your time? You don't make any sense, as usual. Of course, you have no substantive response because your initial assertion was preposterous. Will Grier, a good college quarterback, made multiple average receivers look good in college. None of those guys is receiving meaningful playing time in the NFL. You fail again.
Dana came to WVU from Oklahoma State.
He already had his name out there.
Continued this. Had I believe 7 WRs drafted at WVU.
Don’t get why you are arguing about this. The guy isn’t even the coach anymore

Sidetrack threads with your insanity.

Point is WVU can’t get high end talent without development and you can’t develop every position to start.

Dana came to WVU from Oklahoma State.
He already had his name out there.
Continued this. Had I believe 7 WRs drafted at WVU.
Don’t get why you are arguing about this. The guy isn’t even the coach anymore
I asked you to simply name ONE WVU receiver who Holgorsen developed into an NFL regular. You can't name ONE, so you're spinning like a top. This isn't an Oklahoma State board, so nobody cares what he did in Stillwater.

I asked you to simply name ONE WVU receiver who Holgorsen developed into an NFL regular. You can't name ONE, so you're spinning like a top. This isn't an Oklahoma State board, so nobody cares what he did in Stillwater.
I never mentioned that.
I said getting drafted.

There are a lot of programs that have problems when the players get to the NFL like Ohio State at QB
But getting drafted for a lot of these kids is the next step.

I never mentioned that.
I said getting drafted.

There are a lot of programs that have problems when the players get to the NFL like Ohio State at QB
But getting drafted for a lot of these kids is the next step.
So, now you're spinning to Ohio State's quarterbacks? Good gawd, you're desperate. Just admit that you're clueless, and that Dana Holgorsen wasn't the wide receiver "whisperer" at WVU, and you won't have to argue your indefensible position any longer. BTW, so much for your lie above that you weren't going to waste your time--which you clearly have a ton of--in arguing your obviously wrong point about an unimportant position, such as WR. Debate isn't your strong suit.

So, now you're spinning to Ohio State's quarterbacks? Good gawd, you're desperate. Just admit that you're clueless, and that Dana Holgorsen wasn't the wide receiver "whisperer" at WVU, and you won't have to argue your indefensible position any longer. BTW, so much for your lie above that you weren't going to waste your time--which you clearly have a ton of--in arguing your obviously wrong point about an unimportant position, such as WR. Debate isn't your strong suit.
This is your problem as a poster…
Probably why you were banned on BL.

You don’t fully read a post and then respond with your emotional bullshit

This is your problem as a poster…
Probably why you were banned on BL.

You don’t fully read a post and then respond with your emotional bullshit
Never been banned from the Blue Lot, but I see as to why you have to steal your cuck's material, as you suck at this. Tell Dana, the receiver whisperer, that you admire his talents, then the two of you can talk all about the NFL stars that he's produced at the position. Oh, wait...

There are no WVU skill players catching the world on fire in the NFL. People need to quit deceiving themselves into thinking WVU is getting top notch talent. That is not the case. It's not even close. People should be very happy the OU game was not played last year. It would have been very ugly.

Reactions: KingCoal
We do. And feel free to keep doing so, but I will continue to point out when you are being a broken record with negative Nancy posting that add nothing new to the conversation from what you've already asserted. Amazingly sharp wit with the "kiss my ass" comment though. Now we know you are capable of more than "7-5 talent"
I do not post to please you or anyone else on this board. Get a clue.

Whoever said that you did? I will give you a clue and that is to look up non sequitur. But since you bring up motive; why do you post?
The same reason any fan does. Here's the deal. Been here for years. I watch cheerleaders like you try to force your will on others. Then after a few losses you bitch the rest of the fall or go away.

Reactions: KingCoal
The same reason any fan does. Here's the deal. Been here for years. I watch cheerleaders like you try to force your will on others. Then after a few losses you bitch the rest of the fall or go away.

How am I forcing my will on you? I post to express my opinion on the team or other posters commentary. Once I've expressed my opinion in a way that other posters understand, I don't see the need to keep repeating it. It's obvious that you feel WVU is recruiting at a "7-5" level and that WVU is not likely to be better without improvement in recruiting. So what is the point of reposting it every time a thread is started about a new commitment?

My opinion is WVU has rarely ever recruited much better than it is for this upcoming class and it's unlikely that WVU starts recruiting like Oklahoma. Thus WVU's not likely to be a year in year out part of the conference championship. It is more realistic that if WVU is going to win a Big XII football championship it is going to be by finding the right mixture of potential and coaching rather than suddenly being able to recruit multiple classes at a much higher level than WVU has ever been able to manage in its history. Similarly to how the 2010 basketball team made it without any real NBA level players.

Even if you disagree, the question still remains as to how it is insightful or adding anything to the conversation lumping every recruit with the "7-5 level recruit" label that does not meet your personal expectation.

Wonder if 17th in recruiting is good enough for Bruno?

Or is that still considered 7-5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT