ADVERTISEMENT

You guys ready for two "rebuilding" seasons in a row?

VaultHunter

All-Conference
Gold Member
Apr 16, 2014
That's what we're getting.

Next season was already going to be a step back. Now recruiting class with some studs in it will fall apart.

2019 schedule is very difficult. OOC games will be high profile but impossible to win. While the new guy gets his guys in place. And he has to sell recruits on coming here.

2020 will be the first actual season of the rebuild and hope for a 8 win season at best? Or just getting a meaningless bowl game,

2021 if the guy is the next Big Thing in Coaching we hope for a 10 win season and a Alamo Bowl? Then try and keep him from leaving.

Or wait do some of you think a new coach is going to come in a win a Orange Bowl right away? I sure hope not for your sake.

Or is WVU going to pony up 5-6 million a year to steal another successful P5 coach? Probably not so it's another G5 coach to ignite the program and rally the fanbase. Good Luck.

In the end is WVU sitting better than 8 wins on average after a couple years of rebuilding?

Some people are living in a fantasy land.

And you can probably kiss some key guys on the team now goodbye.

Google Houston Cougars football facilities then ask yourself. Where do I honestly expect WVU to be every year in the college football pecking order.

Some but not all G5 coaches will look at WVUs facilities and say "man this is a huge step up" and be excited to come here.

You could count on both hands how many P5 coaches would say that.

How about putting it this way?

We could dig up Bear Bryant and we would suck next year, so why not make a big change and build towards a higher point?

At minimum it would be nice to see a team that puts an effort into it’s bowl games.

Reactions: WVUBuck
Its a rebuilding year. No expectations coming in for me, but I'll be pissed if we end up with a HC like Doc Holiday or RR, or any of the RR era wish list guys. Its more of a grab the popcorn and see whats new this year. Lets hire a good young up-and-comer like Brown and start the rebuild.

Reactions: WVex-pat in GA
With a better coach that gives him 1st team reps and gives him a chance Trey Lowe will be pretty good next year.

So by the OPs post we can never ever move on from a head football coach....ever...because we may have a down year or two? Well someone needs to tell Dana that he can never leave. It is Dana that is chasing this job. He is actively pursuing this.

That's what we're getting.

Next season was already going to be a step back. Now recruiting class with some studs in it will fall apart.

2019 schedule is very difficult. OOC games will be high profile but impossible to win. While the new guy gets his guys in place. And he has to sell recruits on coming here.

2020 will be the first actual season of the rebuild and hope for a 8 win season at best? Or just getting a meaningless bowl game,

2021 if the guy is the next Big Thing in Coaching we hope for a 10 win season and a Alamo Bowl? Then try and keep him from leaving.

Or wait do some of you think a new coach is going to come in a win a Orange Bowl right away? I sure hope not for your sake.

Or is WVU going to pony up 5-6 million a year to steal another successful P5 coach? Probably not so it's another G5 coach to ignite the program and rally the fanbase. Good Luck.

In the end is WVU sitting better than 8 wins on average after a couple years of rebuilding?

Some people are living in a fantasy land.

And you can probably kiss some key guys on the team now goodbye.

Google Houston Cougars football facilities then ask yourself. Where do I honestly expect WVU to be every year in the college football pecking order.

Some but not all G5 coaches will look at WVUs facilities and say "man this is a huge step up" and be excited to come here.

You could count on both hands how many P5 coaches would say that.

Awww, someone just lost their boyfriend.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I'm sure Pride can talk the Fairmont High coach to be the new WVU HC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT