ADVERTISEMENT

WWVU allows Houston to interview football coach Dana Holgorsen

Dana is rolling the dice...

tenor.gif

Dana isn't rolling the dice. He is seeing what Houston will offer. If they offer him comparable money he goes cause I think he sees his situation. It's a fresh start.

However that school has crazy expectations although they do play one weak ass AAC P6 conference schedule.

Dana isn't rolling the dice. He is seeing what Houston will offer. If they offer him comparable money he goes cause I think he sees his situation. It's a fresh start.

However that school has crazy expectations although they do play one weak ass AAC P6 conference schedule.
There is no way we keep him around if he doesnt like what Houston offers at this point. That would look horrible on WVUs part if our current coach was out job hunting, our recruiting would tank even more than it has .

There is no way we keep him around if he doesnt like what Houston offers at this point. That would look horrible on WVUs part if our current coach was out job hunting, our recruiting would tank even more than it has .

Be silly to fork over $7 million just because he had interest in other jobs, especially when you (the AD) doesnt really support him.

Probably wont matter.

Be silly to fork over $7 million just because he had interest in other jobs, especially when you (the AD) doesnt really support him.

Probably wont matter.
True, it would be tough on the program knowing the divorce is pending though. If we were eyeing Curt Cignetti it would be the right move to keep Dana another year as CC just signed with JMU.

True, it would be tough on the program knowing the divorce is pending though. If we were eyeing Curt Cignetti it would be the right move to keep Dana another year as CC just signed with JMU.

Well Lyons needs to get more decisive. Doesn't want to give him good extentions and raises but doesnt fire him.

If hes not your guy, just fire him and move on. Stop trying save a buck. Be in charge.

Cignetti ain’t happening.

Paying $7 million to fire makes a bad look a lot easier to look at. I think he's Houston bound at this point and he or Houston will have to write WVU a smaller check. We will know in 24 hours.

I wish the guy well. He's the most genuine coach at WVU I have ever seen. And when I say genuine I mean he genuinely doesn't care one bit about anything (his appearance, him getting all the pub or credit or blame, who likes/dislikes him, or what anyone else thinks). I call that genuine and it's been refreshing after the previous coaching phonies that have been in Morgantown in football and basketball. And NO I don't need/want the Head Coach to be my friend.

Paying $7 million to fire makes a bad look a lot easier to look at. I think he's Houston bound at this point and he or Houston will have to write WVU a smaller check. We will know in 24 hours.

I wish the guy well. He's the most genuine coach at WVU I have ever seen. And when I say genuine I mean he genuinely doesn't care one bit about anything (his appearance, him getting all the pub or credit or blame, who likes/dislikes him, or what anyone else thinks). I call that genuine and it's been refreshing after the previous coaching phonies that have been in Morgantown in football and basketball. And NO I don't need/want the Head Coach to be my friend.

I always appreciated his unsanctimonious nature.

He dealt with organized sabotage since he arrived in morgantown. I would have left a lot quicker.

heard that Houston has offered Dana a guaranteed 6 year contract with less money than he is making now but more than Applewhite was taking in. Applewhite was making $1.5M a year.

heard that Houston has offered Dana a guaranteed 6 year contract with less money than he is making now but more than Applewhite was taking in. Applewhite was making $1.5M a year.

That gauranteed money is what you want.

Worth taking a yearly cut.

I always appreciated his unsanctimonious nature.

He dealt with organized sabotage since he arrived in morgantown. I would have left a lot quicker.

Well, it was never going to work out considering the events of 2007 to 2011...
We need a fresh start with all involved parties gone...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT